You're Mike McCarthy How do address this team?

cowboys1981

Reaction score
Find out who talked and cut them right away. I'd also be in that film room day and night. I'd replace players who simply can't play. Worley, Griffen, Poe would already be gone. I'd tell the players on defense to take off the "Hot Boys" merchandise and stop using it. Nick names are earned.

But....

The culture still has the same feel of no accountability. It's a country club. We have nothing but flash and no substance.

75boyz

Reaction score
Gotta disagree here.

A coach like Big Mac is precisely the type of coach to take a job in a situation where he knows the Jones' are really running the Cowboys' team.

The Packers fired Big Mac in early December of 2018, so teams had an excellent opportunity to vet him for 1 of the 7 head coach openings that existed after that season came to an end.

How many job offers did Big Mac receive after the 2018 season? ZERO, NONE, NADA.

Towards the end of 2019 (and remember he was still being paid by GB in 2019) Big Mac and his astute agent began utilizing their media contacts to push the narrative that Big Mac was a changed man - refreshed, newly flexible in his thinking, and a true convert to analytics.

How many job offers did Big Mac get after this media push ...?

Anyway, Big Mac is the ultimate Company Man and he will remain as loyal to those who cut his checks as any well bred lap dog is to its owner who provides food and shelter.

If Jerry is telling him to just take it in the shorts, Big Mac will undoubtedly and enthusiastically respond "Yes sir" with a smile on his face ... just like when Jerry told him who his OC would be.

Yep,
Sounds just like every other post Parcells HC lackey yes man puppet hire that the infamous Father and Son Jones team has pimped off to the public.

Hook, Line and Sinker.

Another fraud being paraded as some pitiful feel good coach reclamation project.

Sad that most of you bought it and continue to. Fire this loser and find another already.

Red Dragon

Reaction score
Gentlemen, this is the ****** National Football League. I've seen what Super Bowl material is, and you guys ARE NOT IT!

......not YET.

Play some *******football! It starts this upcoming weekend, by beating the tar out of the Washington-Formerly-Named-a-Racial-Slurs!

Andy Dalton, you best be doing some Red Riflin' this upcoming game or you are gone and the Ben DiNucci era officially begins! Start quarterbacking like the guy who led the Bengals to 5 playoff appearances in the league's toughest division!

Mike Nolan, you ******** ****** ********, start coaching up the defense! 35 points allowed per game and no shame? The only reason you haven't been fired yet is because the man who signs your checks is the easiest and most mediocre GM owner in the league!

Gentlemen, you have been gifted a ONCE-IN-A-GENERATION weak NFC East, and you still cannot capitalize on it? Next year, these Eagles, Giants and Former-Racial-Slurs won't be so weak! SEIZE THE DAY MEN!

Buzzbait

Reaction score
You guys worship Aaron Rodgers who completely trashed McCarthy's play calling, and you want to him to have play calling duties now?
Well I don't worship Rodgers, and I think Jerry twisted McCarthy's arm to keep Moore as play caller, which was a mistake. I also think they should fire Nolan.......NOW.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
I'm prepared to sit EVERY mother****** in here and play the backups. Then you can take your talents elsewhere. I'm trying to build a winner, and your attitudes are what I'm analyzing right now, and so far, I think I have my answer.

Mk2_Cowboys

Reaction score
I would call for a team meeting with owner and executives . I would announce my immediate resignation due to incompetence and make sure I let everybody know that as long as Jerry is in charge this organizations has no chance .
That’s what I would do if I was McCarthy,

Hoofbite

Reaction score
I'd go with the Lou Brown approach:

Hi there! My name is Mike. I know most some of you haven't met me before - particularly on the OL - but I’m not much for giving inspirational addresses. I’d just like to point out that every newspaper in the country has picked us to finish last. The local press seems to think we’d save everyone a lot of time and trouble if we just went out and shot ourselves. Me? I’m for wasting sportswriters’ time, so I’d like to hang around a see if we can give them all a nice big ****burger to eat.

HotDog37

Reaction score
Anyone that can't give 100% get out. Anyone that wants to tweet about internal issues get out. Anyone that is out of shape get out. Moore I like you but you're out sorry I run a WCO offense and you run Garrett's offense. Nolan you have 3 weeks get them in shape or you're gone my friend. If jerry doesn't like it then I'm out too.

cowboyed

Reaction score
Anyone that can't give 100% get out. Anyone that wants to tweet about internal issues get out. Anyone that is out of shape get out. Moore I like you but you're out sorry I run a WCO offense and you run Garrett's offense. Nolan you have 3 weeks get them in shape or you're gone my friend. If jerry doesn't like it then I'm out too.

I am with you in spirit, but the problem is there would only be a handful of players left.

cowboyed

Reaction score
Its time to give your Sunday pregame speech before we hit the filed for the Washing game. Anonymous hasn't come forward. What do you say to this team? Me:

Okay guys, Let's get some things out of the way.
Anybody don't know their assignments, raise your hand.

Raise your hand if you're not prepared to play.

Anybody feel like they didn't get enough coaching this week?

By the lack of hands, I'd say we all know our assignments, we're all prepared, and we feel adequately coached. And just so we're clear, I'm not going to pick up a paper and see some Anonymous a$$bag making some chickensh!* comment about not being prepared, not being given assignments, and not be coached.

For those of you who slept through meetings and are just joining the program we're playing the 1-5 Washington Football Team.

I am thinking...“I’ve listened to Ariana Grande’s new song 17 times today. Thoughts?”

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
If I'm suddenly Mike McCarthy, I'm addressing the team by announcing my resignation to report to fat camp.

cowboyed

Reaction score
"You are men, except you Kellen Moore, you are a buck-toothed hermaphrodite".

ItzKelz

Reaction score
Its time to give your Sunday pregame speech before we hit the filed for the Washing game. Anonymous hasn't come forward. What do you say to this team? Me:

Okay guys, Let's get some things out of the way.
Anybody don't know their assignments, raise your hand.

Raise your hand if you're not prepared to play.

Anybody feel like they didn't get enough coaching this week?

By the lack of hands, I'd say we all know our assignments, we're all prepared, and we feel adequately coached. And just so we're clear, I'm not going to pick up a paper and see some Anonymous a$$bag making some chickensh!* comment about not being prepared, not being given assignments, and not be coached.

For those of you who slept through meetings and are just joining the program we're playing the 1-5 Washington Football Team.
Dak is not here to save you! Save yourselves and my job!!!!