Your top 10 Fav movies

Deputy493

Reaction score
Ferris Bueller's Day Off is still a classic, not in my top 10, but probably in my top 25.

Deputy493

Reaction score
Yeagermeister;1354610 said:
Looking at Winki's av

Full Metal Jacket

and trust me, that was pretty much exactly how Marine boot camp was (except longer, 12 weeks).....well back in 1988 anyway.

Dallas

Old bulletproof tiger
Reaction score
Scarface
GodFather I and II
LOTR Trilogy
Boondock Saints
Donnie Darko
Reservoir Dogs
Pulp Fiction
Kill Bill 1&2
Usual Suspects
Cowboys - John Wayne baby

BTW: Mine goes to 11

Grapes of Wrath :D

blindzebra

Reaction score
Dallas;1354628 said:
Scarface
GodFather I and II
LOTR Trilogy
Boondock Saints
Donnie Darko
Reservoir Dogs
Pulp Fiction
Kill Bill 1&2
Usual Suspects
Cowboys - John Wayne baby

BTW: Mine goes to 11

Grapes of Wrath :D

If it's going to 11, number 11 should be This is Spinal Tap.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
blindzebra;1354637 said:
If it's going to 11, number 11 should be This is Spinal Tap.

My wife....bless her south Texas heart....thought Spinal Tap was a real band. :D

cowboyskid29

Reaction score
LOTR, the king, fellowship, towers
Sin City
Batman Begins
Dodge Ball
Talledega Nights
Grandamas Boy
constantine
Napolean Dynamite
wedding crashers
happy gilmore
billy madison

arglebargle

Reaction score
silverbear;1354232 said:
I never have figured out if I liked Val Kilmer's Doc Holliday best, or Quaid's... I do know that I liked Kevin Costner's Wyatt better than Kurt Russell's, but I've never been a big Russell fan...

Sam Elliott and Bill Paxton were the better Earp brothers...

It was fascinating, having both movies come out so close together, seeing the different approach each took to the legend, even as they used some of the same historical lines...

Both were pretty good movies...

This reminded me: The Long Riders.

Though I do like Kurt Russell, I would have to watch them again to get a good idea who did it better.

arglebargle

Reaction score
MichaelWinicki;1354325 said:
For me Eli Wallach made "The Good, The Bad And The Ugly"...

"One ******* goes in and one ******* comes out"

"I like big fat men like you. When they fall they make more noise!"

"You want to know who you are? Huh? Huh? You don't, I do, everyone does... you're the son of a thousand fathers, all *******s like you."

"If you're gonna shoot, shoot. Don't talk."

Yeah, Eli stole the show in that one.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
continue with the sports theme

auto racing: six pack, cannonball run 1&2, stroker ace, days of thunder, driven, talladega nights the legend of ricky bobby

soccer: victory, mean machine, bend it like beckham

golf: caddyshack, happy gilmore

boxing: gladiator, rocky 1-4, teen wolf 2, penitentiary

basketball: the fish that saved pittsburgh, harlem globetrotters on gilligan's island, teen wolf, above the rim, white men cant jump

needforspeed

Legend in my spare time
Reaction score
Not necessarily top 10, but just fun to watch:

Maverick

What the Deaf Man Heard

Bingo Long Traveling All-Stars and Motor Kings

Top Secret

Airplane!

Ghostbusters

Stripes

Groundhog Day

CowboyJeff

Reaction score
Biggems;1353751 said:
...War - Full Metal Jacket...

ahhh...one of my favorite movies of all time. "If I'm gonna get my **** shot off for a word, that word is ********."

lane

The Chairman
Reaction score
lane;1353663 said:
the godfather 1 & 2
goodfellas
jaws
halloween
happy gilmore
the waterboy
vacation and christmas vacation
the shootist
braveheart
smokey and the bandit
urban cowboy
glory
freebird...the movie
the hollywood knights
pretty baby
napoleon dynamite
scarface
meet the parents
planes, trains and automobiles
tombstone
cahill..u.s. marshall
hoosiers
near dark
titanic
every which way but loose
the outlaw josey wales
coal miner's daughter
star wars and empire strikes back
saving private ryan
heat
rain man
risky business
me, myself and irene
the cable guy
mean girls
the hot chick

long list........but these are some of my favorites.

forgot

dodgeball
starsky and hutch
joe dirt
emmett otter's jug band christmas
coming to america
the nutty professor with eddie murphry
48 hours
drop dead gorgeous
blind date
the blues brothers

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
Hostile;1354213 said:
I love movie lines. Tombstone and Josey Wales have the best ever. Some of my favorites.

"Why Johnny Ringo, I do believe someone just walked over your grave."

