Youtube Scouting: Timmy Jernigan

bodi

Reaction score
The pass rush still remains the biggest need on this team and Timmy compliments Melton well as the 1 tech, but I believe he is athletic enough to play the 3 tech in the Tampa 2 as well.

Jernigan brought the most nasty to the game and that’s what this defense is lacking.

This team needs a big nasty DT that can collapse the pocket.

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
I have a hard time getting excited over Jernigan...I just don't see any "wow" from him. I see him get double teamed and completely blown out of the play with almost no resistance. I see the delayed reaction to the snap....I know it is the "style" they play but I would like to see him react on the snap....even if he is to read and react. You don't have to be the slowest one out of your stance every play to be "read and react"...In fact, I think you would be giving yourself more time to read and react if you were out of your stance faster.

kiheikiwi

Maui No Ka Oi
Reaction score
If Donald and Barr were gone, I would take Jernigan in a heart beat. Throw him in next to melton, and shore up the interior. Still pick up another 1 and 3 tech later and call the DTackle position good.
Not sure I understand why they would be so opposed to taking a 1-tech - that would solidify the position for years to come. The Floyd comparisome not withstanding. If they think taking a guard in the first would solidify the Oline, would not the same be true of a Jernigan for the Dline ? All we hear is Broddus say it, so if it is really ture, I would be asking Marrinelli after the draft - why not. It just makes too much sense ! Lets get a definative answer - not heresay ...