*** Your thoughts on the CowboysZone Upgrade so far? ***

Status
Not open for further replies.

GMO415

Reaction score
I used to be able to copy and paste a photo to the reply and now that's not working.

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
To all of the people who are unable to copy/paste images, what browser and device are you using?

I just tested it in Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge using both "copy and paste image" and "drag and drop" and it worked fine in both desktop browsers.

Proximo

Reaction score
I really do not know what to suggest to you. The only idea I have is that either you have javascript disabled or your browser does not support them for some reason.
I installed an ios update on my Iphone that I had been putting off, and fortunately that did the trick.

I didn’t realize how many threads and posts are Twitter-centric until I couldn’t see them.

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I installed an ios update on my Iphone that I had been putting off, and fortunately that did the trick.

I didn’t realize how many threads and posts are Twitter-centric until I couldn’t see them.
I am glad you got it figured out! :D

Brax

Reaction score
Now that the move to new software and new servers has been completed and I have designed the still-work-in-progress Light theme for the site, what are your thoughts on it so far?

Common Questions

*** NOTE: I will continue to add questions and answers here as they get asked multiple times.

Why did you upgrade now?
We were having issues with a couple of things and the older software and servers were limiting our ability to add new features that we have planned.

Are you done with the new site design?
No, not even close. I keep finding things that need to be updated or improved.

Will there be a dark theme?
Yes, once everything else gets settled, I will work on creating a dark theme for the site.

Will there be a chatroom like the old site had? ... Chatroom Added
Yes, we will be adding a new chatroom system, but it will be a few days before we work on that.

Will member stats be added back below the avatar/username/title area of thread posts?
Yes, hopefully. It will have to be manually implemented so it will depend on what is available and possible.
Very nice, thanks for all your hard work. Much nicer on my phone greatly appreciated.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Love the tool tip peek of the text of the first post in a thread from the forum view.

That's the kind of thing that could be in every list. Example - Alerts list. Links for <quoted> and <your post> could be tool tipped for their respective posts.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
I think the main issue with posting pics is apparently a lot of people used drag/drop to post images from other sites and there is a known bug with the editor in the current version of this software that can prevent that for some devices and operating systems.

CowboysZone does not host images for legal reasons, so you have to host images on a site/service that allows off-site linking (ex: Imgur).

I do not have any issues posting images because I just upload them to imgur, right click on the image and copy the image url (not the address bar url) and then click the photo icon in the editor on CZ and copy/paste the image URL there.

When the drag/drop editor bug is fixed in the software and a new version released I will update the site and hopefully that will resolve it.

Until then there is nothing I can do to make drag/drop work, at least for the people it is not working for now.
All this information is useful, but particularly the HOWTO I bolded.

It seems like a bunch of little HOWTO tech tips have come out in this thread.

Like a lot of people didn't know you could <ctrl><shift><+/-> browser font size.

Collecting them somewhere, and adding others, would be helpful.

... Also, just advertising the support forum. I didn't know it existed. That would be a natural place for a HOWTO thread. Probably most of those threads are basically a request for a HOWTO which eventually gets fulfilled in the thread. Putting the punchline HOWTO of each of those threads into a separate HOWTO list, organized by Feature instead of time would be a plus.

I see there is a HELP section. Better place for the HOWTOs.

Buzzbait

Reaction score
I am glad you got it figured out! :D

Reality I noticed you have an emoji in your post, but that's not available on my screen. The "Bold", "Font Size", "Emojis" etc are not working on my desk top when I post, they are greyed out and unusable. That entire option bar is greyed out.
Is this a permanent problem or???

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Reality I noticed you have an emoji in your post, but that's not available on my screen. The "Bold", "Font Size", "Emojis" etc are not working on my desk top when I post, they are greyed out and unusable. That entire option bar is greyed out.
Is this a permanent problem or???
They are greyed-out if you are in BB code mode.

Some users switch to BB Code mode because they are using some android devices that have issues with WYSIWYG editors such as the ones that are used on the new site or the old site.

If you were not having that issue and your browser supports the editor, you can click the -- [...] -- icon to switch back to Rich Text Editor mode.

Buzzbait

Reaction score
They are greyed-out if you are in BB code mode.

Some users switch to BB Code mode because they are using some android devices that have issues with WYSIWYG editors such as the ones that are used on the new site or the old site.

If you were not having that issue and your browser supports the editor, you can click the -- [...] -- icon to switch back to Rich Text Editor mode.
Just found that BB Code icon and it WORKS! No idea what BB Code means and never messed with it before, but it WORKS!!
Double Thanks for the heads up Reality! ;) :thumbup:

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Just found that BB Code icon and it WORKS! No idea what BB Code means and never messed with it before, but it WORKS!!
Double Thanks for the heads up Reality! ;) :thumbup:
Glad you got it fixed!

BB Code basically means "text-only" mode.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
Everything seems fine to me and pretty much works the same way as the one we just left. This new software feels maybe a bit snappier and more responsive, which is always welcome. The only real difference that I see is more advertising… but otherwise it’s like the other, as far as being able to come here talk about football, and find out info about the team.

No complaints about this software.

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Everything seems fine to me and pretty much works the same way as the one we just left. This new software feels maybe a bit snappier and more responsive, which is always welcome. The only real difference that I see is more advertising… but otherwise it’s like the other, as far as being able to come here talk about football, and find out info about the team.

No complaints about this software.
The advertising is the same but I just realized the in-thread banner ad was showing for members and it is only supposed to show to people not logged in.

I have removed the in-thread ad now for members logged in.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
The advertising is the same but I did just realize the in-thread banner ad was showing for members and it is only supposed to show to people not logged in.

I have removed the in-thread ad now for members logged in.

Ahhh… I see. Yeah, that in-thread ad was the only reason I said there was more. No longer though.

Much appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.