Your Favorite Commander Mistakes

riggo

Benched
Reaction score
hos, were just going to have to agree to disagree on davis. the skins got seven years out of him, which is about all you can expect out of a pounding RB. dallas fans may have reason to feel differently with emmitts long career, but thats the exception, not the rule.

i understand what youre trying to say about cause and effect and how one bad move can have a ripple effect.

the skins have a long list of bad moves and im just a critical about most of them as anyone. but the davis one aint one of them.

the fact that you said the skins had to 'sacrifice arrington' in order to pay to replace bailey tells me all i need to know.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
riggo;1438489 said:
hos, were just going to have to agree to disagree on davis. the skins got seven years out of him, which is about all you can expect out of a pounding RB. dallas fans may have reason to feel differently with emmitts long career, but thats the exception, not the rule.

i understand what youre trying to say about cause and effect and how one bad move can have a ripple effect.

the skins have a long list of bad moves and im just a critical about most of them as anyone. but the davis one aint one of them.

the fact that you said the skins had to 'sacrifice arrington' in order to pay to replace bailey tells me all i need to know.
Riggo, if you think I am saying Arrington was the be all, end all, by that then you're deluded. Check the threads when he was available. I didn't want him. Still don't. I'm simply saying that every season when you go on your spending sprees it's because you cut a high priced vet who had a front loaded signing bonus and free up cap room to do it over and over again.

Yes, 7 years is great, an 8th would have made a difference though. As I have already said, you'd have been better that year with him, than without him. By not being able to run the ball you probably ruined Patrick Ramsey who you spent a 1st round pick on. You left him too vulnerable. You probably could have drafted a RB to succeed him and not had to spend 50.5 large on Portis. Not saying he isn't good, but you paid too much for your whistle.

I just see that waiver and move to Trung Canidate as the first in a series of highly suspect moves. The vents that followed have kept you floating at or around mediocrity ever since because it was at this time that you started pissing away draft picks.

I don't know how you can separate the acquisition of Canidate from the waiver of Davis. That's voodoo economics thinking there Riggsy. It was a foolish move. Your running game was feared and suddenly it was laughable.

An absolutely horrible decision that has given me great joy over the years. Moreso because I tried in vain to explain that to so many of your fellow Skins fans when it was going down.

As I said, I know Trung Canidate personally. I cheered for him right here in college. Sat by him in Accounting and told jokes and swapped football stories. Nice guy, someone I'd call a casual friend. I can't say my casual friend could stand in Davis shadow. In fact, he couldn't. Your production in the running game dropped off the cliff without him.

When you have a fast horse, you don't swap him for a plow horse and keep on racing. That's what you tried to do. Bad move.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
One other mistake I would like to point out.

The thing is this mistake is not widely known because little Danny has plenty of money and pretty much covered up this snafu.

Very few people know about it or had a chance to buy the product before it was recalled however I have seen it listed on ebay twice.

So the story goes Little Danny wants to be a marketing genius for his team. No problem at all with that, only trying to better his team, the team image and of course a few dollars for his purse.

However he also remembers his days of a youth and carrying around his fonzie or joanie loves chachi school lunch box and his ego says he would love to have some products with his image on the box.

So Danny calls Bug Eyed Vinny into his office and charges him with the task to find a product that would be willing to put his face on the box.

Vinny goes about his task but finds that nobody really wants the picture of danny on the box except for one company but he is afraid to bring up the name to danny.

Finally Danny tells Vinny that he has had enough time to make a deal and he better have one. So Vinny swallows hard and says...Well there is one product that is interested but...before Vinny can finish Danny says make it happen.

Vinny says Sir it is a cleaning product but I should tell you that...once again Danny interrupts Vinny and says...I SAID MAKE IT HAPPEN.

So Vinny says yes Mr Burns..I mean yes Mr Snyder.

A week later Vinny with a look of terror on his face brings the product into danny's office but has it hid behind his back.

He clears his throat and says...Sir the product is here with your picture on it but I am a tad afraid to show you. Danny says...nonsense Vinny any product would be improved with my image on the box and it will sell more than ever. Let me see the box. Vinny says...sir I don't know I just...Danny blurts out...SMITHERS...I MEAN VINNY, SHOW ME THE BOX!!!!

Vinny pulls the box out and shows Danny who is shocked and angry. He orders Vinny to go around and find all of the boxes that have hit the shelf and also tells vinny to pay the company to quit using his image on their box.

As I said it is rare to find the product with his image on it but it has turned up a couple of times on ebay.

Danny&

:D

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt;1438539 said:
One other mistake I would like to point out.

The thing is this mistake is not widely known because little Danny has plenty of money and pretty much covered up this snafu.

Very few people know about it or had a chance to buy the product before it was recalled however I have seen it listed on ebay twice.

So the story goes Little Danny wants to be a marketing genius for his team. No problem at all with that, only trying to better his team, the team image and of course a few dollars for his purse.

However he also remembers his days of a youth and carrying around his fonzie or joanie loves chachi school lunch box and his ego says he would love to have some products with his image on the box.

So Danny calls Bug Eyed Vinny into his office and charges him with the task to find a product that would be willing to put his face on the box.

