Your Favorite Commander Mistakes

1fisher

Reaction score
riggo;1439088 said:
ahhh...see? there ya go. i've never so much as posted a comment to art. wouldnt know him if he knocked on my front door.

I wouldn't know Hos either.... so, nah!

don't take me seriously riggo...... fun and games. have a little sense of humor!:)

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
riggo;1438814 said:
where in the world did i give you the impression that i thought you loved LA? anyway, arrington was cut cuz the coaches didnt want him anymore- it had nothing to do with salary.

the last thing i'm going to say about SD is this- if the guy went on to post 3 or 4 1400 yrd seasons for carolina, i might agree with you. but he didnt. he was banged up. he was done. i could care less who you replace him with- it wouldnt change the fact that he was done one year later. i know you are putting the 2 together- releasing him and who you replaced said washed up RB with, but i dont think they are the same issue. therefore, since he was done, letting him go at a time when it would have cost an arm and a leg to keep him was not a bad move, it was a great move.

geez- of all the skins bad moves, you want to talk about this?????
You didn't think I was going to miss the cheese did you? The butt stuff was more important.

:D

Riggo, I want to repeat one thing then draw a comparison and a metaphor. I honestly think not having a running game ruined a QB you spent a 1st round pick on and forced you to do it again just a couple of years later. It cost you a 2nd and the top CB in the game. The price of that one move has had aftershocks.

It's kind of an opposite of our Herschell Walker trade where we benefitted by making multiple trades and kept stocking up players.

That's all I'm saying. It had more far reaching effects than just the original quake. Does that clarify why I feel this way better?

riggo

Benched
Reaction score
Hostile;1439110 said:
You didn't think I was going to miss the cheese did you? The butt stuff was more important.

:D

Riggo, I want to repeat one thing then draw a comparison and a metaphor. I honestly think not having a running game ruined a QB you spent a 1st round pick on and forced you to do it again just a couple of years later. It cost you a 2nd and the top CB in the game. The price of that one move has had aftershocks.

It's kind of an opposite of our Herschell Walker trade where we benefitted by making multiple trades and kept stocking up players.

That's all I'm saying. It had more far reaching effects than just the original quake. Does that clarify why I feel this way better?

that actually is a little better. as far as champ, his play last year was by far the best of his career, IMO. he was ok here- sometimes really good, sometimes beaten like a drum, and he was not so good in year 2, i believe, in denver.

its easy to look at last year with champ playing well and portis hurt and say it was a bad trade. but, look at who denver just brought in to help out- another high priced CB. point is, a great CB is great. but a great RB is likely more valuable. at least in my opinion.

the broncos D was virtually identical statistically from 2003 to 2004. their running game took a step back. the skins D, on the other hand, improved dramatically both overall and pass D after champ left. springs, specifically, was very good til he got hurt last year. who benefitted more from the trade?

as far as ramsey, i think spurrier- a bad move, no doubt about it- ruined him.

i'll ask you this- if davis went on to carolina and never rushed for anywhere close to 1,000 yards, was it still a bad move for the skins? or are you still sticking to that point cuz he had one good year left?

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
riggo;1439141 said:
that actually is a little better. as far as champ, his play last year was by far the best of his career, IMO. he was ok here- sometimes really good, sometimes beaten like a drum, and he was not so good in year 2, i believe, in denver.

its easy to look at last year with champ playing well and portis hurt and say it was a bad trade. but, look at who denver just brought in to help out- another high priced CB. point is, a great CB is great. but a great RB is likely more valuable. at least in my opinion.

the broncos D was virtually identical statistically from 2003 to 2004. their running game took a step back. the skins D, on the other hand, improved dramatically both overall and pass D after champ left. springs, specifically, was very good til he got hurt last year. who benefitted more from the trade?

as far as ramsey, i think spurrier- a bad move, no doubt about it- ruined him.

i'll ask you this- if davis went on to carolina and never rushed for anywhere close to 1,000 yards, was it still a bad move for the skins? or are you still sticking to that point cuz he had one good year left?
Every CB has ups and downs. I liked Champ. Even more now. I would not have made that trade. You simply don't give up on a top 5 CB and throwing a 2nd round pick on top of it just makes me even more amazed.

A great RB is good. We rode TD and Emmitt so I know this. I'm sorry, but Portis is simply not great IMO and never has been. It was a bad move compounded by the high draft pick.

I don't blame Suprrier for ruining Ramsey so much as I blame you not having a running game. Look, you had a good O-line. Ramsey should have been able to stay upright. The problem was defenses knew you couldn't run and simply peeled their ears back and came full blast.

On Davis and Carolina, I can't sit here right now and say. I am speaking only about the impact his loss had on your team, not what he did in Carolina.

skinsscalper

Reaction score
Let me preface this post by saying I have since taken a shower (I just felt too dirty afterwards). But..........

I just spent about an hour perusing the internet joke known formally as Extremeskins.com. (looking at reaction to the Riggs rumor)

That ****hole is a psychologists playground. Now, not to say that we don't have a few gems here, of our own (no, I won't mention any names), but that place is a gold mine of blind homerism, stupidity, and immaturity sprinkled with a dash (well,maybe half a dash) of logic and level-headedness (I actually pity some of these guys. Not the kind of ptiy that you feel for a suffering puppy, mind you. But, the kind of pity you feel for a loud mouthed punk while watching him get the **** knocked out of him. Sorry that he's picking up his teeth, but knowing he got what he deserved.)

I just want to extend a thank you to the MODS of this place for NEVER letting this board reach that level of.............well...........pathetic.

