Your perception of the odds that Dak wins a Super Bowl

TheSport78

The Excellence of Execution
Reaction score
Worse QB's have won a SuperBowl

I would say ...... 1 in 10
Yes, either with historic defenses or insane playoff runs (Flaaco, Eli). Dakota has shown nothing in the playoffs to think he'll all of a sudden become this amazing under-pressure QB. He's mid and done.

Acceptablename

Reaction score
How likely do you believe it is that Dak wins a Super Bowl in his career (as stated in a percentage)

Based on Dak’s rookie year, I would have guessed 60/40 in favor of Dak winning a SB.

Currently, I would put Dak’s odds at winning a SB at about 8 percent. In order for that to happen the team has to carry Dak and his heavy contract to a SB win, or Dak has to catch lightning in a bottle for 4 games (like Eli Manning).

Speak your mind, but let’s keep it civil and courteous. Thanks in advance.
I don’t expect DAK to ever win a Super Bowl but he will be paid huge money. They bet on the wrong horse

Verdict

Reaction score
If it doesn't happen in the next two years, I don't think it happens. Dallas moves on.
I have a feeling you might be on to something there. I think that the Cowboys organization are going to try really hard to put Dak in position to win a SB in the next two seasons.

I think you will see the team put tools around Dak in an effort to put the team over the top. McCarthy taking over play calling is part of that.

The team hasn’t extended Dak. I don’t know if the Cowboys will force a pick on a QB to push Dak, but I do think if the Cowboys see what they have graded as a legitimate potential franchise QB that they will not hesitate to pull the trigger. That might be in the first round or maybe even a slight trade up if they really believe that is THE MAN.

In that scenario it will put pressure on Dak to put up or shut up in terms of winning a SB. A player either rises to the occasion or wilts under pressure. And Rush isn’t a factor in that regard.

I truly believe this is on the table and on the radar. The question is whether or not the opportunity arises in terms of the right player being within reach.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
Yes, either with historic defenses or insane playoff runs (Flaaco, Eli). Dakota has shown nothing in the playoffs to think he'll all of a sudden become this amazing under-pressure QB. He's mid and done.
Ok

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
How likely do you believe it is that Dak wins a Super Bowl in his career (as stated in a percentage)
200.gif

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
At this point, 10%. As soon as he gets the Cowboys to the championship game things may change for his confidence. As long as Dak keeps letting Mr. Irrelevant picks like Brock P. # 262 beat you, we have issues...........Mahomes, Stafford, Brady, Mahomes, Foles, Brady, Manning, Brady.........Yeah, nothing to do with QB. Before you laugh at Foles, he somehow threw for roughly 800 yards and 7 TD's in the championship and Super Bowl against the #1 defense and # 6 ranked. and MVP in the Superbowl! Absolutely nothing to do with the QB. ( unless you want Dak to fit your narratve)
LOL.....so Dak let Purdy beat us?

Just shows how much you dont understand football right there.

Dak isnt on the field when Purdy plays.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Highly unlikely as in 15%. Two reasons, he’s regressed some and the Cowboys have only had two QBs in their entire history win a Super Bowl. The odds are not in his favor.

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
I don't know. Maybe 1 in 20 on the low end. Possibly all the way up to like a 5% chance.

That said, on the 5% chance he DOES win a Superbowl, I think there's a 50% chance it's with another team.

TheCoolFan

Reaction score
Very low chance at this point in his career as a starter here based on history. There is a 5-year window for starting QBs on the same team - the majority of QBs in the last 30 years have won a championship within their first 5 years starting. The John Elway experience where you finally get over the hump after years (or over a decade) are not common.

If he were to go to another team, his odds would actually be better because then the 5-year window would restart.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Think about it...

Had Dak had more than 1 good WR and RB, plus had the Oline stayed healthy and faired better at pass protection and short yardage runs (plus offensively way better passing schemes and routes), this Offense could have beat the 49ers in the Divisional Round of the playoffs, thus advanced to meet the Eagles in the NFC Conference Championship Game and had a very good chance to beat the Eagles to advance to the Super Bowl.

If the Cowboys can improve the passing game scheme, routes, WR weapons, Oline and RB crew, Dak and the Cowboys seriously improve their odds of making it to a Super Bowl and possibly winning.

I'd say 50/50 chance of winning one if these things offensively get fixed. It's obvious the Cowboys feel the same way by having fired O-Coordinator Kellen Moore, Oline coach Joe Philbin, RBs coach Skip Peete and several others. They recently signed veteran WR Brandin Cooks, and they are likely to target WR early in this year's Draft as well. Zeke got cut, so you know the Cowboys will seek to draft a RB early in the draft as well. The Oline is being reshuffled a little, especially at the backup positions, along with having signed another solid backup Olineman. Oline will be addressed in the draft but most likely during the middle rounds. Cowboys brought in a new veteran Oline coach and made several other key positional coaching changes at RB and O-Coordinator/playcaller. If these changes truly help improve the Offense (as they should), Dak and this team definitely has a 50/50 chance of making it all the way to a Super Bowl.

Last edited:

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
The same as about 25 other current NFL quarterbacks……..<10%. Dak can have a game good enough to win a ring but I question him being able to string a few in a row to get there against really good teams :oops: