Your take on Cee Dee Lamb's impact

ghosttown cowboy

Wyoming's #1 boys fan
Reaction score
I thought he had a good game.
-zero drops
-Didn't seem like the moment was too big for him
-Solid punt return on the only opportunity
-I don't think the OL provided Dak enough time to get through all of his progressions
-The offense looked awfully similar to the one we complained about last year
-He is the 4th option on offense.

Ekspozed

Reaction score
O-line allowed 2nd most pressure rate, behind the jets.

Hard to hit down field or have stuff develop.

Moore should have adjusted, we need more movement and motion

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Gallup wasn't great his first season, 33 catches/507 yds/2 tds.
Second year he doubled his receptions, more than doubled the yards and tripled the tds. That with Cooper hobbled for much of the latter part of the season.

Most rookie receivers, even with the proliferation of NFL-type offenses in the NCAA the last few years, don't do well their first year. Guys like Randy Moss are the exception, and Moss came to a loaded team that went 15-1 in Moss' first season.

Give the man a chance....
What are you telling me for I didn't disagree with that lol.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
O-line allowed 2nd most pressure rate, behind the jets.

Hard to hit down field or have stuff develop.

Moore should have adjusted, we need more movement and motion

Is adjusting ever in our game plan?

I have not ever see us ever adjust during games nor halftimes..

at least that I could ever see.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We are judging a rookie on 1 game, and after a short training camp and no preseason?

And on top of that, a #3 WR? Hell, even #1 WRs aren't going to have a big game every week.

And, realistically, for his first NFL game, 5 catches on 6 targets for 59 yards isn't a bad showing at all. All the receivers are going to have some games like that, and some less than that. There aren't enough balls around for them all to have 80-100 yard games every week, and the point of having all 3 is so they can spread the ball around.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Anytime a rookie like CeeDee is the leading receiver in week one, the signs are promising that it'll only get better with the passage of time.

It's more than obvious the he's worked diligently in his offseason workouts to get to where he is now. I'm having high hopes that'll continue.

I'm certain that his familiarity between himself and Dak will continue to improve in the months yet to come. I'll be Dak is drooling at the idea.

reddyuta

Reaction score
this offense was a dumpster fire and i cant honestly cannot evaluate anybody in it,the kind of offense we should running is light years away from what Kellen moore is running out there.even the basic GB offense Mccarthy was running would be so welcome than the predictable crap we are doing right now.

Hadenough

Reaction score
I thought Lamb did ok but he took the passes that normally would go to Gallup and it didn't leave much.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
He caught everything thrown at him. How is it his fault they didn't throw his way?? The 4th and 3 was a crap throw that he had to stop and bend down for. He had a nice 20 yard punt return which is as good as we've had in years.

My God of all the people to blame. Look at the OC, and the QB who has never made a receiver better.
I don't think he was blaming Lamb for the loss, just saying he expected more. I think Lamb did fine, other than the block in the back.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
So amongst all the complaints about our first game..

I know all of us expected Lamb to make a big difference.

But instead of a Bang..

he went Pop.

I expected more than what we saw.

Way more.

So I wonder what you guys are thinking about Lamb?

I thought given plenty of time to incorporate him into the offense..

we would have seen more than just him cutting his route short and not converting a 1st. down at a critical moment in the game.

I was hoping to see a punt return of some impact..

a few catches that show we know how to use him.

But I hear crickets from you guys.

I can rattle off multiple reasons why..but I want to hear how you saw it.

Over to you.

:grin:

CD: 5 catches, 10 ypt, 107 QB score when thrown to. That's a good game for a rookie WR, even a 1st rounder. QB score lower for both Cooper and Gallup.

If Dak leads him on the 4th, he makes the first down.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
CD: 5 catches, 10 ypt, 107 QB score when thrown to. That's a good game for a rookie WR, even a 1st rounder. QB score lower for both Cooper and Gallup.

If Dak leads him on the 4th, he makes the first down.
I thought somebody could come up with a redeeming analysis.

Ok.

We play him this week but if the cream does not come to the top against Atlanta..

well..you know the rest.

:thumbdown:

Jenky

Reaction score

But instead of a Bang..

he went Pop.

Way more.

we would have seen more than just him cutting his route short and not converting a 1st. down at a critical moment in the game.

Over to you.

He had a good game. The guy throwing has limitations, I’m not sure what you are expecting.

There’s other fans complaining about how our receivers get no separation. They expect it to be like college football or something and don’t realize the NFL is the pro level of football.

VABoyz

Reaction score
A pop? smh thats pretty harsh for the FIRST game of his nfl career and dak was 10 for 21 in the second half AND he didnt have drops smh. can he get a few more games? i think he's a real weapon in the making.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
A pop? smh thats pretty harsh for the FIRST game of his nfl career and dak was 10 for 21 in the second half AND he didnt have drops smh. can he get a few more games? i think he's a real weapon in the making.
I just wanted to know what people were thinking.

After all the hype I guess I expected something more definite to happen for him.

I must learn to temper my expectations.

All these changes for us is both good and bad.

I want to see him establish himself.

We need him..

basel90

Reaction score
Cee Dee Did all he can given the limited targets he got , he caught everything, despite erratic throws by Dak .
He will only improve

Thomas82

Reaction score
Thought he looked good for a rookie. His impact is going to be felt later on in the season. The beginning is going to be rough and he's just not the player Gallup and Cooper is right now.

That's about how I see it as well. If he stays healthy, I believe he'll pace the rookie receiver class.

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

But instead of a Bang..

he went Pop.

Way more.

Over to you.

Red ball--i love me some Lamb...he made like 4 or 5 catches ..yes not getting to the sticks was big mistake that cost us dearly....but our future of winning the game should not be down to one play...and it was not..how about the refs getting juked by Ramsey flop on Gallup?....Gallup route and catch and Dak dropping a dime was perfect...but we cant blame that either...we have to play better so a play or two dont hold our future in winning game..in my humble opinion of course...i could be totally wrong?