DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeagermeister;4612012 said:
:eek:hno: who me?

:devil:

If you ever see it on one of the cable channels where they have to change the curse words watch it. Its hilarious to see how they change Sam's dialogue. :laugh1:
Lips moving/different words. I know what you mean. Caught some of Live Free Die Hard last night on FX. It's almost as funny when the censors do it to Bruce Willis. :)

wittenacious

Reaction score
Commented about Jaws before, but forgot to answer: favorite movie that takes place during the summer? Can't pick just one.

American Graffiti
Jaws
National Lampoon's Vacation
Stand By Me
The Sandlot (Hos said it first, but what a great movie. Loved it! Still rewatch it when the mood strikes.)
Independence Day

All good for different reasons. I'm sure I'm leaving out a bunch of other "set in summer" favorites. A lot of Summer Movie Release favorites come to mind, I just don't know if their stories were set in summer, for sure.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
DallasEast;4612017 said:
Lips moving/different words. I know what you mean. Caught some of Live Free Die Hard last night on FX. It's almost as funny when the censors do it to Bruce Willis. :)

I can't watch that one. The whole jet on the overpass scene is terrible.

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Easy...............JAWS.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
wittenacious;4612023 said:
Commented about Jaws before, but forgot to answer: favorite movie that takes place during the summer? Can't pick just one.

American Graffiti
Jaws
National Lampoon's Vacation
Stand By Me
The Sandlot (Hos said it first, but what a great movie. Loved it! Still rewatch it when the mood strikes.)
Independence Day

All good for different reasons. I'm sure I'm leaving out a bunch of other "set in summer" favorites. A lot of Summer Movie Release favorites come to mind, I just don't know if their stories were set in summer, for sure.

That's a terrific list.

Love "American Graffiti".

I think just about every kid (male) can relate to "Stand By Me" to one degree or another.

Dodger

Indomitable
Reaction score
CoCo;4611979 said:
Sorry. Star Wars and Star Trek II don't qualify. ;)
Lol...oops, misread that. Though it did take place during the summer for me.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
John Cusack and Patrick Dempsey made the best summer-time movies IMO.

Dempsey:
Can't buy me love
Loverboy-my favorite by far
Brighton beach memoirs

Cusack:
Better off dead-another great one
The sure thing
One crazy summer
Sixteen Candles
Say anything

They both went on to make many more good movies, but these early ones were at the time I was growing up, so many, many good memories.

If anyone has not seen Loverboy, I highly reccommend finding it and watching, it really is a good old 80's comedy, well worth the time. And add Better off Dead to that list.

To add, there is a very early Tom Cruise film (1983) called Losin It. It is about 4 guys going to Tijuana to lose their virginity. An entertaining movie I have been trying to find for awhile now.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
dexternjack;4612101 said:

Dempsey:
Can't buy me love
Loverboy-my favorite by far
Brighton beach memoirs

Cusack:
Better off dead-another great one
The sure thing
One crazy summer
Sixteen Candles
Say anything

They both went on to make many more good movies, but these early ones were at the time I was growing up, so many, many good memories.

If anyone has not seen Loverboy, I highly reccommend finding it and watching, it really is a good old 80's comedy, well worth the time. And add Better off Dead to that list.

To add, there is a very early Tom Cruise film (1983) called Losin It. It is about 4 guys going to Tijuana to lose their virginity. An entertaining movie I have been trying to find for awhile now.

I want my two dollars!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :laugh1:

JD_KaPow

jimnabby
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
dexternjack;4612101 said:

The sure thing
The Sure Thing was set in the middle of winter. So was Better Off Dead, come to think of it. Great movies, though.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
DallasEast;4612017 said:

That was the studio that did it to Bruce, not the censors :)

lane

The Chairman
Reaction score
jaws

urban cowboy

deliverance

caddyshack

friday the 13th

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
jimnabby;4612190 said:
The Sure Thing was set in the middle of winter. So was Better Off Dead, come to think of it. Great movies, though.
True, but I cant mention those two guys w/o those movies :)

bsheeern

Reaction score
Ernest Goes To Camp
Sandlot
Mac and Me
National Lampoons (Summer and Vegas) Vacations

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
I really remember Jaws and Star Wars. I also remember the Guns of Navarone, Mutiny on the Bounty, and The Ten Commandments. Of course we went Saturday mornings in the summer to see Tarzan movies.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
While it doesn't get a lot of respect from horror movie fans, Stephen King's "Night Shift" is set in the summer and is a pretty good horror film IMO.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I would have to call "Cool Hand Luke" a summer film.

And a good summer film at that.