You've got to admit it about Quinn

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
His defenses frequently don't hold up at the end. They're completely gassed from being on the field and bending all day. Then, they break.

@JaredGoff
Especially when the offense is having QUICK 3 and outs, can't score off a defensive turnover!!

JW82

JJ21
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
DQ is the perfect DC for the ultimate front runner team.

SquidwardTentacles

Reaction score
he has done good, and anyone who is saying he hasn't is fooling themselves bigly!! lol, he's been bad recently, but when we were winning etc and making plays, everyone loved him.
You can't be part time good.
You're either good or not.

Sunday he was horrid

Bigrandrn

Reaction score
When things were good, they were GOOD. Look at how he fixed the safety position on this team, this was a position that wasn't valued on this team for years. Look at his input into signing players like a Hankins because he knew we needed bigger bodies. Also might I include Ridgeway, Bohanna, Mazi Smith etc. He's also had personal meetings and worked out players on the DL who he really liked. Did it turn out well, did we draft the other guy he liked last year, no, but he still has a good eye for working with DL guys. Now as far as the playoff game, we know he wasn't great, this season hasn't been great at times. We can't just act like the guy didn't come in here and change things around from the previous disaster of a coach we had. If he does return, I think he sees what the issues are, it's time to get bigger and more aggressive. Putting guys in position who aren't the right size, has to be looked at closer, because it's hurting our defense. Please give your thoughts......
I just want to hear his rationale for his gameplan against GB…..why he went 6db against GB 12 personnel, why he went zone when they played man most of the season and played it well, why there were zero adjustments. That was a piss poor performance, scheme, lack of adjustments, preparation…and effort, we need to hear why if we are ever gonna really have faith in this team performing when it matters. We need a better culture.

calicowboy54

Reaction score
When things were good, they were GOOD. Look at how he fixed the safety position on this team, this was a position that wasn't valued on this team for years. Look at his input into signing players like a Hankins because he knew we needed bigger bodies. Also might I include Ridgeway, Bohanna, Mazi Smith etc. He's also had personal meetings and worked out players on the DL who he really liked. Did it turn out well, did we draft the other guy he liked last year, no, but he still has a good eye for working with DL guys. Now as far as the playoff game, we know he wasn't great, this season hasn't been great at times. We can't just act like the guy didn't come in here and change things around from the previous disaster of a coach we had. If he does return, I think he sees what the issues are, it's time to get bigger and more aggressive. Putting guys in position who aren't the right size, has to be looked at closer, because it's hurting our defense. Please give your thoughts......
Ive said this before ill say it again, we need more talent at DT, LB on defense to truly compete. until we have those we are going to have games like this.

with Seattle he had 3DT playing on the line and a LEO (Parsons) here we are playing a undersized 3T at 285LBs 1 NT at 330lbs and a 255 DE in LAW with 215lb Safties playing LB where in Seattle he had a trio of hard hitting big LBs that could run.

we need to Sign / Draft more 300+lb DTs and min 3 LBs. LVE is done Overshown is still going to be recovering & Clark is a rotational guy and thats pretty much it. you need min 2 more LBs starting caliber. Resign Hankins and Draft/FA another 300+lb starter. move Mazi to the end and get some weight/strength back on that guy. then you can run legion of boom defense

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
he's just so cool with that backward hat, didn't you guys see his badasp suit all in black when he got his butt kicked.
Stay the course, jerry.

SquidwardTentacles

Reaction score
I get it. Quinn took a really bad defense and made them good. But they have been exposed. What he did with the defense against the Packers was inexcusable. Maybe he has an explanation.

I will be the first to admit that ignoring the interior defensive line, or making it an afterthought for so many years is a big part of the problem. And I also admit that I do not know who is responsible for some of the questionable moves we saw this year.

For example, whose decision was it to go light on LBs this year? Who chose to let Evans and Harper go when they were already down Overshown and LVE? Who told Mazi to lose so much weight when this defense was already small? Imagine trying to play NFL football against 330 lbs offensive linemen while you are in the process f dropping 40 lbs. Who had Micah dropping into coverage on 3rd and 9? I don't care if it was once or twice. Who lined Micah up against Trent Williams most of that game when he should have been exploiting the weaker side of the 49ers OL? Who decided to start playing so soft about 11 games into the season? Who decided to play zone against GB when clearly the players were not prepared for it. Receivers were wide open all day due to blown coverages. Who was responsible for that?

