Your Favorite Commander Mistakes

dogunwo

Franchise Tagged
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt;1438630 said:
Well I never said I agree with it and I also said fair or NOT.

But I have no control over it.

I used to have fun going over there and playing.

Now I just go over to read or once in a great while post something.

Just not in the mood to cause trouble.

Plus I find it kind of sad when someone goes over there, does something to get banned (basically being a troll) and then runs over here to complain about it.

Trust me their are those that get banned because they were being trolls and then come here to play the victim.

Not saying ALL but have seen enough instances of it.
Yeah, I know what you mean. I have had a "membership" over there for quite some time now, but have only 3 or 4 posts. I mainly go over their to gauge the mood of the fans about their teams roster moves.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
My favorite Commander mistake is the one that allowed Rocket to get behind them and scored the winning TD... in overtime I believe?

can you say Heartbreaker!!!!!!!:skins:

adamknite

Reaction score
YoMick;1438660 said:
My favorite Commander mistake is the one that allowed Rocket to get behind them and scored the winning TD... in overtime I believe?

can you say Heartbreaker!!!!!!!:skins:

yes i can, I believe I learned how when Moss got behind our us twice on the day we inducted the triplets into the ring of honor. Their entire offense that day were those 2 plays.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
adamknite;1438671 said:
yes i can, I believe I learned how when Moss got behind our us twice on the day we inducted the triplets into the ring of honor. Their entire offense that day were those 2 plays.

Well now... the thread was about the "Commanders..."

I have a whole library of "OUR" mistakes and heartbreakers.... LOL

DanTanna

Original Zone Member
Reaction score
My favorite Commander mistake was when that OL missed his block years ago!

:lmao2:

AtlCB

Reaction score
The Spurrier mistake was hilarious. Everyone except Commanders fans thought this move was a mistake. :lmao:

Letting Davis go wasn't real bright either. :lmao2:

You also have to like the deal they gave Archuletta and what they gave up to get Duckett. :lmao2:

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Other than the fact that they simply exist. Well, that may be a good thing, simply for our amusement.
Don't forget when the signed brandon Noble from us, thinking it would hurt us and help them, then he blows out a knee, I think it was.

Charles

Benched
Reaction score
Hostile;1438402 said:
What you don't understand Riggo, is a little game called cause and effect.

Now, you guys are always saying you don't have salary cap issues, but you do. You've just acknowledged it. Or can you not see it? You couldn't restructure Davis' deal, so you had to get rid of him. The question I asked and you seem to not be able to answer is about keeping him would you have been better in 2003?

You see, for you, it's about Trung Canidate and him alone. Hey I get that. 1 rushing TD by your lead RB is not much to smile about. I tried to tell several of your fans when it went down. Your better move was to hang onto Davis. But you couldn't. Not wouldn't. Couldn't.

What happened because of it? Well let's see, 6 different QBs threw passes for you in 2003 and you fell from 7-9 to 5-11. That's called a cause and effect. You see, Art was telling me it was addition by subtraction and you have basically ratified that theory. The only problem is, it's wrong. it was subtraction by subtraction.

Please don't try and tell me that Davis' injury in 2004 was forseeable. I'm not stupid. Okay? So while you sit there and chirp one more good year at least have the huevos to admit what caused only one more good year.

So, let's continue with the lesson (cause and effect) shall we? 2003 your running game sucked. Have to fix it for 2004. How did you fix it? Through the Draft? No, you traded for Clinton Portis and made him the highest paid RB in the league. But that wasn't the only price you paid now was it? Come on. It also cost you the top CB on your team and a 2nd round Draft pick. A RB you could have targeted in that draft was Stephen Jackson. Let's look at Jackson side by side with Portis. Virtually dead even in yards and TDs, but he didn't cost a top CB and 50 million dollars. Who has more upside? Who would you gamble on right now for the future? Even without the shoulder injury for Portis I'd take Jackson.

These are called ripples. It's like when you drop a pebble in the water. Just a splash and the pebble is gone, but the ripples go on and on and on. In effect you were still paying for not being able to keep Davis.

So you lost out on Bailey. Got to replace him. In order to do that must sacrifice Arrington. So now let's reach in the Draft, make another bad trade and take McIntosh. But don't play McIntosh.

