Zach Martin out ** do NOT discuss covid/vaccinations **

khiladi

Reaction score
no i asked for an excuse example meaning what you think will be said if they lose the game that pertains to Zack not playing...

No you asked this:

Again I dont see anyone making an excuse most here are saying they as a coaching staff and team need to change this "we lost an OL so we are in trouble narrative" What would this excuse look like please give me an example....

I gave you the excuse regarding “the trouble narrative”, meaning it had ZERO to do with playing a game yet. That is exactly what you asked, so don’t expect me to cater to your flip-flopping anymore.

khiladi

Reaction score
Facts are Dak’s garbage play has always been justified when a player like Tyron Smith goes out. Either it was the player going down or the coaches didn’t adjust. But we know the coaches did adjust such as after the bye with Dalton.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
I know Zack Martin is the best guard in football.

But if the Cowboys have "no chance" because one offensive lineman is out for the game, than this team has issues far worse than we thought. Connor McGovern is no scrub; if he were than teams wouldn't have been trying to trade for him last month.

Will there be a drop off at right guard? Of course. But will it be so dramatic that it costs Dallas the game? Unless McGovern has a Chaz Green at Atlanta circa 2017 performance; I think the answer is no.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
No you asked this:

I gave you the excuse regarding “the trouble narrative”, meaning it had ZERO to do with playing a game yet. That is exactly what you asked, so don’t expect me to cater to your flip-flopping anymore.

I literally said "what would this excuse look like please give me an example...." Not what does...what would...

I dont expect you to do anything....other than attack the Cowboys QB, but thats all you got so you can certainly keep it.

EPL0c0

The Funcooker
Reaction score
It's amazing right? One player goes down and this entire message curls up in the fettle position. All their optimism is gone, just like that.
This franchise has been Mendoza-like for 25 years. Why? GM position. Good teams have depth to overcome when a player or two go down. But not Dallas. All the stars have to be perfectly aligned and then maybe they have a chance.
The franchise ALWAYS plays 2-3 games, per season, that infuses hopefulness into the brainwashed Dallas fans, only to be left with, the next draft class of disappointments. So here we go again and the tradition continues.

The RG is out.
The RT is coming off a shoulder stinger
The C has started 4 NFL games
The QB is coming off a season-ending ankle injury & a shoulder injury during camp.

I get why some folks may have concerns...

Rayman70

Reaction score
We need a run heavy plan PERIOD.Thats the only way to win and protect Dak from a subpar oline.We need to win on special teams and field position as well.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
I know Zack Martin is the best guard in football.

But if the Cowboys have "no chance" because one offensive lineman is out for the game, than this team has issues far worse than we thought. Connor McGovern is no scrub; if he were than teams wouldn't have been trying to trade for him last month.

Will there be a drop off at right guard? Of course. But will it be so dramatic that it costs Dallas the game? Unless McGovern has a Chaz Green at Atlanta circa 2017 performance; I think the answer is no.

Correct...they can not fold because of 1 injury...

CWR

Reaction score
Facts are Dak’s garbage play has always been justified when a player like Tyron Smith goes out. Either it was the player going down or the coaches didn’t adjust. But we know the coaches did adjust such as after the bye with Dalton.

So on record you believe these coaches, including the past regime did their jobs as well as can be expected? I didn't realize you were a Garrett fan. I thought after he allowed Chaz Green to set records in the wrong direction perhaps we have a staff whose strong suit isn't making adjustments. Dak and MM have all of 5 games together so I don't think you can really differ to this current staff and have much of a case.

Rayman70

Reaction score
personally, Farniok had a nice showing in camp at Center. I think we are better off starting him there and moving Biadasz 2 guard. Week 1 and we are already behind the 8 ball. Instead of drafting Joseph we needed to draft a tackle/ guard and we ignored it.Now we have neither. Back 2 square 1 fella's. Bucs D is lickin their chops.

Gaede

Reaction score
This was always going to be a tough game. Sucks to lose Martin, but like Mike said, this is our world now. There will be many games this year where this precise thing happens

CWR

Reaction score
Exactly most teams have one all pro not 3...1 down OL should not mean auto loss...they need to work around it and win.

Completely agree, it's part of the game. We need to adapt and overcome. I think the reaction is what it is because most of us acknowledge we were up against it to begin with. Losing Martin only makes it more difficult. It's not an excuse though.