Za’ven Collins

unionjack8

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Cooling down on Collins after reading this:

“He posted a tackling grade below 69.0 in each of his three years with Tulsa, with 37 misses on 253 total attempts. That career missed tackle rate of 14.6% is the worst of any player on this list.” Per PFF
He'll fit right in

cnuball21

Reaction score
He'll fit right in

LoL...

On a positive note the dude is a play maker with + instincts. I think cleaning up tackling shouldn't be too hard with good coaching due to his size / length.

You can't teach his size / athleticism / instincts so it isn't a major red flag just something that would keep me from drafting him in the 1st.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score

“He posted a tackling grade below 69.0 in each of his three years with Tulsa, with 37 misses on 253 total attempts. That career missed tackle rate of 14.6% is the worst of any player on this list.” Per PFF

Curious if the article had grades for some of the LB prospects?

unionjack8

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
LoL...

On a positive note the dude is a play maker with + instincts. I think cleaning up tackling shouldn't be too hard with good coaching due to his size / length.

You can't teach his size / athleticism / instincts so it isn't a major red flag just something that would keep me from drafting him in the 1st.
I like his game alot but I've heard far too often that tackling can be cleaned up, its a real scare for me, he can be a difference maker but we miss far too many tackles as a team

Gaede

Reaction score

Sounds even more like LVE now!

cnuball21

Reaction score
I like his game alot but I've heard far too often that tackling can be cleaned up, its a real scare for me, he can be a difference maker but we miss far too many tackles as a team

I get it...I just see it as something that is coachable. There's a lot to like about the kid but it is a watch out.

alicetooljam

Reaction score
Zaven getting his high school jersey retired yesterday. He speaks around 14:20 (but its all pretty good) to the small student body K-12 and town.

Last edited:

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
You don't have to be an amazing tackler when you're a 260 lb man. Physics will do a lot of the work for you.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
I wouldn't mind seeing them trade down with NE at 15 and taking him.

Starting to feel like Fields will be there at 10. With Horn, Surtain and Collins all most likely still on the board it would be a no-brainer to trade back a few spots.

Rayman70

Reaction score
you dont see too many 6ft 3 or 6ft 4 linebackers that weigh 260 pounds and can move with ease like him. He makes plays and is smart.If we trade down to 15 I'm cool with picking him.

Teague31

Defender of the Star
Reaction score
A whole lot of smoke out there on this guy. I absolutely think one of their scenarios is to take corner at 10 and trade back up into the late first for this guy. Not saying I agree with it but I can see it happening

chagus

Reaction score
I had not seen this guys highlights. Wow.

Yes, please and thank you.