Your "What am I missing?" players?

tm1119

Reaction score
Kwitty paye.
I just don't see a top edge guy on the games I watched. Can't put my finger on it, and he's rising upboards and I've gone back to try to find it.
I should stick to gin.....

I like Paye, BUT...

If you’re picking top 15 and looking for a dominant pass rushing edge...Paye is definitely not your guy.

If you’re picking like 18 or later and you’re looking for an early starter at SDE that will be very good vs the run and get you 6-9 sacks per year...Paye is your guy.

Although I will say that the speed, agility, and bend does seem to be there for more pass rush potential...it’s just definitely not there now

vicjagger

Reaction score
So if the best pure edge rusher in the draft isn't listed as an edge rusher, do you just take him anyway and stick him on the edge?

timb2

Reaction score
Patrick Jones DE Pittsburgh. Lead in sacks in FBS. Has the size,speed. Why isn't he higher?

exciter

Reaction score
Alex Leatherwood still seems closer to a 5th round pick to me than a 1st round pick. Dude plays with cement feet.

And speaking of Bama, I don't get it with Mac Jones either. He's a limited physical talent, so you'll hear words like "accuracy", "pocket awareness", and "game manager" being thrown around. But the guy stood in squeaky-clean pockets behind a wall of future NFL linemen (there's better guys on that OL than Leatherwood) and hit wide-open throws to future NFL receivers in blowout games. In the words of Office Space, "what would you say you really do here..." He's AJ McCarron with a better stat line.
Strikes me more as the 2nd coming of Danny Wuerfel but yeah agree. Really hope Washington gets him lol!

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Alex Leatherwood still seems closer to a 5th round pick to me than a 1st round pick. Dude plays with cement feet.

And speaking of Bama, I don't get it with Mac Jones either. He's a limited physical talent, so you'll hear words like "accuracy", "pocket awareness", and "game manager" being thrown around. But the guy stood in squeaky-clean pockets behind a wall of future NFL linemen (there's better guys on that OL than Leatherwood) and hit wide-open throws to future NFL receivers in blowout games. In the words of Office Space, "what would you say you really do here..." He's AJ McCarron with a better stat line.

Yeah, I don’t see him as a OT at all. I think his future is at OG if anywhere.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Patrick Jones DE Pittsburgh. Lead in sacks in FBS. Has the size,speed. Why isn't he higher?

Not sure why either if guys like Joe Tryon are getting projected higher than he is. He physical looks like an all-world specimen. Good production his junior and senior year

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Surtain.

I love the player and think he’s going to be a solid pro but the talk of top 10 doesn’t make sense to me as I think he’s an average NFL athlete for CB standards. More polished version of Diggs IMO.
Diggs was the best rookie cornerback in the NFL but I get your argument.:rolleyes::rolleyes::facepalm: But seriously I watched some tape on Stokes from Georgia last night and think he is underrated. I don’t see why he is not in the running for top cornerback in this class. Somebody will steal him in the late first round early second.

tm1119

Reaction score

I think Jones is going to get treated pretty similarly to Bradlee Anae...they both look the part on tape and tons of production to back it up, but once you put their measurables on paper they don’t look nearly as good. I’m not saying Jones (or Anae) can’t/won’t be a good player, but it’s just the reality of how the draft works.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
I think Jones is going to get treated pretty similarly to Bradlee Anae...they both look the part on tape and tons of production to back it up, but once you put their measurables on paper they don’t look nearly as good. I’m not saying Jones (or Anae) can’t/won’t be a good player, but it’s just the reality of how the draft works.

I don’t see Jones and Anae alike at all.

Jones looks exactly the way you’d draw up a DE on paper. 6’-4.5” 264 lbs

84-B7105-E-F7-D5-4-EBA-9-BCA-2-CD2-C2723-A71.jpg

tm1119

Reaction score
I don’t see Jones and Anae alike at all.

Jones looks exactly the way you’d draw up a DE on paper. 6’-4.5” 264 lbs

84-B7105-E-F7-D5-4-EBA-9-BCA-2-CD2-C2723-A71.jpg

6’4 is nice in theory...but 32” arm length with a 79.5” wingspan is just ok at best. Anae has 32” arms a 78” wingspan at 6’2.

There’s also the fact that he ran a 5.08 40 as a 220 high school SR and wasn’t regarded as a great athlete in general making him a 2 star recruit. Obviously he could have made improvements, but they would have to be pretty dramatic improvements.

But again, I’m not saying any of this is the end all be all for how he will play. Just pointing out the facts that on paper he’s an edge player with average length and will most likely test below average athletically (Much like Anae). Of course we all know there are plenty of guys where the stuff on paper doesn’t matter and they’re just good football players....

Verdict

Reaction score
I can’t figure out why Creed Humphrey isn’t in the conversation as a first round pick. He might be the best center prospect this year in the NFL. He was dominate as a freshman at OU and was arguably the best player on the line as a freshman.

I’m interested in finding out how he turns out as an NFL player.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
I can’t figure out why Creed Humphrey isn’t in the conversation as a first round pick. He might be the best center prospect this year in the NFL. He was dominate as a freshman at OU and was arguably the best player on the line as a freshman.

I’m interested in finding out how he turns out as an NFL player.

What’s scary is Creed’s not even half the player his brother, Nickelback Humphrey is.

cnuball21

Reaction score
Diggs was the best rookie cornerback in the NFL but I get your argument.:rolleyes::rolleyes::facepalm: But seriously I watched some tape on Stokes from Georgia last night and think he is underrated. I don’t see why he is not in the running for top cornerback in this class. Somebody will steal him in the late first round early second.

Maybe, but he still got roasted a lot. Rookie corners are just usually bad.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Maybe, but he still got roasted a lot. Rookie corners are just usually bad.
Yeah especially if the rookies play next to the slowest safeties in the league. If we bring back Woods and the Boise St. guy who was on the Cleveland Browns and Seahawks highlights tape we are not beating anyone.

Ring6

StarSchema
Reaction score
I'm too invested in the 3rd round to worry about rounds 1 and 2.

Best player available on our board in round 1.

Best player of need in round 2. (hint hint CB or Safety)

Just make sure its Tyler Shelvin in the 3rd, and all will be fine.

timb2

Reaction score
Tamorrion Terry WR Florida State

He holds out over Covid and Draftniks want to make him a 4th or 5th round pick. Rashawn Slater OT Northwestern does the same and he is still rated a 1st rounder. If Terry is there in the bottom of the 3rd round for our compensation pick,Cowboys better run to the podium with his name.

J-man

Reaction score
Fields is top of the list. I don't see anything but athleticism. He has "ave at best" written all over him.
OT Eichenburg to me seems like a run blocking player taht should be a OG rather than a LT, can he stop a speed rusher at all?
Paye seems like a bust about to happen. Nothing he does is special, just ave with no real upside either.