Your favorite TV series?

Alumni2k11

Old Dominion University (Class of 2011)
Reaction score
What are some of your guys favorite TV series of all time? I just got all the sopranos, about to check those out. Thinking about getting the deadwood series too.

daschoo

Slanje Va
Reaction score
24, the wire, spooks, blackadder are the ones that immediately sprung to mind

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
Dexter, Damages. Weeds, Fringe, House, Mad Men, Breaking Bad, Friday Night Lights and Greys Anatomy (Yes, guilty pleasure) are the currently airing series that I watch regularly.

As far as canceled shows go, it'd be hard to remember them all but I was utterly addicted to Battlestar Galactica.

63echo

Reaction score
The Wire was as close to life-changing television as there ever has been. Just an incredible series. I Netflix'd the whole thing and as soon as I finished I went and bought the box set. Highly recommended.

There's a poster or two here from Baltimore. I'd love to get their take on the series if they've watched it.

I also liked Modern Family. I thought it was one of the funnier sitcoms out there, and having Sofia Vergara in a major role definitely doesn't hurt things.

Also, Curb Your Enthusiam is one of my favorite shows right now. It's like a cruder Seinfeld and Larry David is just uncomfortably funny.

ajk23az

Through Pain Comes Clarity
Reaction score
Chuck, Dexter, That 70s Show, and Californication are some of my faves.

Dallas

Old bulletproof tiger
Reaction score
TheCount;3722330 said:
Dexter, Damages. Weeds, Fringe, House, Mad Men, Breaking Bad, Friday Night Lights and Greys Anatomy (Yes, guilty pleasure) are the currently airing series that I watch regularly.

As far as canceled shows go, it'd be hard to remember them all but I was utterly addicted to Battlestar Galactica.

You know Grace Anatomy is a great show. Friend of mine (girl) got me into this show. Im a HUGE fan of HOUSE and she figured I would enjoy GA.

Im glad I checked it out. Very cool series.

Phoenix

Reaction score
X-Files, Star Trek The Next Generation, 24, Lost, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Odyssey 5, M*A*S*H, Married with Children, (gulp) Charmed all come to mind.

Currently, The Walking Dead (new ep. tonight!), The Event.

xout

Believer
Reaction score
Finished: Lost, 24, The X-Files, Jericho, Malcom in the Middle.

Still going: Dexter, Mad Men, Fringe, The Office, It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, V.

In that order.

EDIT: As for a another comedy, I love The Middle. Brick cracks me up.

mldardy

Reaction score
The Wire, The Shield, Breaking Bad, The Sopranos, Mad Men, Six Feet Under, Curb Your Enthusiasm.

CowboyMcCoy

Business is a Boomin
Reaction score
By a long shot it has to be Boston Legal, which doesn't play any longer. But if you watch that series from Beginning to end you will laugh your head off and come away a different person. It's funny, but it has some nice twists and sentimental elements in there as well.

Oh, and the court arguments are great. Although it's nothing like you see in real courtrooms, some of the stuff they say in the arguments is down right amusing and sometimes it really hits a spot and makes you think.

It's probably the most engaging, well-casted and best executed television series I've ever taken the time to watch.

-------

Another one I don't mind watching is House. But the depiction of Dr. House as a crabass character and how it always comes back to him and some miracle diagnosis is overly Hollywoodized for me.

Faerluna

I'm Complicated
Reaction score
The Wire, The West Wing, M*A*S*H*, NCIS, The Good Wife, House, Deadliest Catch, American Pickers

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
The Wire
Sopranos (except the ending :mad: )
Deadwood
Breaking Bad
Cosby
Cheers
Prison Break
House
Bones
Chuck
All three CSI's
Deadliest Catch
Battlestar Galatica
Sons of Anarchy
Oz
Star Trek (all of them except Enterprise)
M*A*S*H*
Dexter

TheCowboy

Reaction score
The Simpsons
Man vs. Food
Bizzare Foods w/ Andrew Zimmern
Cops
Police Women of ..... Series
Playstation Network's The Tester

JohnnyTheFox

Achilleslastand
Reaction score
All in the family and sanford and son. Of course in the PC world we live in today neither of these would be given the light of day.

Faerluna

I'm Complicated
Reaction score
Yeagermeister;3722528 said:
The Wire
Sopranos (except the ending :mad: )
Deadwood
Breaking Bad
Cosby
Cheers
Prison Break
House
Bones
Chuck
All three CSI's
Deadliest Catch
Battlestar Galatica
Sons of Anarchy
Oz
Star Trek (all of them except Enterprise)
M*A*S*H*
Dexter

How could I forget Star Trek?! But I did like Enterprise. :p:

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
Christmas came early for me this year

161002-1.jpg

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Right now im liking Community, The Office, Outsourced, and IT's always Sunny.

Thursday night TV FTW.