Your stance on slipping, former top 5 prospects Teez/Peppers?

ConceptCoop

Reaction score
At one point in time, Teez Tabor and Jabrill Peppers appeared to be top 5 picks. Today, I see them being mocked in the late first round. What are your stance on these guys? I for one am sold on both. I feel more comfortable about Tabor; as a Gator fan, I've seen him play plenty. (I like Quincy Wilson at #28 as well. ) But again, I'd gladly take either one at 28.

What are your thoughts on these slipping prospects?

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
Peppers came in smaller than expected. I really like the kid though. He's still a great athlete and competitor. He was competing like his life depended on it at the combine and was the alpha dog of the group at the combine. He was asked by the coaching staff at Michigan to play linebacker where he wouldn't get the opportunities to make as many plays in pass defense. He did it and didn't blink an eye and played great last season. I doubt he's there at 28 though.

YR

waving monkey

Reaction score
Peppers came in smaller than expected. I really like the kid though. He's still a great athlete and competitor. He was competing like his life depended on it at the combine and was the alpha dog of the group at the combine. He was asked by the coaching staff at Michigan to play linebacker where he wouldn't get the opportunities to make as many plays in pass defense. He did it and didn't blink an eye and played great last season. I doubt he's there at 28 though.

I think at 28 he would certainly be BPA.IMO.
He doesn't have a noticeable injury history and I believe he can be coach put quickly in the safety spot.
I think he and a good CB from the draft remakes our defensive backfield in one season.

YR

tyke1doe

Reaction score
I like Peppers over Tabor. I would be highly upset if we chose Tabor @ 28. He's too slow, and I question his maturity. Maybe if he's available in the fourth round, yes. But not in the first three rounds.

Even though Peppers played linebacker, I'm sure everyone knows he isn't going to play linebacker in the pros. Way too light. But he has athleticism, and I believe he would fit our secondary well. He would be either an idea strong safety or a pretty good free safety as he seems to have the awareness factor.

But what do I know?

kiheikiwi

Maui No Ka Oi
Reaction score
If Peppers was BPA at 28 - no problem what so ever. Only thing I could see, and its a minor one - is would his personality clash with Dak and Zeke's. if we draft Tabor anywhere I'd be pissed, don't want him on our team in any shape or form.
Would have to have had a big run on DE's and corners to take Peppers, but would not be upset in the slightest.

RS12

Reaction score
If peppers goes early that push Hooker down to late first.

Hooker is the guy they supposedly love but no way he drops that far. They would sprint to the podium if he did. Dont want Tabor at all, and I would feel better about Peppers if I knew what position he would excel at.

tm1119

Reaction score
Tabor has rocks for brains and is no where near "RKG". I'd be surprised if he even has a 2nd round grade on our board, let alone 1st.

Peppers is a terrific athlete and has a lot of potential but is also a bit of a projection. Not a whole lot of evidence of him playing an NFL safety role in Harbough's defense. I'm starting to warm up to him a bit, wouldn't hate the pick. Very good chance he goes earlier than 28 tho

Sydla

Reaction score
Tabor is a moron. Pass in the first if he slips. I might be inclined to take him at 60 if he's there. At that point the value is there and outweighs the risk.

Daillest88

Reaction score
I wouldn't take him at 60.. rather have Wilson anyway.

Peppers at saftey will be really good

Tristan

Reaction score
Love Peppers, u can never get enough players like him! Hes top 15 to me all day long. Peppers at 28 is a steal!

Tabor, like many others dont want this or any other nuckleheads on this team! Never worth it!

gmoney112

Reaction score
No to Tabor.

I can't get over the fact that Peppers forced, what was it, 1 turnover in his entire college career? That's just unfortunate

Killerinstinct

Reaction score
I bet Peppers isn't dropping at all. Tebor is another story. Him and his team mate are both overrated.

HookEmCowboys

Reaction score
Agreed with what's been said about Tabor. He bombed at the Combine and is nowhere near a 1st or even 2nd round grade imo.

Wouldn't hate Peppers at #28. Could see him fitting as an in-the-box type safety and it would be fun to scheme him into a robber role over the middle behind Lee. Could also double him up as a return man and save poor Beasley for those 3rd-and-short conversions :lmao:

Bigdog

Reaction score
Don't want that knucklehead Tabor. Rather have his teammate Wilson.