Vinny goes about his task but finds that nobody really wants the picture of danny on the box except for one company but he is afraid to bring up the name to danny.

Finally Danny tells Vinny that he has had enough time to make a deal and he better have one. So Vinny swallows hard and says...Well there is one product that is interested but...before Vinny can finish Danny says make it happen.

Vinny says Sir it is a cleaning product but I should tell you that...once again Danny interrupts Vinny and says...I SAID MAKE IT HAPPEN.

So Vinny says yes Mr Burns..I mean yes Mr Snyder.

A week later Vinny with a look of terror on his face brings the product into danny's office but has it hid behind his back.

He clears his throat and says...Sir the product is here with your picture on it but I am a tad afraid to show you. Danny says...nonsense Vinny any product would be improved with my image on the box and it will sell more than ever. Let me see the box. Vinny says...sir I don't know I just...Danny blurts out...SMITHERS...I MEAN VINNY, SHOW ME THE BOX!!!!

Vinny pulls the box out and shows Danny who is shocked and angry. He orders Vinny to go around and find all of the boxes that have hit the shelf and also tells vinny to pay the company to quit using his image on their box.

As I said it is rare to find the product with his image on it but it has turned up a couple of times on ebay.

Danny%20D.jpg
:laugh2: good stuff

dogunwo

Franchise Tagged
Reaction score
This is the ultimate thread to enjoy during these slow times. The funniest thing about their website is their "message to opposing fans", which basically states, we are allowed to be non-sensical jerks in here because we are Commanders fans, and you just deal with it, if you do the same, you will be booted.

I also lost alot of respect for their mods when they said "bubba" is not a homer and has vast football knowledge.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
dogunwo;1438599 said:
we are allowed to be non-sensical jerks in here because we are Commanders fans, and you just deal with it, if you do the same, you will be booted.

Yea ....... here everyone is allowed to be nonsensical jerks ...... thats how we roll.

:p:

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
dogunwo;1438599 said:
This is the ultimate thread to enjoy during these slow times. The funniest thing about their website is their "message to opposing fans", which basically states, we are allowed to be non-sensical jerks in here because we are Commanders fans, and you just deal with it, if you do the same, you will be booted.

I also lost alot of respect for their mods when they said "bubba" is not a homer and has vast football knowledge.

Someone said Bubba was not a homer?

Wow...I only go over there once in awhile now. Mostly when there is a signing or something.

But although I have ripped on Art, I believe the majority of his thing is just an act and joking around to get reactions. I have had brief talks with him in PM and he was a different person concerning some things and came across as a nice guy...I guess the net persona was on hold for our brief talk.

However Bubba, from what little I have seen, by far seems like a major homer and not just acting.

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
zrinkill;1438603 said:
Yea ....... here everyone is allowed to be nonsensical jerks ...... thats how we roll.

:p:

:laugh2: Somehow I feel guilty. :laugh2:

On a serious note...we tend to be more tolerant of other fans and give them more of a chance. However we have banned quite a few skins and eagles fans that just did not get it.

To be fair to ES. I think some of them are way over the line banning other fans but it is their board and they can run it how they like. I also know there are other fans that have been there for some time that have not been banned.

I am amazed I was not banned before because I will admit I would go there to bait art and others....and reeled him in like a fish I might add.:laugh2:

But at the end of the day, it is their board and they can do what they want with it, whether we feel it is fair or not.

dogunwo

Franchise Tagged
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt;1438615 said:
:laugh2: Somehow I feel guilty. :laugh2:

On a serious note...we tend to be more tolerant of other fans and give them more of a chance. However we have banned quite a few skins and eagles fans that just did not get it.

To be fair to ES. I think some of them are way over the line banning other fans but it is their board and they can run it how they like. I also know there are other fans that have been there for some time that have not been banned.

I am amazed I was not banned before because I will admit I would go there to bait art and others....and reeled him in like a fish I might add.:laugh2:

But at the end of the day, it is their board and they can do what they want with it, whether we feel it is fair or not.
Yes, it is their board and they can run it however they want. That doesnt mean they aren't imbeciles in how they do so.

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
dogunwo;1438621 said:
Yes, it is their board and they can run it however they want. That doesnt mean they aren't imbeciles in how they do so.

Well I never said I agree with it and I also said fair or NOT.

But I have no control over it.

I used to have fun going over there and playing.

Now I just go over to read or once in a great while post something.

Just not in the mood to cause trouble.

Plus I find it kind of sad when someone goes over there, does something to get banned (basically being a troll) and then runs over here to complain about it.

Trust me their are those that get banned because they were being trolls and then come here to play the victim.

Not saying ALL but have seen enough instances of it.

dffl11

Reaction score
dogunwo;1438599 said:

right...i mean he is the biggest homer of them all, and thats saying alot, yet they come out anddefend his "vast football knowledge".....they are all nuts!

Arch Stanton

it was the grave marked unknown right beside
Reaction score
silverbear;1438436 said:
You might want to copy and paste these pics, for those of us who have either been banned over there, or wouldn't sign up for that pitiful excuse for a website if they were paying people for registering...

I fall into the latter category, though if I ever had been so stupid as to sign up over there, I would certainly have fallen into the former within a week of registering... LOL...

They've been posted.