Youngest starting team in the league, last season

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
But we have had two losing seasons out of the last 14. Cry!! Pout!!

Isn't selective use of numbers fun?
8.8 people are just now realizing what I've been saying for quite some time. It's actually a great accomplishment to be average as long as we have been. People go to the Super Bowl, and they don't even make the playoffs the following next to Seasons or so. Tony Romo keeping this franchise Keepin this franchise 8 and ate 8 was actually great.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Just think this isn't the first time they have had such an acclaimed designation in those 23 plus years. What a great 24 years it has been.
Do people truly live in the past. Step up to the new Cowboys enjoy the ride

Whyjerry

Reaction score
and these young players had nothing to do with 20 of those years. This is a young team who has seen some early success in their careers, clearly they want more and will have their chance. Hell we have guys were not born since the last SB win.

It is never the players. It is the country club culture espoused by the senile owner and the last decade of Jason Garrett doing Jason Garrett things.

Silver N Blue

Reaction score
Do people truly live in the past. Step up to the new Cowboys enjoy the ride
Nope but you are with your OP thread...so you opened the door. Just current past this team or organization hasn't done squat and couldn't hold a candle to the teams of the 70, 80, or 90s.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
It is never the players. It is the country club culture espoused by the senile owner and the last decade of Jason Garrett doing Jason Garrett things.
This is not the same old Cowboys in culture either William McClay has made a huge difference

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Nope but you are with your OP thread...so you opened the door. Just current past this team or organization hasn't done squat and couldn't hold a candle to the teams of the 70, 80, or 90s.
Don't we have three rings in the 90s

Whyjerry

Reaction score
This is not the same old Cowboys in culture either William McClay has made a huge difference

I love McClay. He is the adult in the room. He has been there for 10 years. 10 years...

Hard to overcome Jerry and the JV coach.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I'm guess you people are saying Tony Romo his era he was just completely horrible. Don't dare blame The Supporting Cast because he had them. I'm saying 8-8 was actually great for as long as we've had it

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I love McClay. He is the adult in the room. He has been there for 10 years. 10 years...

Hard to overcome Jerry and the JV coach.
I'm actually a fan of Jason Garrett until he loses the locker room I have his back also

Silver N Blue

Reaction score
You're missing the word starting roster. Cowboys were third youngest in the league. But fielded the youngest starting roster.
You're missing the word last. What did this achieve? Hope for you...yippy. Team got dismantled, destroyed, embarrassed, and taken to the wood shed.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I think it would be in polite, not to respond to each poster when you open the thread. But my last response go Cowboys I love what the future has in front of us.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
You're missing the word last. What did this achieve? Hope for you...yippy. Team got dismantled, destroyed, embarrassed, and taken to the wood shed.
The team did not get dismantled the defensive line was porus because of defensive tackle play. Don't confuse one aspect of the team for the entire team. And look what the Patriots did to Mahomes with the middle Rush. Nope second round of the playoffs with a huge accomplishment going to the second round of the playoffs with the youngest starting team in the league if you don't think that was an accomplishment. You lose all integrity

Whyjerry

Reaction score
I'm guess you people are saying Tony Romo his era he was just completely horrible. Don't dare blame The Supporting Cast because he had them. I'm saying 8-8 was actually great for as long as we've had it

Romo was largely undermined by poor coaching and the drunken sailor running things. He should have had his shot in 2007 and 2014. Wade destroyed the team Parcells built and Garrett did his usual wonderful second half job against GB in 2014.

Doomsday101

Reaction score

I don't think how they have done business over the last few season is the same as it was 20 some odd years ago. As for it is never the players yes sometimes it is the players, I have seen many people praise deals that Jerry has made only to turn around and mock that same deal when it did not work, same with draft picks. I look at the job that this team has done since McClay has taken on the role he has and players who have been brought in since he was promoted to Assistant Director of Player Personnel in 2014 I have seen this team make improvements that has lead to post season. That does not mean I am satisfied but it does mean I see major differences and think they will continue to compete and will reach the goal of a championship.