Your All-Pro Team

like a dog

Panamanian Cowboy
Reaction score
Mr. S said:
dude, not to be offensive, but why are you analyzing everyones team list? If you have something constructive to say, that is one thing, but you are bashing certain picks even though there is some method to it.

For someone who is not in the top third of punters, he was the pro bowl alternate for the NFC.

Sean Taylor was in the running for DROY, and if his performance was based on the last 8 games of the season, he may have made the pro-bowl instead of being first alternate. Springs was better than most CBs in the league. Griffin also was well overlooked, and in my opinion, he definitely was dominant.

My o-line, I dont really know too many of the dominant people on the lines, but the Cheifs line, they do very well. It is all about production, and you can use the Commanders for a case in point, lots of talent on paper in the past, nothing accomplished.

I'm expressing my opinion. That was the point of this thread. That my opinion differs from yours does not really mean anything; neither of us will ever make a desicion that actually affects a professional football team. But expressing football opinions is a good way for fans to get involved and garner more intellectual joy from an already rich game.

I still think your picks show an obvious Commander bias, but that is fine. You are a Commanders fan and you have the right to think that your players are the best, even if most would disagree with you.

like a dog

Panamanian Cowboy
Reaction score
joshjwc9 said:
Let me keep the ball rolling...
QB-Dante Culpepper
RB-Julius Jones (Homerism I know) (LT is the 3rd down guy)
FB-Dan Krieder (Daryl Johnston JR?)
WR-Andre Johnson
WR-Chad Johnson
TE-Jason Witten
LT-Walter Jones
LG-Alan Faneca
C-Kevin Mawae
RG-Steve Hutchinson
RT-Jordan Gross
LE-Richard Seymour
DT-LaRoi Glover
DT-Marcus Stroud
DE-Julius Peppers
SLB-Takeo Spikes
MLB-Ray Lewis
WLB-Jonathan Vilma (Sure he's a MLB but he is just too good!)
CB-Chris McCalister
CB-Champ Bailey
FS-Ed Reed
SS-Troy Polamalu (I know I know) I think he is coming into his own and is better in coverage than RW and faster than him too.

KR-Terrance McGee
PR-Dante Hall

Culpepper would be my second pick for QB. He is a talent.

It would be interesting to tally who has made the most of these lists. My feeling is that LT, Julius Peppers, and Ed Reed would be out in front.

Neal is a better blocking back then Kreider. Richardson is probably my favorite fullback, almost as good as a blocker and a much better runner and receiver then just about anybody else at the positon.

Love the receiver picks. I think 2 years from now that Andre Johnson and Roy Williams will be widely considered the best WRs in the game.

Hard to argue with your O-line. Their are tackles better then Gross (Ogden, Pace, etc.), but he does excel on the right side. Before going with Williams, I almost put Luke Pettigout of the Giants at RT. He played there his first few years in the league and was a monster. He has really tallied off since moving to LT.

Your D-line would be dominating. Seymour at LE, and Peppers at RE with Glover the ideal 3-technique and Stroud the monster at the 1-technique.

Vilma is an interesting pick at WLB. But why choose him over a more established player with at least equal talent like Keith Bulluck? Plus, you left out Keith Brooking, the best OLB in football.

You chose probably the two most talented CBs. Bailey had a down year (a good year for just about anybody else) and I look for him to bounce back.

Polamalu is a great pick. He was the most effective SS in football last year, bar none. I expect that will change this season with Roy playing his natural position, but Polamalu is going to be a force for a long time. He really bounced back in a big way from a poor rookie year.

KDWilliams85

Reaction score
QB - Tom Brady
HB - Tiki Barber
FB - Kleinsasser
WR - Randy Moss
WR - Marvin Harrison
TE - Jason Witten
OT - Robert Gallery
OG - Larry Allen
C - Kevin Mawae
OG - Mike Wahle
OT - Flozell Adams

DE - Dwight Freeney
DT - Kevin Williams
DT - Vince Wilfork
DE - Michael Strahan
OLB - D.J. Williams
MLB - Dan Morgan
OLB - Demarcus Ware
CB - Champ Bailey
FS - Dwight Smith
SS - Roy Williams
CB - Dunta Robinson

InDakWeTrust

DezBRomo9
Reaction score
like a dog said:
Culpepper would be my second pick for QB. He is a talent.

It would be interesting to tally who has made the most of these lists. My feeling is that LT, Julius Peppers, and Ed Reed would be out in front.

Neal is a better blocking back then Kreider. Richardson is probably my favorite fullback, almost as good as a blocker and a much better runner and receiver then just about anybody else at the positon.

