Za’ven Collins

Daygoboy6191

Reaction score
I think he's fairly similar to LVE as a prospect / player. I'd let him play MIKE and man the middle.

Quinn likes smaller faster LB's to play the MIKE.
I wonder if Quinn might see Collins as a LEO type player like Bruce Irvin.

cnuball21

Reaction score
Quinn likes smaller faster LB's to play the MIKE.
I wonder if Quinn might see Collins as a LEO type player like Bruce Irvin.

IMO the LEO is more of a pass rusher that can cover a little bit...not a LBr that can rush a little bit.

I think Collins’ best football is off the ball LBr. He doesn’t have elite speed, but I think he’s fast enough for today’s NFL.

Mr_437

Reaction score
I really like Collins. Versatility, instincts, and playmaking ability is very good... coverage, pass rush and run stopping ability in a 6-4, 260 frame. Might be on a island but .I wouldn't be the least bit upset with Collins at 10. If he was drafted by the Cowboys he'd be the best LB on the squad Day 1. Oh, and I'd put him at MLB.

Collins will go to a winning team tho which is great for him.

You don't have a MIKE in Dallas! The middle of the defense is Charmin, but if you get Collins n McNeil/whoever with SS Wilson/Neal helping in the run game too...now we got something going.

Verdammung

Reaction score
You can't convince me that the team that drafted CeeDee Lamb last year because he was the BPA is considering drafting Zaven Collins at #10.

Gaede

Reaction score
You can't convince me that the team that drafted CeeDee Lamb last year because he was the BPA is considering drafting Zaven Collins at #10.
As much as I like Collins, this is exactly right.

There will likely be 3-5 really good prospects sitting there at 10, and Collins isn't in that tier of players

Plankton

Reaction score
I think Collins can be a MLB in this scheme along the lines of Urlacher or Tremaine Edmunds in Buffalo. I think he'd be a good fit, though I would prefer the Cowboys trade down to do it.

Malhavoc

Reaction score
I’ll have to be proven wrong but I don’t think Collins is someone this team is considering. The day that kid had his workout, Quinn was in Oregon at their pro day. Could be nothing but I would want to see that kid close up. Without a combine or. personal workout I just don’t see them taking someone at 10 without having that opportunity. JMO....

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
Collins' Pro Day was eye opening, and even at his enormous size, he may move well enough to cover all day in Quinn's defense. Look at 2018 LVE... 6'4" 260 but as money tackling in space as I can ever remember seeing from a Cowboys LB.

Collins probably could convert to DE, but given how day 1 ready he looks at LB, I don't know why you would.

bodi

Reaction score
I am taking the best CB at 10 unless Pitts falls

then a LB ER the 3 rd or 4th rd

Gaede

Reaction score
Argh. I personally really like the player, even more than Surtain. But we have a massive gaping hole at CB. Hoping that we get Surtain, and if not, trade down and do after Collins or Davis even.

Brooksey

Reaction score
I am taking the best CB at 10 unless Pitts falls

then a LB ER the 3 rd or 4th rd

The logical choice is CB but there's starting CB's in Rd 2 too. LB is one of the the biggest weakness on this team. It's a possibility on a trade down, you can target Horn or Collins. If they like KJ Wright why not Z Collins? Remember when Rolando McClain came off his couch and made us a better run defense overnight? When you have a 6'4 guy at 260 who can move like that plus play the pass (elite TE's) and blitz.....game changer.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
The logical choice is CB but there's starting CB's in Rd 2 too. LB is one of the the biggest weakness on this team. It's a possibility on a trade down, you can target Horn or Collins. If they like KJ Wright why not Z Collins? Remember when Rolando McClain came off his couch and made us a better run defense overnight? When you have a 6'4 guy at 260 who can move like that plus play the pass (elite TE's) and blitz.....game changer.

Collins has a feel for the game; you can see it.

cnuball21

Reaction score
Cooling down on Collins after reading this:

“He posted a tackling grade below 69.0 in each of his three years with Tulsa, with 37 misses on 253 total attempts. That career missed tackle rate of 14.6% is the worst of any player on this list.” Per PFF

Carson

Reaction score

“He posted a tackling grade below 69.0 in each of his three years with Tulsa, with 37 misses on 253 total attempts. That career missed tackle rate of 14.6% is the worst of any player on this list.” Per PFF
So he fits in perfectly with our defense

Malhavoc

Reaction score

That’s not a good stat. I personally don’t see the fit in Quinn’s defense. And I’ve never believed he would be in play. But who knows...