Your Favorite Pink Floyd Song

JIMMYBUFFETT

Skinwalker
Reaction score
I did one of these not so long ago with Metallica. It's hard to find universally liked bands that nearly everybody can get in to. I think Pink Floyd is one of those bands. Dark Side Of The Moon alone was on the Billboard 200 for an astonishing 741 weeks from 1973-1988 and I don't even know that it's there best album. I'll pick my favorite from that very album though.

Time

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I love almost everything of theirs, but to choose a favorite would depend on my mood. If I'm in the dark with headphones on, Eclipse would probably be the one.

Driving down the road, maybe One of My Turns.

Hanging with friends at a party, The Trial is my choice, just because it's fun.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
Time.

I put this on one time after watching The Ring in the theaters with my then wife, who hated scary movies, and she almost jumped out of the car. LOL (to her Pink Floyd was "scary music" whatever the **** that means)

Money, Mother, and Another Brick in the Wall pt 2 are also amazing. Like OP said, everything by them is fantastic.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
I love almost everything of theirs, but to choose a favorite would depend on my mood. If I'm in the dark with headphones on, Eclipse would probably be the one.

Driving down the road, maybe One of My Turns.

Hanging with friends at a party, The Trial is my choice, just because it's fun.
Their music is MADE for headphones, brudda. And it's crazy they reached the sound they did, that is so perfect for headphones, 2-3 decades before headphones were a thing.

Masters.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Their music is MADE for headphones, brudda. And it's crazy they reached the sound they did, that is so perfect for headphones, 2-3 decades before headphones were a thing.

Masters.
Absolutely! People say, "So and so's music changed my life." and it sounds like a hugely overdramatic statement, but when I was a teenager, listening to Dark Side of the Moon, though headphones in the dark (or with a blacklight), it absolutely changed my perception of music,and what it could be and do.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Time.

I put this on one time after watching The Ring in the theaters with my then wife, who hated scary movies, and she almost jumped out of the car. LOL (to her Pink Floyd was "scary music" whatever the **** that means)

Money, Mother, and Another Brick in the Wall pt 2 are also amazing. Like OP said, everything by them is fantastic.

I think the beginning of Time startled the Hell out of her, like 30 alarm clocks going off at once! Lol

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
A couple weeks after I moved to Italy in July 1989, Pink Floyd had a free concert in Venice. We were only about an hour train ride away so we went. We did our best to make it to St. Marks Square in order to watch, but we got nowhere close. The city was flooded with people from all around Europe. But it was still cool to try.

GMO415

Reaction score
I did one of these not so long ago with Metallica. It's hard to find universally liked bands that nearly everybody can get in to. I think Pink Floyd is one of those bands. Dark Side Of The Moon alone was on the Billboard 200 for an astonishing 741 weeks from 1973-1988 and I don't even know that it's there best album. I'll pick my favorite from that very album though.

Time
Jimmy your avatar is awesome! Hahaha