Your top 10 possibilities at 28

fishspill

Reaction score
We have our 3T. Malik Collins. If McDowell cannot play 1T or DE, we should not draft him.
He can play anywhere you want him to. I think what's important is you put him somewhere he can spend most of the time the first year so he can learn the spot well and refine his terrible technique. You can add on other things as he masters the old spot.

Reaction score
He can play anywhere you want him to. I think what's important is you put him somewhere he can spend most of the time the first year so he can learn the spot well and refine his terrible technique. You can add on other things as he masters the old spot.
I like him, and would take the chance on his raw ability, but only if we project him at a DE. Just don't have room for another DT on this roster. I see Ty Craw going back to DT this year.

fishspill

Reaction score
I like him, and would take the chance on his raw ability, but only if we project him at a DE. Just don't have room for another DT on this roster. I see Ty Craw going back to DT this year.
I'd probably slot him at DT right now. I loved the Thornton signing but he hasn't done enough not to be disposable. Collins, Paea, Crawford, McDowell would be the DT core I'd envision.

Edit: You could still keep Thornton even then, of course.

Reaction score
I'd probably slot him at DT right now. I loved the Thornton signing but he hasn't done enough not to be disposable. Collins, Paea, Crawford, McDowell would be the DT core I'd envision.

Edit: You could still keep Thornton even then, of course.
I could live with that. Especially if they think Tapper can play well at DE and D Law is healed.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
There is always room for more talent.

McDowell can play either DE spot or DT. They could play him at DE on base downs and DT in the Nickel.

The Cowboys could have drafted LeSean McCoy in the 2nd round in 2009, but they had Felix and Barber. They had McCoy rated as a 1st round pick, but traded down. Always take top tier talent when it's available.