"Dyin' ain't much of a living boy."

"Buzzards gotta eat, same as worms."

I use movie lines a great deal as replacements for the default Windows sounds... for the "Exclamation", it's Belushi in Animal House, hollerin' "Holy S***!!!"... it used to be Jerry Lee Lewis, singing "goodness gracious, Great Balls of Fire"...

When I have new mail, John Cleese pops up from one of the Monty Python bits; you hear an arrow thwacking into a tree, and Cleese says "Message for you, sir"...

I've already mentioned how I used the great line from Cool Hand Luke, but sadly, I just don't have a use for it now that I'm off dialup... one of the error dialogues is set to the line from Braveheart, "the good Lord tells me he can get me out of this mess, but he's pretty sure you're fooked"... yet another is Redford and Newman from Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid, the scene where they jump off the cliff-- "ohhhhh, SHIIIIIIII"... well, you get the idea...

And not that this is particularly relevant, but my Windows Start is "Texas Fight", as played by the UT marching band, my Exit Windows is "The Eyes of Texas"...

Got all my icons personalized too, mostly sports logos-- Cowboys and Horns and Orioles, oh my... LOL...

My computer is a reflection of me, I think... had a lot of fun getting it that way, early on I must have downloaded 500 different wav files, lines from movies, brief clips from songs... collected desktop themes, went into their folders and saved the icons and wav files I liked to folders I designated, trashed the rest... downloaded all sorts of screensavers, discarded three quarters of them after living with them briefly...

If I'm gonna spend that much time sittin' in front of the bleepin' thing, might as well fix it up, right?? :D

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
silverbear;1354232 said:
I never have figured out if I liked Val Kilmer's Doc Holliday best, or Quaid's... I do know that I liked Kevin Costner's Wyatt better than Kurt Russell's, but I've never been a big Russell fan...

Sam Elliott and Bill Paxton were the better Earp brothers...

It was fascinating, having both movies come out so close together, seeing the different approach each took to the legend, even as they used some of the same historical lines...

Both were pretty good movies...
As an old west quasi historian I have a lot of opinions on westerns that portray actual events. Earp was a shameless self promoter and his version of the events of OK Corral is the only known version to the majority of the world. Earp literally took this story to Hollywood himself trying to sell it.

I won't tell you which one to like better or bore you with some of the details that the popular storyline avoid, or even the eventual fate of Ike Clanton. I've studied all of it. I even know the great great nephew of Wyatt Earp, whose name is Wyatt Earp. No joke, he is a stuntman/gunfighter for the Arizona Gunfighters who do gunfight shows all over this state. Some of them appeared in a documentary I wrote and I get in to all of their shows for free. They do the popular version in their shows.

Long and short of this is, Wyatt was no saint like the Henry Fonda version in "My Darling Clementine" which is a great movie. Nor were his brothers or Doc. Were they more law abiding than the Clantons, et al? Probably. Those 2 movies come closer to the true story than almost 100 years of Earp's version. Therefore I like them both.

I agree with you that I like Costner better as Earp than Russell. Kilmer, for me, was Doc. I think he aced the part. Both stole the show in their movies in my opinion.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hostile;1355224 said:
As an old west quasi historian I have a lot of opinions on westerns that portray actual events. Earp was a shameless self promoter and his version of the events of OK Corral is the only known version to the majority of the world. Earp literally took this story to Hollywood himself trying to sell it.

I won't tell you which one to like better or bore you with some of the details that the popular storyline avoid, or even the eventual fate of Ike Clanton. I've studied all of it. I even know the great great nephew of Wyatt Earp, whose name is Wyatt Earp. No joke, he is a stuntman/gunfighter for the Arizona Gunfighters who do gunfight shows all over this state. Some of them appeared in a documentary I wrote and I get in to all of their shows for free. They do the popular version in their shows.

Long and short of this is, Wyatt was no saint like the Henry Fonda version in "My Darling Clementine" which is a great movie. Nor were his brothers or Doc. Were they more law abiding than the Clantons, et al? Probably. Those 2 movies come closer to the true story than almost 100 years of Earp's version. Therefore I like them both.

I agree with you that I like Costner better as Earp than Russell. Kilmer, for me, was Doc. I think he aced the part. Both stole the show in their movies in my opinion.

Interesting post Hos...

Isn't there some question about which group actually fired first? I mean the casualty list was pretty one-sided... it seems that either the Earps shot first or the Clanton group was composed of guys that couldn't hit the broad-side of a barn.

One of my favorite versions was a sorta "documentary" type 1-hour show that if I recall was done in the late 70's. It almost had a "You were there" feel to it. The action parts were done in black & white and had the picture quality of an old silent movie. It really struck me at the time.