Your Favorite Teacher

CowboyMcCoy

Business is a Boomin
Reaction score
Alumni2k11;4524501 said:
Dr. Long. Freshman year of college, English Composition. He made his class much more difficult than need be, but it really paid off in every class I took after. Plus he's the one who burned the motto in my head, "Challenge everything."

Jerome Bump did that for me. Gosh, his classes were brutally tough with workload, but it seemed like everything thereafter was a piece of cake. I didn't take him for freshman year, rather for some of my sophomore and Jr. year upper division lit classes.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Mr. Dawkins my HIstory teacher from my Junior year in high school. He doubled as an asst football coach. During football season we would watch game film instead of doing our studies on Monday after each win. We went undefeated and won the state champion that year.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I actually liked most of my teachers...but a couple HS teachers and one middle school teachers stand out the most.

Mrs. Dillingham - 8th grade English teacher who encouraged my love for writing. With her and a couple other magnet classes guided me towards career options with writing.

Mr. Holmes - Senior math teacher - He gifted me with a C in pre-calculus so I could graduate. I had senioritis, but I always went to his class. I just couldn't understand it even though I'd get it right with the homework and suck on the tests.

Mrs. Marcos - Senior French teacher - She might fall in the "bad" teacher bucket, but I loved the fact she let me drive her car for lunch, as long as I brought her back something. lol That continued until someone told the principal.

Mrs. Jones - Freshman/Senior English teacher - She wasn't my favorite, but I loved her. She spoke so real to you, at all times.