Pawn Stars
Boardwalk Empire
South Park
The Simpsons

MonsterD

Quota outta absentia
Reaction score
burmafrd;3723260 said:
The episode "Inner Light" was great on TNG. But my all time favorite was "Yesterday's Enterprise". "All Good Things" was a good way to end it. "The Best of Both Worlds" to me is where the series really hit stride.

Inner Light was my fave, it completely had me involved in the story instead of analyzing the variables like almost all other episodes. I remember after that episode just thinking how amazing a departure it was.

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
The Wire is at the top of my list. Never really got old or 'jumped the shark.' Some really deep stuff and the only TV series that I've ever watched that came off more like a great novel than a TV series. The Sopranos completely jumped the shark after awhile. They just couldn't get around the dream sequence part and the episodes became disconnected and they started to get away from their original formula. The Shield was better in the end than the Sopranos IMO, although it was tough to watch the Strike Team turn into what they turned into. That's what made the show fun and interesting to watch. I don't think it made the show 'jump the shark', but it did become less fun to watch. Oz was a bit weird. The production values could be so bad that they were completely hokey, but it was such a crazy show early on that it kept me following the show. Then as we became calloused to the craziness of the show, the show's writing stepped it up noticeably and it was truly a great show to watch...a lot more substance than shock and awe. But once Adibisi was killed, the show went downhill and we were no longer shocked by what we saw.

Some current shows that I watch

Disappeared - This is extremely well done. It's about real life cases of people that disappeared and the circumstances dealing with their disappearance. It's strongest feature is that they know what stories to tell. Most stories are still mysteries as to what happened to the person. Some stories they have a pretty good idea what happened to the person (either they were killed or even more interesting, they willfully disappeared) and they have some stories where they show the outcome. Just a well rounded way to do a show like this.

I Shouldn't Be Alive - I'm not sure if this is on anymore as I watch it on Animal Planet sometimes. A show about real life instances where people 'shouldn't be alive.' Just a great show.

Pawn Stars - If you like neat, old stuff, this is the show for you.

Other than that, I really don't watch much TV these days.

YR

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Yakuza Rich;3724630 said:
Pawn Stars - If you like neat, old stuff, this is the show for you.

I watched this a few times and really enjoyed it. After I had seen it about five times though, it seemed like I was almost watching the same show over and over again. I just stopped watching it after that.

It was the same thing with that show where those guys run around digging through peoples junk piles to resell stuff. That was fun to watch the first few times, then it got old quick.

Payton34Smith22

Reaction score
The Sopranos
Curb Your Enthusiasm
Seinfeld
The Office
Trailer Park Boys
Ren and Stimpy
Boardwalk Empire
Spartacus
Sons of Anarchy
Modern Family
Family Guy

Concord

Mr. Buckeye
Reaction score
Andy-Griffith-Show.jpg

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
Faerluna;3722518 said:
The Wire, The West Wing, M*A*S*H*, NCIS, The Good Wife, House, Deadliest Catch, American Pickers

Finally, somebody mentions my favorite... IMO, NCIS is by far the best series on television right now... the cast is quirky, one of the best ensembles I've seen in a while...

the kid 05

Individuals play the game, but teams beat the odds
Reaction score
South Park, Sons of Anarchy, The Unit, Manswers, NCSI, NCSI: LA, Law and Order: SVU, Futurama, Pinks

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Chief;3724120 said:
Hey my friend. I don't remember The Untouchables series. The movie, however, is one of my favorites.

High Chaparral was my favorite Western. It was overshadowed by Gunsmoke, The Big Valley, Laredo and Bonanza.

They filmed it at Old Tucson studios and I visited the ranch house a few years ago.

Did you really? I wouldn't have minded doing that. Sounds like a blast.

Yeah, when I was a young kid, they used to show the Untouchables. Here's the Youtube clip of the start and a Promo Shot. One of my favorites as a kid.

[youtube]VJF3e_0XTdc&feature=related[/youtube]

1267320303_THE_UNTOUCHABLES_TV_1959_Season_1_Vol_1_Disc_2.jpg