I think Jerry and Mike McCarthy will grill Quinn on all of these topics before Jerry makes a decision but unless Quinn admits he needs to go bigger in the middle I would let him go.

Whenever I hear the Cowboys are soft, and not physical enough I think that starts with the defense. I think the teams plays like the coach coaches. The defense needs to be more physical by a lot. Does Quinn have that in him? His defense is not playing like a team of disciplined football players. That's on him.
If they were good, what did they get exposed as?

Exposed means you are not what you appear, ie., you are not good

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
I don’t think the safety position is fixed at all. Hooker and Kearse were both poor last season. Wilson is a decent player but inconsistent.
:hammer: ....Did Hooker even make a play this season? You would think a free safety in this defense would have a ton of interceptions...

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
:hammer: ....Did Hooker even make a play this season? You would think a free safety in this defense would have a ton of interceptions...
At this point in his career Hooker is the kind of guy that doesn't make big plays but doesn't give up that many either. The pass defense did get worse when he missed a couple games with an ankle so for the most part he did his job this season.

TwistedL0g1k

Reaction score
Replacing Quinn will make little difference. He'll just be this year's scapegoat like KM was last year.
The defensive roster needs a few pieces yet.

The FAR bigger problem is the chokasaurus QB, but JJ won't admit he was wrong about Dak.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Quinn’s use of Parsons was indefensible. He refused to sure up the run D by getting more size in the front 7. He succeeded only when he could unleash the DEs when they had a lead. He never adjusts.
The guy sucks. He built his reputation off the backs of a defense that might have 5 Hall of Famers. He drove Atlanta into the ground. The guy is an average coach at best.

SquidwardTentacles

Reaction score
Replacing Quinn will make little difference. He'll just be this year's scapegoat like KM was last year.
The defensive roster needs a few pieces yet.

The FAR bigger problem is the chokasaurus QB, but JJ won't admit he was wrong about Dak.
A Defense cannot just suck that bad and the coordinator not take the blame. It's not fixable if you let the guy who built it try to fix it.

The offense is pukey bad as well

dfense

Reaction score
Vince Lombardi wasn't going to coach this defense to a championship. Did the fans watch the game? You cannot have a LB (Clark) that is absolutely clueless flanked by 210 lb safety's and not expect to be exposed. The only chance we had all year was to get a big lead and make the other team throw the ball.

Any games where it was close, or the other team was physical running the ball, we were destroyed.

We need LB's in the worst way. Biggest need for this team IMO.
Yup, When you are super thin at LBer, use a 210lb safety as a MLB and rush the passer on every down with the other LBer, and most of your defensive packages utilize only two LBers, you are in trouble.

visionary

Reaction score
No i dont have to admit it

I have always said that great defense relies on talent, discipline, communication, tackling and physicality. A defense that lacks these and relies on TOs is a mirage

That is exactly how it turned out

I would have loved to have traded Diggs last year and would be ok with trading Parsons this year. These are not team first players

rambo2

Reaction score
When things were good, they were GOHOD. Look at how he fixed the safety position on this team, this was a position that wasn't valued on this team for years. Look at his input into signing players like a Hankins because he knew we needed bigger bodies. Also might I include Ridgeway, Bohanna, Mazi Smith etc. He's also had personal meetings and worked out players on the DL who he really liked. Did it turn out well, did we draft the other guy he liked last year, no, but he still has a good eye for working with DL guys. Now as far as the playoff game, we know he wasn't great, this season hasn't been great at times. We can't just act like the guy didn't come in here and change things around from the previous disaster of a coach we had. If he does return, I think he sees what the issues are, it's time to get bigger and more aggressive. Putting guys in position who aren't the right size, has to be looked at closer, because it's hurting our defense. Please give your thoughts......
He made a big mistake by playing a hurt Gillmore and going zone to hide him.