Your favorite black & white horror movies

Cowpolk

Landry Hat
Reaction score
When I was a kid there was a weir wolf movie where a kid was a wear wolf kept knocking on the castle door saying let me in let me in Anyone remember it or know the name of the movie

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Probably saw them all at one point as a kid, but the only one I remember is Night of the Living Dead.

quickccc

Reaction score
Thanks for Sharing ..

https://www.imdb.com/list/ls058474592/

The Incredible Shrinking Man
The Fiend without a Face
A Girl Walks Home Alone at Night (vampire)

The Addiction (vampire)
Creature from the black lagoon (why no reboot ?)

Psycho
Night of the Living Dead
The Fly
Wasp Woman
Werewolf of London

p3325_v_v8_ab.jpg

220px-A_Girl_Walks_Home_Alone_at_Night_%28poster%29.jpg

ab046bbef3a9b42e410d0fd4a8e206b7.jpg

0dd7a7ab2b52a1ac39694c4932b80f3d.jpg

ba711b2fa9ebdc678dee764c1e02146a.jpg

5ae6bb2f497336ac5ce52064895ce1ea.jpg

5c29c0f7a8e9bc2e6f3975234a26de3c.jpg

33fa758c68392439e0f1a5b9025ea51d.jpg

5fe25176fbfdc8db927631ec89bb3fc0.jpg

a3eb904ca6c3763d12e88ed5ac51f1f6.jpg

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I double that. I used to swim in a pond as a kid and I would put on my flippers and pretend I was the Creature. Good time.

I never really "got" the "Creature from the Black Lagoon" movies... I watched them... Thought they were OK and that was about it. When it came to the Universal Studios monsters I would rate the rate the creature beneath all the rest of them.

Just never clicked with me.

Jammer

Retired Air Force Guy
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I never really "got" the "Creature from the Black Lagoon" movies... I watched them... Thought they were OK and that was about it. When it came to the Universal Studios monsters I would rate the rate the creature beneath all the rest of them.

Just never clicked with me.
I know it sounds dumb, but the old Universal Studios monsters seemed too far-fetched for me as a kid. I knew I wasn't going to be in a far-off land in some castle type place to ever run into them. Don't get me wrong, I did like them and I spent many Friday late nights watching the shows as a kid, but I grew up swimming in ponds, creeks, and rivers. The types of places I could see myself "running" into the Creature in my day-to-day life. As an adult I've watched the movies again and I really never realized how cheesy they are, but I still love them.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I know it sounds dumb, but the old Universal Studios monsters seemed too far-fetched for me as a kid. I knew I wasn't going to be in a far-off land in some castle type place to ever run into them. Don't get me wrong, I did like them and I spent many Friday late nights watching the shows as a kid, but I grew up swimming in ponds, creeks, and rivers. The types of places I could see myself "running" into the Creature in my day-to-day life. As an adult I've watched the movies again and I really never realized how cheesy they are, but I still love them.

Yeah, I know what you're saying...

I was taken to see "Dracula" & "Frankenstein" (by a babysitter) when I was about 5 and they scared the bejesus out of me!

But I was only 5.

JohnnyTheFox

Achilleslastand
Reaction score
Something that always seems to come up is Freaks,
I double that. I used to swim in a pond as a kid and I would put on my flippers and pretend I was the Creature. Good time.
Creature from the Black lagoon is a favorite, I even like the sequels. Two different actors played the creature, one for the land scenes and a different one for the underwater scenes. I believe Rico Browning who did the underwater scenes is still alive

quickccc

Reaction score
Something that always seems to come up is Freaks,

Creature from the Black lagoon is a favorite, I even like the sequels. Two different actors played the creature, one for the land scenes and a different one for the underwater scenes. I believe Rico Browning who did the underwater scenes is still alive

There was a sequel to Creature from Black Lagoon ..? ( edited: yep, i just searched it - and it was a sequel under a different title)

i maybe misunderstanding... cuz back in those old black and white days, i cannot recall any sequels at all.
In those days and eras, black and white movies were one and done.

Which i wonder what movie(s) or movie studios, ..began influencing the start of movie sequels, ..once theaters and TV began implementing " Color" visual into our lives and culture ?

220px-Revenge_creature.jpg

Last edited:

quickccc

Reaction score
Invasion of the Body Snatchers

The Incredible Shrinking Man

Night of the Living Dead

Young Frankenstein

The Tingler

The Fly

Psycho

Them!

As a kid, i really was freaked out by the " giant" tarantula in The Incredible Shrinking Man.

If i myself, were the Shrinking Man, ..how and what would i do if i had to survive a giant Tarantula in the same basement i am in too ?

220px-IncredibleShrinkingMan-poster.jpg