Your stance on slipping, former top 5 prospects Teez/Peppers?

JJGR8

Reaction score
I would like to the Boys get more of a ball hawk! Peppers is an in the box safety....We need turnovers! Jaylon Smith should be back and ready to go to do the in-the-box work.

rambo2

Reaction score
At one point in time, Teez Tabor and Jabrill Peppers appeared to be top 5 picks. Today, I see them being mocked in the late first round. What are your stance on these guys? I for one am sold on both. I feel more comfortable about Tabor; as a Gator fan, I've seen him play plenty. (I like Quincy Wilson at #28 as well. ) But again, I'd gladly take either one at 28.

What are your thoughts on these slipping prospects?
You can't draft Tabor above the 3rd round because he is an idiot that would smoke weed. Peppers could be a great player.

HookEmCowboys

Reaction score
I would like to the Boys get more of a ball hawk! Peppers is an in the box safety....We need turnovers! Jaylon Smith should be back and ready to go to do the in-the-box work.

Sure hope so and that he can return to form. Him and Lee will make a nice LB combo with Peppers coming down as hybrid S/LB in a Nickel set.

There will be more safeties in later rounds that we can find to play over the top. I think Peppers will give the most value/versatility for where we are picking R1.

bpfred

Reaction score
At one point in time, Teez Tabor and Jabrill Peppers appeared to be top 5 picks. Today, I see them being mocked in the late first round. What are your stance on these guys? I for one am sold on both. I feel more comfortable about Tabor; as a Gator fan, I've seen him play plenty. (I like Quincy Wilson at #28 as well. ) But again, I'd gladly take either one at 28.

I probably stand alone here, but I consider Peppers to be a complete projection, and personally consider him as a 4th/5th rounder, and that's being kind. Some people think, that with his athleticism he's a single high safety that can cover deep sideline to sideline. I don't see him doing that nearly as well as Hooker or Marcus Williams.

Some people think he's an in-the-box safety, that can really support the run. I think he can do that, but don't personally see him as being very good in pass coverage. I have my doubts that he could cover average NFL tight ends, and no NFL slot receivers. I would prefer Budda Baker, or Josh Jones as in-the-box safeties. IMO, especially Baker, with his coverage skills, is much better close to the line than Peppers.

I suspect Peppers' best position is as running back. And there are much better running backs in this draft than him. He can really help in the kick return game, maybe he can contribute to a team there, while somebody figures out what else he can do.

Last edited:

Texas_Pete

Reaction score
This gives me pause on Peppers:

We need a ball hawk. He doesn't appear to be one, unfortunately.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
We need someone to step up and provide turnovers. Unfortunately, that's not Peppers' thing. I'd much prefer Hooker instead.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Peppers would worry me. He might be great, but he might struggle mentally. He might be best at RB.

Tabor is all about the interviews and NFL background checks. We don't have access to either.

RoboQB

Reaction score
Hooker will be gone within the top ten picks. Not sure why he's even being mentioned here.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Was Tabor ever a "top 5 prospect"?
Honest question

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
Tabor is the exact opposite of RKG.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Peppers would worry me. He might be great, but he might struggle mentally. He might be best at RB.

Tabor is all about the interviews and NFL background checks. We don't have access to either.

And a 40 in the 4.6s. That is a glaring issue IMO. I don't use athletic metrics to promote a guy but I will use them to disqualify them. A corner over 4.55 is an absolute no go for me.

Western

Reaction score
Tabor- 9 career interceptions, 28 career pass break-ups, size and quickness, & a pure cover corner.
An Alpha Dog in the secondary is exactly what Dallas needs.

chicago JK

Reaction score
This gives me pause on Peppers:

We need a ball hawk. He doesn't appear to be one, unfortunately.

That just shows how much of a stud Ed Reed was in college. I remember that draft. Roy Williams was a stud in college but there was no talk of Reed going in the top 10. You look at those interception numbers from Reed and also watch his college highlights and you think why was he not considered a top 5 talent in that draft?

It is remarkable Baltimore got both Reed and Ray Lewis late first round who both turned out to maybe the best players at their positions ever.

stilltheguru88

Reaction score
Tabor- 9 career interceptions, 28 career pass break-ups, size and quickness, & a pure cover corner.
An Alpha Dog in the secondary is exactly what Dallas needs.
I'd take him round 2. I don't really care about the 40 time. More concerned about him smoking weed