Your take on Cee Dee Lamb's impact

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
So amongst all the complaints about our first game..

I know all of us expected Lamb to make a big difference.

But instead of a Bang..

he went Pop.

I expected more than what we saw.

Way more.

So I wonder what you guys are thinking about Lamb?

I thought given plenty of time to incorporate him into the offense..

we would have seen more than just him cutting his route short and not converting a 1st. down at a critical moment in the game.

I was hoping to see a punt return of some impact..

a few catches that show we know how to use him.

But I hear crickets from you guys.

I can rattle off multiple reasons why..but I want to hear how you saw it.

Over to you.

:grin:

If he was able to catch that 4th down ball in stride he would have had an opportunity to go "Bang".

That being said, I'm not trashing Dak. We can win with him, I just don't think he's an elite QB and shouldn't be paid as such.

Hadenough

Reaction score
Cee Dee Lamb is a good player but already having Gallup, Cooper and Zeke it was more of a luxury pick and is kind of a wasted pick.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
I expected to see Cooper in the slot more. I would have preferred Cooper being the target on 4th and three. Bigger, stronger, more experienced. I’m not designing plays for a rookie in critical situations like 4th downs.

RandyOh

Reaction score
It was the first freaking game of a season with a half arsed training camp, no preseason, in a year where a pandemic has i'm sure effected everyone in at least some way including pro athletes. My god! There is a reason I avoid here for at least 3 or 4 days after every game win or loss. The level of stupidity on here after a game is astonishing.

To answer your question hes a freaking rookie on a team with an all pro level WR and Pro bowl level receivers already on the team plus a RB who needs 20 plus touches a game or your wasting his talents. Imma head on down to the draft zone. That's where I stay during the season.

jblaze2004

Reaction score
If you're going best player available, then he was a logical pick....
Yeah during hte draft the only other person I might of picked was K'Lavon Chaisson or Kenneth Murray. Mainly because our defense needs talent especially in the front 7. But as you said Ceedee Lamb was the better college prospect than those two. So if we go by best available we had to take Ceedee Lamb.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
Red ball--i love me some Lamb...he made like 4 or 5 catches ..yes not getting to the sticks was big mistake that cost us dearly....but our future of winning the game should not be down to one play...and it was not..how about the refs getting juked by Ramsey flop on Gallup?....Gallup route and catch and Dak dropping a dime was perfect...but we cant blame that either...we have to play better so a play or two dont hold our future in winning game..in my humble opinion of course...i could be totally wrong?
No

I think we all agree he did OK for his first go round.

I just thought he could be utilized better.

With Jarwin now gone..

CDs development and usage becomes even more urgent.

Is Moore experienced to make this a plus for us?

No clue..but his play calling must be more aggressive now.

Like to see more no huddle and some bubble screens and alot more motion plays.

LA killed us with their motion and misdirection.

Much more is required of Moore/McCarthy.

We shall see.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
I expected to see Cooper in the slot more. I would have preferred Cooper being the target on 4th and three. Bigger, stronger, more experienced. I’m not designing plays for a rookie in critical situations like 4th downs.

Not saying it's for sure true, but I did see a story that placed a lot of the blame on Schultz, apparently he was supposed to cross over behind Lamb farther back than he did, which didn't clear out the defender far enough for Lamb to be able to get past the first down line, and if true that means two things:

1. Schultz, despite being on the team several years, doesn't know how to run routes correctly.
2. It's something that can be worked on, not that Lamb is too slow or can't catch passes over the middle or doesn't know where he's at on the field.

I'm ready to chalk this one up as "one of those games", and move on. Maybe it's a sign of things to come, but I'd prefer to see that happen rather than expect it to happen...

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
If he was able to catch that 4th down ball in stride he would have had an opportunity to go "Bang".

That being said, I'm not trashing Dak. We can win with him, I just don't think he's an elite QB and shouldn't be paid as such.
Yeah..

I still like CD as the pick. Not a problem.

My concern comes back to Moore and McCarthy. How do they plan on using CD?

What is McCarthy thinking about where Lamb fits in the pecking order and..

is Dak on board and willing to execute what McCarthy/Moore see?

What I hope does not happen is they just design a handful of plays..ând CD has to succeed using a limited role.

Just my hopes and what I see.

bigE79

Reaction score

But instead of a Bang..

he went Pop.

Way more.

we would have seen more than just him cutting his route short and not converting a 1st. down at a critical moment in the game.

Over to you.

We lost,that's the only thing that matters, everything else is just fluff.

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
No

I think we all agree he did OK for his first go round.

I just thought he could be utilized better.

With Jarwin now gone..

CDs development and usage becomes even more urgent.

Is Moore experienced to make this a plus for us?

No clue..but his play calling must be more aggressive now.

Like to see more no huddle and some bubble screens and alot more motion plays.

LA killed us with their motion and misdirection.

Much more is required of Moore/McCarthy.

We shall see.

totally and 100% agree with you...anytime as cowboy fan we lose a close one...especially after last seasons 1-6 debacle on one score games...i become livid when it seems our offense goes vanilla...we have so many weapons even

with departure of Jarwin...i get so sick and tired of losing because we get outcoached...and we all would agree Rams coach outcoached MM ...i love all those misdirection confusing movements that caused our defense to be stuck in

the mud...why cant we do similarly???...we saw it last year in game one???...then we seemed to get fearful and go vanilla...maybe it was conservatism because lack of real off and preseason reps??..i will give the benefit of that doubt

but to be honest they are on short leash with me...we have too many weapons to go vanilla

blueblood70

Reaction score

But instead of a Bang..

he went Pop.

Way more.

Over to you.

your expectations went pop because they were flawed, that on you not 88..

, hes a rookie first game and the OL was being pushed back a lot into Dak made it hard to find a rhythm and get balls to WRs more..he had a nice Return and will see more of that im sure..

he got a taste for an NFL Defense now, look at film, learn and go back at it

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
Good God, really a rookie WR did not go all world. Most receivers take time to learn the pro game, this is his first real action outside of practice.
Well..

As I said above..he is fine with me.

I was just wondering what others were thinking.

I thought alot of comments fleshed things out.

We wait.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
your expectations went pop because they were flawed, that on you not 88..

, hes a rookie first game and the OL was being pushed back a lot into Dak made it hard to find a rhythm and get balls to WRs more..he had a nice Return and will see more of that im sure..

he got a taste for an NFL Defense now, look at film, learn and go back at it
Oh yeah..

I believe they say "welcome to the NFL rookie".

:eek:

blueblood70

Reaction score
Oh yeah..

I believe they say "welcome to the NFL rookie".

:eek:
im not even sure that all of it, each week it will vary who gets the balls by defenses dictating it, i mean AC seemed to be in the lost and found on the stat sheet 8 games on the road last year and got 20mil LTD from us from the #1 spot, CEEDEE was on the road and the 3rd WR, think about that.

BTEW CEEDEE plays a few big games on ATT turf, he will feel at home for sure :)

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
im not even sure that all of it, each week it will vary who gets the balls by defenses dictating it, i mean AC seemed to be in the lost and found on the stat sheet 8 games on the road last year and got 20mil LTD from us from the #1 spot, CEEDEE was on the road and the 3rd WR, think about that.

BTEW CEEDEE plays a few big games on ATT turf, he will feel at home for sure :)
Right..

I think we all are looking for a home that feels good with all the craziness.

One of my unstated hopes for us is that we play well at home when we can defend our home field.

Any hope for making a playoff seed revolves around going 7-1 or 6-2 at home and then find a way not to fold outside of our own building.

Not asking for too much hmmmm?

:rolleyes: