Your elite Ideas for coaching staff

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
it starts and ends with Sean Payton.

Brees retires and the Saints look at a rebuilding year or two. They'd love to have extra picks as ammo to get up and grab the QB they want in the first.

If Payton decided to come to Dallas, the #1 reason would be the presence of Dak Prescott.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Garrett out coached Payton last year. That scares me. But I would love to have him.

He didn't.

We just out-athleted the Saints and played a basic brand of football while doing it. The coach provided nothing.

TheDuke

How 'Bout Dem Cowboys
Reaction score
Cowboys fans don’t have ‘elite’ ideas for anything.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Urban Meyer would be a train wreck here. Look @ his history...he's left a mess everywhere he's coached.

I think he makes the most logical sense.

He immediately commands respect from everyone in that room including the owners.

Even a guy like Lincoln Riley would have a lot of questions to answer. I think Urban steps in and gets this this going.

My question about him is what does the Sunday playcalling look like..? Outside of that I think we'll be a more prepared football team.

If he's gone in a few years then I say good? I do not want continuity at the coaching position unless that coach is winning.

I do not believe in coaching continuity in 2019 football. I believe in changing things until something works and then ride that horse until it doesn't ride anymore.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score

Brees retires and the Saints look at a rebuilding year or two. They'd love to have extra picks as ammo to get up and grab the QB they want in the first.
Sean Payton already signed a long term extension with the Saints.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I prefer...

Never mind, I'll just get attacked for my preference.

EPL0c0

The Funcooker
Reaction score
1) a HC from outside Dallas, Big12, and/or SEC
2) under 50
3) Jerry & Stephen resign and be just owners / no part in day-to-day operations
4) let HC build their own staff

rags747

Reaction score
Jimmy Johnson
Actually I want a Jimmy J clone. 1)College coach with lots of fire in his belly 2)College coach will be excellent with the drafting of players as he has been recruiting them fir the past 4 years so he knows who has talent. 3)Just someone that the players fear and respect. Jimmy had all of that and more. Which college coach today is that?

rags747

Reaction score

Not too old at this point? Prefer not to give up picks. I think they are quite happy with Bridgewater, didn’t he play pretty dam well while Brees was out?

Vegas_Cowboy

Reaction score
Recently named Big 12 Coach of the year Matt Rhule and let him pick his own staff. He took that Baylor program from a 1-11 to a 11-1 team in 2 years.

He wouldn't Jerry's lip so Jerry wont hire him.