Your stance on slipping, former top 5 prospects Teez/Peppers?

rkell87

Reaction score
What are the int numbers for OLBs in the draft? Cause that's what peppers played though he won't in the NFL. I hope we get him over every other player in the draft

GhostOfPelluer

Reaction score
I'd run to turn the card in on Tabor. Just watch the tape, he's a stud CB. He's feisty and not afraid to mix it up.

As much as Peppers' athleticism is enticing, I wouldn't want to risk a first round pick on a guy that hasn't proven he can play the position. I echo the thoughts that he would probably be a better RB in the league. He could prove me wrong, it wouldn't shock me, but it also wouldn't shock me if he never gets a second contract offer because he never makes the athleticism work in a system.

stilltheguru88

Reaction score
What are the int numbers for OLBs in the draft? Cause that's what peppers played though he won't in the NFL. I hope we get him over every other player in the draft
Every player? Ugh

Jordan Evans from Oklahoma had 2 ints. And peppers line pick was a tipped pass from a garbage quArterback.

HookEmCowboys

Reaction score
I'd run to turn the card in on Tabor. Just watch the tape, he's a stud CB. He's feisty and not afraid to mix it up.

None of what you said about Tabor matters if the kid can't stay clean and fails his mando drug tests.

I'll take the guy who can actually get on the field and stay there in this particular situation.

GhostOfPelluer

Reaction score
None of what you said about Tabor matters if the kid can't stay clean and fails his mando drug tests.

I'll take the guy who can actually get on the field and stay there in this particular situation.
A bunch of folks in the league smoke. It's not hard to do and get away with as long as you aren't a complete moron or have a serious problem.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
A bunch of folks in the league smoke. It's not hard to do and get away with as long as you aren't a complete moron or have a serious problem.

What? You're fine drafting a player in the 1st round that smokes? A player who says "hey, I gotta be me and sometimes that gets me into trouble"?

No way.

GhostOfPelluer

Reaction score
What? You're fine drafting a player in the 1st round that smokes? A player who says "hey, I gotta be me and sometimes that gets me into trouble"?

No way.
I'm saying I bet at least 60% of the league smokes. It's not an issue for me unless they don't know how to get away with it.

HookEmCowboys

Reaction score

You know this from... personal experience or?

I personally don't have a problem with weed. But it's not allowed in the league and that's enough of a hardline for me. Not interested in guys who can't follow straight forward rules. Whether or not it's easy to get away with is irrelevant and in the end still maintains the risk of getting busted and suspended. Randy Gregory 2.0

GhostOfPelluer

Reaction score
You know this from... personal experience or?

I personally don't have a problem with weed. But it's not allowed in the league and that's enough of a hardline for me. Not interested in guys who can't follow straight forward rules. Whether or not it's easy to get away with is irrelevant and in the end still maintains the risk of getting busted and suspended. Randy Gregory 2.0
I don't have a study or article I can point to, so I don't have a problem if you don't believe it. I covered the league for a few years, there are a decent number of players who use it as a pain reliever to stay away from the stronger meds. There are some who have smoked since they were kids. If you aren't in the league's drug program it's pretty easy to know when the testing will occur and you can time it pretty easily. My guess isn't scientific, just hypothesis from my own observations/conversations. As for Gregory, that dude has a problem.

HookEmCowboys

Reaction score
I don't have a study or article I can point to, so I don't have a problem if you don't believe it. I covered the league for a few years, there are a decent number of players who use it as a pain reliever to stay away from the stronger meds. There are some who have smoked since they were kids. If you aren't in the league's drug program it's pretty easy to know when the testing will occur and you can time it pretty easily. My guess isn't scientific, just hypothesis from my own observations/conversations. As for Gregory, that dude has a problem.

So it is from personal experience lol. Bold is actually a point I am very okay with, but that's another conversation. Until it's legalized across the board the risk for suspension is still there and dudes with a history of failing drug tests is a ref flag for me.

KDM256

Reaction score
The production in the secondary isn't there to justify taking Peppers in the first round. If I wanted an in the box safety, I would have just paid Barry Church and call it a day. Yes, we all can agree that Peppers can hit but can Peppers make plays in the secondary? Looking at his stats and production from the secondary, too much of a gamble at 28 as to where we need to make sure fire pick this late into the round.

noletime95

Reaction score
I don't really want Peppers at 28. I prefer a DL, but Tabor is a stud.

stilltheguru88

Reaction score
If we meet with Tabor and he's there at 60 AND we don't take secondary in round 1 we're taking him and I'd be willing to bet on that

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
And a 40 in the 4.6s. That is a glaring issue IMO. I don't use athletic metrics to promote a guy but I will use them to disqualify them. A corner over 4.55 is an absolute no go for me.
That is a terrible time for a CB. That's in the Barry Church range.

If forty times are important, they're most important at CB.

He should do a Pro Day forty.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Gregory failed his combine drug test. Tabor didn't and therein is a huge difference.

All kinds of player fail the NCAA drug test as it is much more stringent than the NFL's who really only does it as a facade.

In the NFL you basically quit for a few months at the beginning of the new league year until they test you then you start blazing once more. The combine is a good analog for that.

HookEmCowboys

Reaction score
The production in the secondary isn't there to justify taking Peppers in the first round. If I wanted an in the box safety, I would have just paid Barry Church and call it a day. Yes, we all can agree that Peppers can hit but can Peppers make plays in the secondary? Looking at his stats and production from the secondary, too much of a gamble at 28 as to where we need to make sure fire pick this late into the round.

Peppers is vastly more athletic than Church. Him doubling as a return man and slot/RB on offense attest to that.

It's not even close.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score

Wow.

Tabor actually got slower at his Pro Day.

Pretty bad when a still rehabbing linebacker in Jerrad Davis can outrun him.

TheFinisher

Reaction score

Wow.

Tabor actually got slower at his Pro Day.

Pretty bad when a still rehabbing linebacker in Jerrad Davis can outrun him.

Yeah I want no part of Tabor, way too many red flags.

However Jarrad Davis is a monster and that 40 time is faster than I would have expected. He's one of the top 15 pure football players in this class, it's just the injury history with him keeping him from going that high. When he's on the field he's a beast though, not much different from Reuben Foster imo