Your take on Cee Dee Lamb's impact

bigE79

Reaction score
Right..

I think we all are looking for a home that feels good with all the craziness.

One of my unstated hopes for us is that we play well at home when we can defend our home field.

Any hope for making a playoff seed revolves around going 7-1 or 6-2 at home and then find a way not to fold outside of our own building.

Not asking for too much hmmmm?

:rolleyes:
Winning on the road,what a novel idea.

Thomas82

Reaction score
Good God, really a rookie WR did not go all world. Most receivers take time to learn the pro game, this is his first real action outside of practice.

Even though he didn't exactly dominate against the Rams, CeeDee still led all rookie receivers in catches and yards last week.

basel90

Reaction score
He played well enough given the situation and offensive calls . Dak missed many reads on him and threw a bad throw on that 4th down .

Hardline

Reaction score
I was hoping he would have a game like he had against my Longhorns last year and we would be putting him in the Hall of Fame already.

JBond

Reaction score
So amongst all the complaints about our first game..

I know all of us expected Lamb to make a big difference.

But instead of a Bang..

he went Pop.

I expected more than what we saw.

Way more.

So I wonder what you guys are thinking about Lamb?

I thought given plenty of time to incorporate him into the offense..

we would have seen more than just him cutting his route short and not converting a 1st. down at a critical moment in the game.

I was hoping to see a punt return of some impact..

a few catches that show we know how to use him.

But I hear crickets from you guys.

I can rattle off multiple reasons why..but I want to hear how you saw it.

Over to you.

:grin:
Sarcasm? He has had less time to incorporate into the offense then any first round WR pick in the Cowboys history. He looked like a Rookie. He also looked pretty good especially considering all the limitations on training, reps, etc.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This is such absolute garbage. The ball is hip-high and he barely breaks stride.

I swear half this board wants Dak to be bad so much that they straight up make things up.

I agree with staubacher. Why so sensitive with Dak?

Lamb was charging for the open spot on the sideline. he had to reach down and "back". A better throw may have given Ceedee a chance to blow out the closing defender.

This is a case of Dak sometimes having trouble leading a defender across the field. Like throwing AT the WR not away.....where he would actually be when the ball arrives.

It doesn't mean I think Dak sucks. It means I think this could have been a better pass. And yes....Lamb should have pressed a few yards deeper...but maybe he thought that coverage would have blanketed him and no chance of a pass at all.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
O-line allowed 2nd most pressure rate, behind the jets.

Hard to hit down field or have stuff develop.

Moore should have adjusted, we need more movement and motion

I think Dak should have adjusted. Move away from the pressure you know is coming.

MapleLeaf

Maple Leaf
Reaction score
I thought Lamb showed great hands in the balls thrown his way. Good feet.

It's just game 1 of his career so we need more tape.

MapleLeaf

Maple Leaf
Reaction score
This is a case of Dak sometimes having trouble leading a defender across the field. Like throwing AT the WR not away.....where he would actually be when the ball arrives.

One of the characteristics of a GREAT QB is anticipation.

There is an old video done by a scout on what the apparent difference between Brady and Bledsoe was for the Patriots. What was isolated was some deep outs. Bledsoe obviously had the better cannon for an arm, but because he had this physical gift all his life he didn't develop the innate talent and skill of anticipation.

I believe this is one of the opportunities Dak has to hone on to take the step to the next level. He has shown in isolated plays he can make fantastic throws. Now he just has to make the ordinary throws with great anticipation and give his players a chance to make plays with RAC.

basel90

Reaction score
Hit him in a bad place, hey? His hands.
Dak Threw it a bit late and low , which cee Dee did well to catch on the go . It is these small details with Dak’s throws and timing that are costly . No wonder his 3rd down conversions are in the bottom of the league , and the results speak for themselves .

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
One of the characteristics of a GREAT QB is anticipation.

There is an old video done by a scout on what the apparent difference between Brady and Bledsoe was for the Patriots. What was isolated was some deep outs. Bledsoe obviously had the better cannon for an arm, but because he had this physical gift all his life he didn't develop the innate talent and skill of anticipation.

I believe this is one of the opportunities Dak has to hone on to take the step to the next level. He has shown in isolated plays he can make fantastic throws. Now he just has to make the ordinary throws with great anticipation and give his players a chance to make plays with RAC.
Great post.

Sometimes you don't always throw at the numbers. I watched Daltons 2019 highlights and I was surprised at WHERE Dalton was throwing the ball. And yes...for Dalton haters...they were great passes the receivers went and got. He trusted them to locate and grab.

It's about the only thing in his game I'd like him to do better. Sometimes way better. Other is to run when it's given. Even 5 yards on 1st....is a great play.

And I'd like to see him chew some behind too. :cool: