Your nightmare first three rounds....

Verdict

Reaction score
If we just want purely pass rush out of a defensive end I would take a flier on Stryker from OU later in the draft. He wouldn't be an every down player, but would be a dagger in the heart on obvious passing downs. He is a demon on the edge. He just has to bulk up some and would probably have to play special teams well to lock down a roster spot initially. But I think he would excel at both.

CowboyChris

Reaction score
Give me your first three rounds that would be absolute worst case scenario. Keep it realistic. Make it players that at least figure at those spots. This is about the players the Cowboys could actually pick at those spots but you think are the wrong players to select. Like F grade wrong.

Here's mine. Expect a bit of a board war as Reality divvies up the likes I leave behind should this occur.

1(4) Jalen Ramsey CB Florida St.
2(34) Derrick Henry RB Alabama
3(67) Dak Prescott QB Mississippi St.

our front office would take that in a heartbeat.

pacy

82 WITTEN 82
Reaction score
I have a hard time calling getting the best player in the draft a disaster, whether it's a need or not.

We had to be realistic with our picks. So in the first round Wentz, Zeke, Ramsey, Goff, Buckner, Jack, heck even Bosa (fills a great need), they all would be a better pick than Tunsil. So yes, Tunsil is maybe the best player in the draft, but in this scenario definitely the worst pick.

Plankton

Reaction score
1. Vernon Hargreaves (based on Ramsey going earlier)
2. Connor Cook
3. Bronson Kaufusi

conner01

Reaction score
Give me your first three rounds that would be absolute worst case scenario. Keep it realistic. Make it players that at least figure at those spots. This is about the players the Cowboys could actually pick at those spots but you think are the wrong players to select. Like F grade wrong.

Here's mine. Expect a bit of a board war as Reality divvies up the likes I leave behind should this occur.

1(4) Jalen Ramsey Safety Florida St.
Fixed it. It I thought he was an elite CB I wouldn't mind picking him but haven't seen many of the so called experts even list him as a CB
Don't hate Henry but with Morris I think a more dynamic RB would be a better pick and could be had later
Prescott to me is a wasted pick

manster4ever

Reaction score

Pretty close to mine:

Bosa
Henry
Prescott

cowboyschmps3

Reaction score

Really like those 3. No nightmare lol

Cowboy06

Professional Positive Naysayer
Reaction score

Man I could live with the first two...but I'd like to trade down in the 3rd and the 4th and start getting players that have fallen due to the draft and not just issues. We have lots of needs. In fact I see the trade down happening in the 2nd round if they don't reach for Connor Cook.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
Anything that has Dak Bosa would be a complete failure of a draft to go along with the complete failure of an offseason

SilverStarCowboy

The Actualist
Reaction score

Not so bad just because Dak is a stretch nuts pick, but that's how to lead blind sheep off the cliff ignorance personified, which should land some extras likes for Kid Facebook. Meanwhile, for the record, I luvz me sum Ramsey and Henry.

Last edited:

CowboyChris

Reaction score
1) Trade up to #1 overall and draft Goff
2) Traded away
3) Traded away

let me correct this for you, so Risen can crown your post as the worst.

1. moments before the draft starts, Jerry gets wind that Cleveland is to talking Ramsey's agent, so Dallas trades up with Tennessee. and takes Ramsey
2) Traded away
3) Traded away

LocimusPrime

Reaction score
Nightmare
1. Hunter Henry
2. Nick Vannett
3. Bryce williams.

The obsession w tight ends continue

texbumthelife

Reaction score
We had to be realistic with our picks. So in the first round Wentz, Zeke, Ramsey, Goff, Buckner, Jack, heck even Bosa (fills a great need), they all would be a better pick than Tunsil. So yes, Tunsil is maybe the best player in the draft, but in this scenario definitely the worst pick.

Sorry, I just can't agree with that. RT is just as much a weakness as just about any position on this team right now and has potentially even less depth. You plug in Tunsil as a starter day one and in the event you lose one of the other big names along the OL to free agency, you'll still have a few years of Tunsil on a rookie deal.

Drafting purely for need will leave you with a talent devoid roster with no depth that can't compete.