Fight Club
Goodfellas
A Nightmare on Elm Street
The Godfather
Lord of the Rings trilogy
Se7en
The Shawskank Redemption
Saving Private Ryan

....also I like any Ben Stiller movies ( I think he's the funniest out of the ratpack of Will Farrell, Vince Vaughn, etc. )

great list, especially that first nightmare on elm street. that is really the only horror movie that ever scared me. i was a kid then, thats a classic.

Timbo2st

Benched
Reaction score
LatinMind;1353332 said:
great list, especially that first nightmare on elm street. that is really the only horror movie that ever scared me. i was a kid then, thats a classic.

Yea, it's definitely my favorite horror movie.

It was really clever. A killer that can get you in your dreams and obviously you have to fall asleep sometime, so you're pretty much screwed.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
Another fav I just remembered

Ace Ventura Pet Detective......ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLRIGHTY THEN

:lmao2:

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
LatinMind;1352991 said:
movies

1. collateral
2. the matrix
3. scarface
4. black hawk down
5. apocalypto
6. syriana
7. shawshank redemption
8. pulp fiction
9. stir of echoes
10. constantine

Coming up with 10 will be tough, though my top 2 are easy:

Braveheart... I have Scottish blood, and loved this movie from the first time I saw it...

Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid... a series of brilliantly funny vignettes, I could probably audition for a role in the remake of that movie... I know all the lines...

Now, in no particular order, some of my other favorites:

We Were Soldiers... perhaps the best war movie I've ever seen... Mel Gibson was great, and the cutaways to his wife back home, delivering the messages notifying families of the death of their soldiers, always gets to me...

Heat... Pacino and DeNiro at their very best (I happen to think that Al Pacino is the best pure actor of our time)... this movie also gives my THX sound system a real workout...

Tin Cup... a funny, funny movie about a game I dearly love... one of the best movie soundtracks ever, too... I just wish Costner had had a more believable golf swing...

The Legend of Bagger Vance... since we're talking about golf movies, I love this one too, but for a different reasons... the writer or writers of this one clearly love the game the way I do, and it shows in every scene... the guy who played Bobby Jones had himself a VERY authentic swing for the time portrayed, very loose and "handsy"...

Leap of Faith... Steve Martin as a cynical travelling evangelist, Meat Loaf as his choir director... GREAT gospel music, and an intriguing look into the shady practices of those latter day carnival hucksters... Martin proves once again that he can flat out MOVE those twinkly toes...

The Untouchables... Kevin Costner's best movie, I think, and Sean Connery was memorable... this movie evoked the era that it portrayed, perhaps better than any other I've seen...

Cool Hand Luke... the only "old" movie on my list... "what we have heah... is failure... to COMMUNICATE"...

Gardens of Stone... another Vietnam movie, this one set in DC, specfially the Old Guard (the ones that perform the burials at Arlington National Cemetery)... great cast, powerful script...

There are SO many others that came THIS close to making my list, movies like Twister (love the camaraderie of that crew of storm chasers, and the special effects) and My Cousin Vinny (just a funny movie)...

And if you want to start a thread about your 10 favorite "B" comedies, I could probably come up with one of them, including movies like Bachelor Party and Summer School... I kinda like those "B" comedies...

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
Yeagermeister;1353250 said:
Add those to my list also. How could I have forgotten Braveheart I named my dog after one of the actors. :banghead:

The good Lord tells me he can get me out of this mess, but he's pretty sure you're fooked... :D

tomson75

Brain Dead Shill
Reaction score
silverbear;1353407 said:
Coming up with 10 will be tough, though my top 2 are easy:

Braveheart... I have Scottish blood, and loved this movie from the first time I saw it...

Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid... a series of brilliantly funny vignettes, I could probably audition for a role in the remake of that movie... I know all the lines...

Now, in no particular order, some of my other favorites:

We Were Soldiers... perhaps the best war movie I've ever seen... Mel Gibson was great, and the cutaways to his wife back home, delivering the messages notifying families of the death of their soldiers, always gets to me...

Heat... Pacino and DeNiro at their very best (I happen to think that Al Pacino is the best pure actor of our time)... this movie also gives my THX sound system a real workout...

Tin Cup... a funny, funny movie about a game I dearly love... one of the best movie soundtracks ever, too... I just wish Costner had had a more believable golf swing...

The Legend of Bagger Vance... since we're talking about golf movies, I love this one too, but for a different reasons... the writer or writers of this one clearly love the game the way I do, and it shows in every scene... the guy who played Bobby Jones had himself a VERY authentic swing for the time portrayed, very loose and "handsy"...

Leap of Faith... Steve Martin as a cynical travelling evangelist, Meat Loaf as his choir director... GREAT gospel music, and an intriguing look into the shady practices of those latter day carnival hucksters... Martin proves once again that he can flat out MOVE those twinkly toes...

