Your biggest disappointment this season so far

dagreat1_87

Reaction score
There is no disappointment because I went into this season with no expectations. They are performing as I expected them to.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
For me it was realizing this off-season that Jerry and Giggles were never serious about improving the roster. This was a disastrous off-season but I held out hope it would be better than it seemed. It wasn’t.

cowboyec

Reaction score
i thought phillips would've made an impact on our dline.
i wasn't expecting all-pro level...but helluva lot more than what we got.
like everson griffen a few years ago.
loved the move.
thought he'd help.
disappointed in getting nothing from'em.

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
Resigning Dak by far.

The GB game showed us convincingly that this core wasn't going anywhere. When you lose one-score playoffs to the studly Niners, you think that we might have a chance. When you get blown out at home by a 7th seed, well, it's time to rethink some things.

I figured that 2024 was going to be a tank-out season, before a 2025 reset. Well resigning Dak for top dollar, fully guaranteed, put all those hopes to bed. There won't be a reset, it's just going to be more of the same.

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
I don't hate Dak, and I actually think that with the right coach and on the right team, he could succeed and win a Super Bowl. For this mess of a team from top to bottom, I hated resigning him because this has hamstrung the franchise for years to come. Hell, Jerry admitted as much while having a stroke during the interview when asked about Henry.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Resigning Dak by far.

The GB game showed us convincingly that this core wasn't going anywhere. When you lose one-score playoffs to the studly Niners, you think that we might have a chance. When you get blown out at home by a 7th seed, well, it's time to rethink some things.

I figured that 2024 was going to be a tank-out season, before a 2025 reset. Well resigning Dak for top dollar, fully guaranteed, put all those hopes to bed. There won't be a reset, it's just going to be more of the same.
there was never going to be a reset by the GM your only hope was Dak decided to leave this circus....he took the money, bad life decision in my opinion but he will have to live with the circus and blame for 4 more years...

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I’m just glad we re-signed our QB and don’t have to worry about looking for a new one next year. The Cowboys would be an awful team without a viable QB. We can’t run the ball or play defense and everything is being thrown on our QB. Look how much better the Panthers looked yesterday after benching Bryce Young for Andy Dalton, and Dalton isn’t anything great. He had a losing record with the Cowboys a few years ago. We would be royally screwed without a solid QB. The Cowboys look pretty much like what I expected, except the defense looks much worse than I thought it would be. However, I knew there would be problems having to depend on Mazi.

MojaveJT

Reaction score
Resigning Dak and especially at the midnight hour. Why hold off so long just to give him the record breaking deal, and for what?

Results would still be the same today if he did or didn’t get a deal.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
For me it's not the Saints or Ravens games. It's the resigning of Dak and Lamb and knowing Jerry will triple down on Parsons and completely ruin this franchise for years to come.

I can forgive a bad season, but to pay all time money to those 3 players in particular is just unforgivable!!
Agree.

MoistMayonnaise

Devil's Advocate
Reaction score
I'm pretty much immune to the disappointment. I know as long as the Jones family owns, and runs the Cowboys, this franchise will not have significant playoff success.

It is possible that Jerry hits lightning in a bottle and wins a SB somewhere down the line but it is unlikely.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
Signing this QB. The reasons are obvious and to add just one:

You just hampered your coach search (if you have any intent on changing coaches).
In the NFL a new coach generally sounds the death knell of the starting QB.

So either Booger is keeping BigMac or he's digging around behind the scenes for someone who is just wanting to get back in the game. Maybe both.
Dallas can opt out after 2025.

Post June 1.

The numbers look better after 2026.

Will be a minor miracle if Big Mike survives the season.

He’s clearly not getting a new deal.

cowboyfan4life2

Reaction score
Does free agency count as this year? It would be telling.the fans your all in and not doing doing a damn thing to get better.

csirl

Reaction score
BIggesr dissappointment is that it looks like both the coaches and players have bailed out and are just going thru the montions......and its only week 3.

And we'll feel the impact of poor contracts for many of these players long after they are all gone off the roster.

KMY_Amber

Reaction score
I'm most disappointed in the Cowboys fans for expecting more from this Not-All-In roster...a roster still missing DTs, a thumper MLB, safeties, and a RB. A roster with an average offensive line, at-best, and with an HC/OC who rarely looks impressive in any specific game situation.

There was no way this 2024-2025 team was going to make a deep playoff run, unless the NFC East as a whole is having a truly down year...which so far, may be the case. Still, McCarthy is the proverbial Dead Coach Walking, anyone who thought he was going to work some magic to save his job with ANY Cowboys rosters was delusional.

Pipelayer72

Reaction score
The laughter on the sidelines during yesterday's loss coupled with Dak's bandwagon comment. Losing is one thing, losing and being flippant about it is unacceptable.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
The laughter on the sidelines during yesterday's loss coupled with Dak's bandwagon comment. Losing is one thing, losing and being flippant about it is unacceptable.
The GM been doing it for 28 years..seems like it is acceptable on this team, hell he teaches it

Chasing6

Reaction score
For me it's not the Saints or Ravens games. It's the resigning of Dak and Lamb and knowing Jerry will triple down on Parsons and completely ruin this franchise for years to come.

I can forgive a bad season, but to pay all time money to those 3 players in particular is just unforgivable!!
Nothing. Defense is significantly worse just like I expected.

RS12

Reaction score
Peescott contract. Are you kidding? Married to mediocrity for the forseeable future.