Za’ven Collins

Malhavoc

Reaction score
So many options 1 pick. I still don’t believe this team is going to draft a LB in round 1. Parsons, JOK, Collins, Davis. Possible they could have their pick of either guy. But you also have Surtain and Horn at CB, and possibly Sewell and Slater on the OL. I won’t include Pitts because I don’t think he’s going to be there. Whoever it is we need to get it right..

Mr_437

Reaction score
I really like Collins. Versatility, instincts, and playmaking ability is very good... coverage, pass rush and run stopping ability in a 6-4, 260 frame. Might be on a island but I wouldn't be the least bit upset with Collins at 10. If he was drafted by the Cowboys he'd be the best LB on the squad Day 1. Oh, and I'd put him at MLB.

Collins will go to a winning team tho which is great for him.

Parcells4Life

Reaction score
I’ve heard he’s best as a rusher. Cant see a DE worth a top 10 pick given the hole in the secondary unless they know something about Gregory again.

DeaconBlues

M'Kevon
Reaction score
Not that I follow college football . . . well not at all. But after watching the highlights posted by the OP, I have a bunch of reservations on Collins:

Almost every play he made was based on bad blocking, bad OL reads and poor offense.

Maybe there's better tape out there, tape that shows him consistently beating a good OL, not wiff and/or nonexistent blocks.

Maybe.

I'll give him football IQ and athleticism. But with the exception of Navy, I see him besting future accountants and engineers, not NFL ready players.

Just my opinion.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
oh boy.i am not sure they will pick him at 10,not crazy about drafting a LB in the top 10 but he is more than just a linebacker.

I wouldn’t trip too much off that. The team is going to look at a wide range of contingency options. Take it FWIW, but they also claimed they considered drafting Diggs with our 1st rounder last year.

I’m guessing they would look at Collins at #10 if their board was absolutely wiped out (possibility) and they could not find suitable trade back options and were forced to stay put and make a pick.

Majic

Reaction score
Trade back to 18-20 pick up Collins and an extra second this year (maybe Chicago?)= best scenario for me

Gaede

Reaction score
Collins would be my guy in a trade down. He's in that next tier of players for me--Collins, JOK, Moehrig, Ojulari etc.--so it's not impossible for us to get stranded at 10 and pick him. I hope not, because I think we can do a bit better, but I do like him, so it wouldn't be the end of the world

Carson

Reaction score
Collins would be my guy in a trade down. He's in that next tier of players for me--Collins, JOK, Moehrig, Ojulari etc.--so it's not impossible for us to get stranded at 10 and pick him. I hope not, because I think we can do a bit better, but I do like him, so it wouldn't be the end of the world
Where does he play? We need the first pick to come in helping.

Smith is paid, LVE is on his final year and Neal is a Quinn guy.

Not being a jerk. Just not a fan of him at 10

Gaede

Reaction score

True, good point. It's easy to like the player and lose sight of team fit. I think it's tough to fit him in in year one, but next year, I wonder if any of the aforementioned players will actually still be on the team

Maxmadden

Reaction score
True, good point. It's easy to like the player and lose sight of team fit. I think it's tough to fit him in in year one, but next year, I wonder if any of the aforementioned players will actually still be on the team
They will be if we don't start drafting some linebackers.

RamziD

Reaction score
What do you guys think?

Ideally in a bit of a trade down, but I wouldn’t be upset if they took him at #10. If Jaylon’s role doesn’t change nor does he improve in 2021, we would save a good amount on the cap by letting him go. LVE’s future with the team is also not certain.

reddyuta

Reaction score
he won the the Bronko Nagurski Award.I might might not mean much but the previous 4 winners are Johnathan Allen,Chubb,Josh Allen and Chase Young.

RS12

Reaction score

You act like he d be replacing one of Howley, Jordan or Edwards. That is not quite what I saw on the field last year.