Youtube Song "cover" videos

TheMightyVanHalen

Reaction score
Yes, and that stretch is a real booger. Very good workout for your neck hand. In Edward's live solo in 81 he expanded on that last section which was pretty cool.
Check out at 1:13:10 secs in

I lost track of how many times I've watched that video. It's very grainy and it's an audience recording too, but since I seen that tour I can piece it all together with memories. October 9th here in San Antonio, which was Dave's birthday show. I was in the 8th grade. I'll never forget. My all time favorite show. It sucks that us VH fans only have these type of videos to remanence over. The three 1981 Oakland videos are the only quality videos we have. Say what you want about Gene Simmons, but at least he was smart enough to hire film crews to document their early years. They've made a fortune with KISS box-sets with never seen before concerts.

JohnnyTheFox

Achilleslastand
Reaction score
I lost track of how many times I've watched that video. It's very grainy and it's an audience recording too, but since I seen that tour I can piece it all together with memories. October 9th here in San Antonio, which was Dave's birthday show. I was in the 8th grade. I'll never forget. My all time favorite show. It sucks that us VH fans only have these type of videos to remanence over. The three 1981 Oakland videos are the only quality videos we have. Say what you want about Gene Simmons, but at least he was smart enough to hire film crews to document their early years. They've made a fortune with KISS box-sets with never seen before concerts.

The monster lick he does at 1:10:24 was used in the solo to You're No Good. Easily one of the best. Another band i adore{Rush} has a ton of stuff out there if fans are interested. Box sets, anniversary sets, tons of stuff. Van Halen for whatever reason just didn't record it or its also possible whatever is available is locked away in Edward's "vault". They could have done a 40th anniversary box set back in 2018 for the first album but instead did nothing. BTW have you heard the Gene Simmons "Zero" demos?

TheMightyVanHalen

Reaction score
The monster lick he does at 1:10:24 was used in the solo to You're No Good. Easily one of the best. Another band i adore{Rush} has a ton of stuff out there if fans are interested. Box sets, anniversary sets, tons of stuff. Van Halen for whatever reason just didn't record it or its also possible whatever is available is locked away in Edward's "vault". They could have done a 40th anniversary box set back in 2018 for the first album but instead did nothing. BTW have you heard the Gene Simmons "Zero" demos?

I use to hang out at the RothArmy, one of posters there asked me question to see if I was a true fan or just a troll, I answered it right and he sent me a box full of bootleg CDs and one was the Gene Simmons demo. I even had a recording with Dance The Night Away originally titled Dance Lolita Dance, which is rare. My best friend wanted to copy all the Cds so I gave him all the CDs but his witch of a wife kicked him out of the house and threw away all his belongings including those CDs. Ugh! There was some DVDs in there too from Dave's Eat 'Em Smile and Skyscraper tour.

I first seen Rush on their Permanent Waves tour. I actually fell asleep at that show. I was awaken by the crowd going nuts when Geddy said "The Professor on Drums." I went to the Moving Pictures tour too. I didn't like them as a live band back then. I was use to seeing Van Halen run around the stage with tons of energy. Rush wasn't about that. I didn't go to another Rush show until the Snakes & Arrows tour. I now respect them way way more now than then. As a bass player myself, I think Geddy is the best rock bassist on the planet. I patterned my style after players like Michael Anthony, Simmons, Bob Daisley, and Peter Baltes for metal. I use to be in a cover band and we played Anthem, Bastille Day and 2112, but I don't think I could play songs like YYZ. Totally different style than mine.

JohnnyTheFox

Achilleslastand
Reaction score
I use to hang out at the RothArmy, one of posters there asked me question to see if I was a true fan or just a troll, I answered it right and he sent me a box full of bootleg CDs and one was the Gene Simmons demo. I even had a recording with Dance The Night Away originally titled Dance Lolita Dance, which is rare. My best friend wanted to copy all the Cds so I gave him all the CDs but his witch of a wife kicked him out of the house and threw away all his belongings including those CDs. Ugh! There was some DVDs in there too from Dave's Eat 'Em Smile and Skyscraper tour.

I first seen Rush on their Permanent Waves tour. I actually fell asleep at that show. I was awaken by the crowd going nuts when Geddy said "The Professor on Drums." I went to the Moving Pictures tour too. I didn't like them as a live band back then. I was use to seeing Van Halen run around the stage with tons of energy. Rush wasn't about that. I didn't go to another Rush show until the Snakes & Arrows tour. I now respect them way way more now than then. As a bass player myself, I think Geddy is the best rock bassist on the planet. I patterned my style after players like Michael Anthony, Simmons, Bob Daisley, and Peter Baltes for metal. I use to be in a cover band and we played Anthem, Bastille Day and 2112, but I don't think I could play songs like YYZ. Totally different style than mine.

That is awesome. Years ago someone at ClassicVanHalen.com sent me a copy of the Zero demos after i mailed him a local magazine documenting Van Halen's history in Oklahoma. So the copy of DTNA you heard, was it entitled Dance Lolita Dance or no? I heard this before and thought they should have kept that as the title. The story behind the song is funny, one night in between sets in their club days they happen upon a couple in the parking lot having some fun. They invite them in to see the show, the girl is so excited she puts her jeans on backwards and danced in front of Roth the whole night long drunk and with her jeans on backwards. Roth talks about it in his book as does Noel Monk in his. Both great reads btw.

I can't say enough good things about Rush. Saw them many times starting with the same tour as you. Also saw them opening night in Tulsa for the R40 tour which was awesome. I love all of their material but must admit i prefer everything Moving Pictures and before. Amazing musicians, every one of them. Probably one of the best ever.

pete026

Reaction score
This isn't really a cover but it showed up on my feed and this seemed like the best fit. They even did a Neil motorcycle tribute. No big schnoz for Geddy as far as I could tell lol. Pretty impressive marching.

JohnnyTheFox

Achilleslastand
Reaction score
This isn't really a cover but it showed up on my feed and this seemed like the best fit. They even did a Neil motorcycle tribute. No big schnoz for Geddy as far as I could tell lol. Pretty impressive marching.

I got to say as a huge Rush fan this is beyond awesome. The motorcycle thing was so cool.