Young > McNair

Wrangler87

Reaction score
cstanton1987;1310986 said:
Of Course but thats the thing about leadership it lifts all his teammates. You never feel like your out of a game with VY under center and when a team feels like they're always in it they play harder and then you see some of those plays that PacMan and the special teams make cause they have a guy under center that they can go to bat for. Ask yourself this why wasn't the Titans defense and special teams making those same plays for Kerry Collins?

And Travis Henry wasn't running for 100 yards either, when Collins was in there. That's because he was hurt and not playing much, if at all while Collins was starting. Glad you brought that up, I almost forgot the credit that a healthy Travis Henry isn't getting.

So, in addition to the 8 special teams TD's and 4 defensive TD's, Young also was fortunate enough to be playing with a healthy Travis Henry who was running for 100 yards every other week.

I'm starting to think I could have won 7 games with all of that help. I could have probably posted a 63 QB Rating.

Wrangler87

Reaction score
Da Hammer;1310990 said:
No need to drink the media kool-aid. ive been following and watching Vince Young dominate games since he played HS football in Houston. he's a future HOF QB

So was Vick his Rookie season, and now after five seasons, uh......wait......nevermind.

cstanton1987

Reaction score
Wrangler87;1310998 said:
And Travis Henry wasn't running for 100 yards either, when Collins was in there. That's because he was hurt and not playing much, if at all while Collins was starting. Glad you brought that up, I almost forgot the credit that a healthy Travis Henry isn't getting.

So, in addition to the 8 special teams TD's and 4 defensive TD's, Young also was fortunate enough to be playing with a healthy Travis Henry who was running for 100 yards every other week.

I'm starting to think I could have won 7 games with all of that help. I could have probably posted a 63 QB Rating.
lol your beyond redemption

Da Hammer

The Natural
Reaction score
theogt;1310989 said:
Win/Loss record is an accurate indicator of QB play. It's funny that the Vince Young fans can only resort to that as a defense.
funny that you contridicted yourself with that statement :laugh2: You Owned yourself there!!!

Da Hammer

The Natural
Reaction score
Wrangler87;1311004 said:
So was Vick his Rookie season, and now after five seasons, uh......wait......nevermind.
thanks for showing you no absolutely nothing about Vince Young!!! they have nothing in common except that they are both black and are amazing athletes

cstanton1987

Reaction score
Wrangler87;1311010 said:
No, I just bring up facts that other choose to ignore.
No your ignoring the fact that Vince has proven himself to be a winner at almost every level. Your also ignoring that as the season went along his passer rating started to improve more. Your ignoring the possibility that he could grow as a player. Your ignoring the fact that a key reason that Travis Henry did so well was because that defenses weren't keying in on stopping him but stopping VY.

Wrangler87

Reaction score
Da Hammer;1311013 said:
thanks for showing you no absolutely nothing about Vince Young!!! they have nothing in common except that they are both black and are amazing athletes

And they both rely more on their legs and show a below average passing game. I just doesn't work in the NFL.

cstanton1987

Reaction score
Da Hammer;1311013 said:
basically

Wrangler87

Reaction score
cstanton1987;1311020 said:
No your ignoring the fact that Vince has proven himself to be a winner at almost every level. Your also ignoring that as the season went along his passer rating started to improve more. Your ignoring the possibility that he could grow as a player. Your ignoring the fact that a key reason that Travis Henry did so well was because that defenses weren't keying in on stopping him but stopping VY.

No, the original poster was trying to say Young is better than McNair. I showed plenty of evidence that he is not.

You can fall back on the wins, but I think I showed that their was more to the wins than Vince Young. Much, much more.

cstanton1987

Reaction score
Wrangler87;1311021 said:
And they both rely more on their legs and show a below average passing game. I just doesn't work in the NFL.

Your condemning the Rookie of the Year's whole career after one season?! Is this Merril Hoge?

cstanton1987

Reaction score
Wrangler87;1311027 said:
No, the original poster was trying to say Young is better than McNair. I showed plenty of evidence that he is not.

You can fall back on the wins, but I think I showed that their was more to the wins than Vince Young. Much, much more.
So McNair gets all the credit for his wins? Truthfully Young 2006 > McNair 2006

Wrangler87

Reaction score
cstanton1987;1311029 said:
Your condemning the Rookie of the Year's whole career after one season?! Is this Merril Hoge?

No, I'm saying he should never have been the Rookie of the Year, basically.

Wrangler87

Reaction score
cstanton1987;1311034 said:
So McNair gets all the credit for his wins? Truthfully Young 2006 > McNair 2006

No, that's why you fall back to Passer Rating. It takes out the other variables. However, that would not do your argument well, so......

cstanton1987

Reaction score
Wrangler87;1311039 said:
No, I'm saying he should never have been the Rookie of the Year, basically.
Who deserved it more. Do you not believe that the QB is the leader of the team?! Young was the impact player for his offense on a team that went on a very very impressive run of wins name someone who did better... Jay Cutler? Matt Leinart? Reggie Bush? Marques Colston? Joseph Addai? Laurence Maroney? No No No No No and ... No. No one had the impact on his team thatr VY had

Wrangler87

Reaction score
Marques Colston

All Pro stats from a Rookie WR should be an automatic.

But, he is not as popular.

cstanton1987

Reaction score
Wrangler87;1311047 said:
No, that's why you fall back to Passer Rating. It takes out the other variables. However, that would not do your argument well, so......
Ah the all important passer rating. Intangibles be d@mned.

Wrangler87

Reaction score
Colston New Orleans Saints
Stats like that for a Rookie. How can anyone say he didn't deserve ROY? He was his teams leading receiver.2006New Orleans Saints14,12,70,1038,14.8,86,8,15,3,51

cstanton1987

Reaction score
Wrangler87;1311059 said:
Marques Colston

All Pro stats from a Rookie WR should be an automatic.

But, he is not as popular.
Not as popular! He's on the medias favorite team! By your logic a WR is just as valuable as a QB