The Untouchables... Kevin Costner's best movie, I think, and Sean Connery was memorable... this movie evoked the era that it portrayed, perhaps better than any other I've seen...

Cool Hand Luke... the only "old" movie on my list... "what we have heah... is failure... to COMMUNICATE"...

Gardens of Stone... another Vietnam movie, this one set in DC, specfially the Old Guard (the ones that perform the burials at Arlington National Cemetery)... great cast, powerful script...

There are SO many others that came THIS close to making my list, movies like Twister (love the camaraderie of that crew of storm chasers, and the special effects) and My Cousin Vinny (just a funny movie)...

And if you want to start a thread about your 10 favorite "B" comedies, I could probably come up with one of them, including movies like Bachelor Party and Summer School... I kinda like those "B" comedies...

That's an outstanding list. Any one of those movies could be in my "top ten." Although I have not seen Gardens of Stone. Good stuff.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
1. American Graffiti
2. Lonesome Dove
3. The Great Escape
4. McLintock
5. Cool Hand Luke
6. Stalag 17
7. The Cowboys
8. Dumb & Dumber (shut up)
9. Rear Window (Hitchcock version)
10. The Godfather I

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
a few movies i left off my list that i love

tron
real genius
the toy -richard prior is the king
band of brothers

needforspeed

Legend in my spare time
Reaction score
In no particular order:

O Brother, Where Art Thou?

Uncle Buck

Liar, Liar

Dave

Sudden Impact ("Go ahead, make my day!")

Blast From the Past

The Mummy (Brendan Fraser, as well)

The Fast and The Furious

Quigley Down Under

Pale Rider

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
1. Shawshank Redemption
2. Jaws
3. The Shining (the Stanley Kubrick version)
4. Dawn of the Dead (first one)
5. Zulu
6. The Road Warrior
7. Glory
8. Willie Wonka and the Chocolate Factory
9. Kelly's Heroes
10.Young Frankenstein
11.Stand by Me

Yeah, I know...11. :)

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hostile;1353421 said:
1. American Graffiti
2. Lonesome Dove
3. The Great Escape
4. McLintock
5. Cool Hand Luke
6. Stalag 17
7. The Cowboys
8. Dumb & Dumber (shut up)
9. Rear Window (Hitchcock version)
10. The Godfather I

Good list Hos.

"Cool Hand Luke"-- the car wash scene... my gosh that's delicious!

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
MichaelWinicki;1353443 said:
1. Shawshank Redemption
2. Jaws
3. The Shining (the Stanley Kubrick version)
4. Dawn of the Dead (first one)
5. Zulu
6. The Road Warrior
7. Glory
8. Willie Wonka and the Chocolate Factory
9. Kelly's Heroes
10.Young Frankenstein
11.Stand by Me

Yeah, I know...11. :)

im guessing shawshank is in alot of peoples favorites

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
LatinMind;1353448 said:
im guessing shawshank is in alot of peoples favorites

I think it was on IMDB where "Shawshank" was rated the #2 greatest movie of all time.

An amazing movie...

I own one of the "Queen Mary" tins that Red finds the money in-- I actually had it before the movie ever came out.

Payton34Smith22

Reaction score
1.LOTR Trilogy
1.X-Men Trilogy
2.Star Wars Trilogy
3.Big Lebowski
4.Tombstone
5.Black Hawk Down
6.Heat
7.The Last Samurai
8.Braveheart
9.Man On Fire
10.Scarface

Argh!!! 10s not enough lol!

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
silverbear;1353413 said:
The good Lord tells me he can get me out of this mess, but he's pretty sure you're fooked... :D

Your island?

Yes it's MINE

:laugh1:

Rocky

Reaction score
No certain Order:

Glory
Slingblade
Airplane
Braveheart
Stripes
House Of Flying Daggers
Last Of The Mohicans
Rocky
RESERVOIR DOGS
Millers' Crossing

Beyond Rangoon(honorable Mention)

So many worthy flicks I would include if a top 50 list was solicited

arglebargle

Reaction score
OOh, had to go through and make my list. Mostly based on what I like to see over and over. Now I will have to check out the others and see what I might have missed.

In no particular order.

1) Princess Mononoke (anime)

2) Evil Dead 2

3) L.A. Story

4) Road Warrior (Mad Max 2)

5) LOTR

6)Drunken Master 2 (Jacky Chan)

7) Alien 1 or 2 (depending on mood)

8) Saving Private Ryan

9) Bladerunner

10) A Funny Thing Happened on a Way to the Forum

arglebargle

Reaction score
Dang, Heat and Zulu good picks! I forgot my favorite John Wayne film, El Dorado. I scold myself....