SS

:star:

Vintage

The Cult of Jib
Reaction score
Thanks for this thread?

Edit: This reply was directed at the post above me, which SS made a new thread about. The mods merged it with this one.

superpunk

Reaction score
They're in meltdown stage right now.

Similar to what happens to us when free agency is going by, and we've made no signings...or coaches are available and we pass on Al Saunders and sign Chris Palmer....or when TO might sign....or when Parcells held us hostage...

It's fun to watch.

skinsscalper

Reaction score
Big Dakota;1439275 said:
So what's the concensus?

Most aren't a proponent, but there are always the few that defend EVERY move that the FO makes and drums it up as genius (yes, I'm aware that we also have a few of those).

For the most part they are tearing eachother limb from limb over the stupidity/genius of the move.

Funny stuff.

SS

:star:

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
superpunk;1439276 said:
They're in meltdown stage right now.

Similar to what happens to us when free agency is going by, and we've made no signings...or coaches are available and we pass on Al Saunders and sign Chris Palmer....or when TO might sign....or when Parcells held us hostage...

It's fun to watch.

us: "God Jerry, sign someone"

them: "OH NO! NOT AGAIN!"

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Art
Canidate doesn't need to have a single carry for Washington to improve our situation at running back as it relates to the offense. Losing Davis improved the team. Why? Because Davis was a presence that had to be catered to. Spurrier had to run things through him many times. And many times Davis' style was incapable of exploiting openings he had to exploit. Adding Canidate isn't what helps us. Removing Davis and allowing Spurrier the confidence to call HIS offense is what improves us. We're no longer tied to Davis or questions about him getting the ball. Spurrier builds in his playcalling using the same look to run various plays. With Davis he couldn't do that because Davis couldn't run a draw and was not good out of the backfield. Spurrier had to run a fairly traditional running game mixed with his passing game which limited the whole of the team.

Canidate is an ideal fit for this offense. This offense spreads the field and uses formationally created seams to exploit advantages. There were six-yard runs last season that Canidate might have gone 80 on. And that's the threat Spurrier needs. Spurrier needs a threat that forces safeties to respect the middle so he can attack other areas. Davis wasn't that threat. Teams could chase Davis down and Spurrier wasn't built to use Davis how he is great at being used.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art
Glover is an exceptional player, though, he's not a very good player when it comes to making plays when doubled. In fact, I'd rather have Noble on my team being doubled than Glover because you KNOW while Noble won't make a play, he also won't get knocked around. Glover does get pushed around when doubled.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Art
Woodson is in decline and when you break it down, he's never been a GREAT safety in coverage or even all that active in run support the last few years. ****, you put Sam Shade's career numbers up and you might think about picking him.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Art
It's no secret I'm not a fan of Ellis. Wynn is a more versatile player who slides into tackle for us and who is remarkably strong against the run. Ellis has accumulated very solid stats in tackles even in a system designed to allow the backers to make most of the plays. While that's to his credit, the fact is, I look at a lot of tackles by a defensive lineman as a nice stat like I look at a lot of passes defensed by a corner. It's great and all, but, the fact that they are so active means guys are going right at them a great deal of the time. Teams ran away from Wynn because there was so much more benefit to run at Smith or even Arrington when he was in there at end. Teams don't avoid Ellis. He makes plays, but he isn't a play maker. He and Wynn are both extremely marginal pass rushers.

:lmao: :lmao2: :lmao: :lmao2: :lmao: :lmao2: :lmao: :lmao2:

To answer the question, the worst move ever made by the Skins had to be associating professionally with the I.Q. void that is Extremeskins. Way to bring your organization (farther) down, Danny.

jackrussell

Last of the Duke Street Kings
Reaction score
Sorry I'm late on this one.....

My favorite Commander's mistake?

Their next one........and then the next one......and then the one after that.....

A gift that keeps on giving.

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
Tristan;1438260 said:
I don't know about favorite, but I'm sure as heck glad that they passed on Demarcus Ware and Shawn Merriman. Rogers is a good CB but I certainly don't fear him, It would sicken me to see a young dominant QB killer on the skins like Ware or Merriman.

Roger was god awful last year. And if you ask KC Joyner, he'll tell you he was one of the worst starting CB's in the league. I don't think drafting him 9th overall was all that proposterous since that's where most scouts had him going around. But they passed on two elite pass rushers for a guy who may have the bust label attached to come his 3rd season in the league.

YAKUZA

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
jackrussell;1439401 said:

Their next one........and then the next one......and then the one after that.....

:lmao2:

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Nice. I give you :clap: for that.

fanfromvirginia

Inconceivable!
Reaction score
Not a bad thread if I do say so myself.:)

I'm especially pleased Leotis popped his head in to brighten our day with his wisdom. And Art's Manifesto never fails to bring great joy.

What is the consensus? I've just finished reading through everything and have no idea. But it's been fun discussing it.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
YoMick;1438660 said:
My favorite Commander mistake is the one that allowed Rocket to get behind them and scored the winning TD... in overtime I believe?

can you say Heartbreaker!!!!!!!:skins:

I'm so late but I had to post in this awesome thread. I remember that moment like it was yesterday. ZZZZINNNGGG :lmao:

locked&loaded

Reaction score
HeavyHitta31;1438073 said:
Ok guys, I give you Art in all his "glory"

http://img405.*************/img405/2091/extreme2qc3.jpg

:lmao:

it would appear he is calling his mother for a ride home, so as he can get some sleep for his dungeon and dragons tournament in the morning.

the kid 05

Individuals play the game, but teams beat the odds
Reaction score

are you comparing the Washington Commanders to Herpes?