Do you see what I'm getting at Riggo? Your team is acting like the Little Dutch Boy who plugs the dike with his finger and more and more holes keep popping up and you're running out of fingers. Color it any way you want to. Try and justify it until you really are burgandy. It's still plugging one hole and thinking that the other one that opens up isn't going to be an issue. Then when it is an issue, simply do it again.

Portis gets hurt, waste 2 draft picks on Duckett. You may only see the Portis injury Riggo. I don't. I see Trung Canidate and this silly addition by subtraction theory.

It's a good thing for you you're not a fish. They're dangling a worm on a hook in front of you buddy.

Psst...don't eat the worm. Not even when I make it obvious that's what I'm baiting you to do. Hook, line, and sinker Riggo. You just got reeled in.

You need to stop Hostile:lmao2:

How about the Cause and effect of not resigning S Ryan Clark :lmao2:

riggo

Benched
Reaction score
Hostile;1438521 said:
Riggo, if you think I am saying Arrington was the be all, end all, by that then you're deluded. Check the threads when he was available. I didn't want him. Still don't. I'm simply saying that every season when you go on your spending sprees it's because you cut a high priced vet who had a front loaded signing bonus and free up cap room to do it over and over again.

where in the world did i give you the impression that i thought you loved LA? anyway, arrington was cut cuz the coaches didnt want him anymore- it had nothing to do with salary.

the last thing i'm going to say about SD is this- if the guy went on to post 3 or 4 1400 yrd seasons for carolina, i might agree with you. but he didnt. he was banged up. he was done. i could care less who you replace him with- it wouldnt change the fact that he was done one year later. i know you are putting the 2 together- releasing him and who you replaced said washed up RB with, but i dont think they are the same issue. therefore, since he was done, letting him go at a time when it would have cost an arm and a leg to keep him was not a bad move, it was a great move.

geez- of all the skins bad moves, you want to talk about this?????

21JJ21

Reaction score
mmm david patten, lavar arrington, brandon lloyd for 2 picks.....mmm Archuleta haha

almost every move

1fisher

Reaction score
riggo;1438814 said:
where in the world did i give you the impression that i thought you loved LA? anyway, arrington was cut cuz the coaches didnt want him anymore- it had nothing to do with salary.

the last thing i'm going to say about SD is this- if the guy went on to post 3 or 4 1400 yrd seasons for carolina, i might agree with you. but he didnt. he was banged up. he was done. i could care less who you replace him with- it wouldnt change the fact that he was done one year later. i know you are putting the 2 together- releasing him and who you replaced said washed up RB with, but i dont think they are the same issue. therefore, since he was done, letting him go at a time when it would have cost an arm and a leg to keep him was not a bad move, it was a great move.

geez- of all the skins bad moves, you want to talk about this?????

.......and you keep fanning the flames......... and get burned!:D

riggo

Benched
Reaction score
1fisher;1438935 said:
.......and you keep fanning the flames......... and get burned!:D

:rolleyes: you'd be alot easier to understand if you got your lips off of hostiles behind.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
riggo;1438978 said:
:rolleyes: you'd be alot easier to understand if you got your lips off of hostiles behind.

Those must be some BIG Lips. :laugh2: :laugh1:

riggo

Benched
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt;1439005 said:

now, thats funny! glad to see some people here with a sense of humor ;)

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
riggo;1438978 said:

BrAinPaiNt;1439005 said:
Ya'll need to quit worrying about my behind. Oh who am I kidding? I'm flattered.

Another peak guys?

:moon:

1fisher

Reaction score
riggo;1438978 said:

and your lips are firmly placed on Art's butt I suspect! That's the ES way!:D

1fisher

Reaction score
riggo;1439036 said:
now, thats funny! glad to see some people here with a sense of humor ;)

I actually laughed when I read you intitial comment so I do have a sense of humor!

I don't let this MB stuff get to me...... It's all about having fun!:cool:

riggo

Benched
Reaction score
1fisher;1439060 said:
and your lips are firmly placed on Art's butt I suspect! That's the ES way!:D

ahhh...see? there ya go. i've never so much as posted a comment to art. wouldnt know him if he knocked on my front door.

riggo

Benched
Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;1439071 said:
the Commanders suck and are about to trade for Lance Briggs

laugh it up :D

ya, i'm not sure how i feel about that one. i can only hope unlike last year that they got this one right.

helluva linebacking corps, though. or so it would appear.