Love the receiver picks. I think 2 years from now that Andre Johnson and Roy Williams will be widely considered the best WRs in the game.

Hard to argue with your O-line. Their are tackles better then Gross (Ogden, Pace, etc.), but he does excel on the right side. Before going with Williams, I almost put Luke Pettigout of the Giants at RT. He played there his first few years in the league and was a monster. He has really tallied off since moving to LT.

Your D-line would be dominating. Seymour at LE, and Peppers at RE with Glover the ideal 3-technique and Stroud the monster at the 1-technique.

Vilma is an interesting pick at WLB. But why choose him over a more established player with at least equal talent like Keith Bulluck? Plus, you left out Keith Brooking, the best OLB in football.

You chose probably the two most talented CBs. Bailey had a down year (a good year for just about anybody else) and I look for him to bounce back.

Polamalu is a great pick. He was the most effective SS in football last year, bar none. I expect that will change this season with Roy playing his natural position, but Polamalu is going to be a force for a long time. He really bounced back in a big way from a poor rookie year.

Culpepper is the most well rounded QB in the league IMO.
Krieder blocked for 2 RB's in Pittsburgh that almost hit 1000 yards each.
Vilma will be twice as good this year. A friend who is a Jets fan said Vilma was making all the calls as a rookie which shows his smarts and ability. I dont even have to bring up his stats to impress but I will.

Vilma's stats for 2004

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
QB - Tom Brady
RB - Shaun Alexander
FB - Will Henderson
TE - Jason Witten
WR - Tory Holt
WR - Randy Moss
OT - Willie Anderson
OT - Mike Williams
OG - Leonard Davis
OG - LaCharles Bently
C - Damian Woody

SWR - Andre Johnson
3rd Down Back - Priest Holmes

DE - Julius Peppers
DE - Dwight Freeney
DT - Richard Seymour
DT - Kevin Williams
OLB - Keith Bullocks
OLB - Takeo Spikes
MLB - John Vilma
CB - Chris McAlister
CB - Rashean Mathis
FS - Ed Reed
SS - Ken Hamlin

Designated Pass Rusher - Terrell Suggs
Nickel Back - Donta Robertson

KR - Donta Hall
Punter - Shane Lechler
Kicker - David Akers

Mr. S

Reaction score
like a dog said:
I'm expressing my opinion. That was the point of this thread. That my opinion differs from yours does not really mean anything; neither of us will ever make a desicion that actually affects a professional football team. But expressing football opinions is a good way for fans to get involved and garner more intellectual joy from an already rich game.

I still think your picks show an obvious Commander bias, but that is fine. You are a Commanders fan and you have the right to think that your players are the best, even if most would disagree with you.

alright, that works. It's a message board after all, you just seemed a bit hostile in your analysis, tis all. Anyways, its cool, I look forward to more discussions!

Zaxor

Virtus Mille Scuta
Reaction score
I think the skins will be better than they were last year...if only because Gibbs has another year with the team...

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Zaxor said:
I think the skins will be better than they were last year...if only because Gibbs has another year with the team...
I think they will plateau. Too much distraction.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
Zaxor said:

I doubt it...QB and OL play are mediocre to poor...defensively they were stout last yr but alot of that was smoke and mirrors IMO...they let two of their best defensive players go and dont have any real bigtime talent in the front 4 either...wouldnt surprise me to see them go 4-12...even if the defense doesnt drop off alot they'll still struggle to win games because their offense will be one of the worst in the league

David

Zaxor

Virtus Mille Scuta
Reaction score
dbair1967 said:
I doubt it...QB and OL play are mediocre to poor...defensively they were stout last yr but alot of that was smoke and mirrors IMO...they let two of their best defensive players go and dont have any real bigtime talent in the front 4 either...wouldnt surprise me to see them go 4-12...even if the defense doesnt drop off alot they'll still struggle to win games because their offense will be one of the worst in the league

David

I realize that my friend... but with Janson back and an upgrade at center it will be a large help plus this time I suspect Brunnel will not be starting...I expect their defense to take a step back but I expect their offense to take 2 steps forward but we will see..

Zaxor

Virtus Mille Scuta
Reaction score
Hostile said:
I think they will plateau. Too much distraction.

they gonna circle dem wagons Hos

...atleast they do in most westerns:p:

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Zaxor said:
they gonna circle dem wagons Hos

...atleast they do in most westerns:p:
The wagon trains did that, not the Indians.

:wink2:

Zaxor

Virtus Mille Scuta
Reaction score
Hostile said:
The wagon trains did that, not the Indians.

:wink2:

well it always looked like they circled the outside anyway:eek: