Zach Martin vs Larry Allen, who you got!

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
This vs battle is going to heat up in here!! Both great players for this team for years. Larry Allen a very powerful man, Martin a powerful man but I think in this age he's more technical in his play. You need a yard on 4th and 1 who are you running behind???

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
Zero disrespect to Zach Martin but Larry Allen was a real life cheat code. Zach Martin is likely a HOF player and there is still a bigger gap from Allen to Martin than Martin to Connor Williams. Peak years of Larry Allen you could have told the defense you were running the ball behind allen and it still goes for a 5 yard gain.

The better discussion is Larry Allen or cooper Beebe.

gtb1943

Reaction score
LA was the greatest Offensive Lineman I ever saw play the game. HE was a legitimate Pro Bowl Player (when that really meant something) at LT besides being the greatest guard I ever saw play. I really believe he would have made the HOF at LT if necessary. Certainly would have been considered for it. That makes him virtually unique in NFL history.
Now Zach Martin is also going to be a HOF inductee. He has Seven first team all Pro picks and every other NFL lineman that got six is in the HOF. So he is up there. Arguably the finest guard of his generation. But LA was an all timer. Should be the starting guard on the All time All NFL team.

gtb1943

Reaction score

just simply incredible. I remember that play; and watching it on ESPN who had it on their plays of the day review and listening to the hosts, I sat there in awe understanding what an incredible play that had been.

RS12

Reaction score
Larry but a lot closer than many here think. Zack wont get his due from the fan base until he is no longer here, I believe.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
Larry but a lot closer than many here think. Zack wont get his due from the fan base until he is no longer here, I believe.
Larry could probably roll into camp right now & outplay Zack. No, it's not close.

Zack hasn't been anything like his early career self these last few years.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
I will always love the Justin Tuck interview where he talks about how strong Larry Allen was. Also how he would make a "choo choo" train sound looking at the Dline, they would know the play is coming, and there was nothing you could do against him.

:laugh:

Streifenkarl

Reaction score
This vs battle is going to heat up in here!! Both great players for this team for years. Larry Allen a very powerful man, Martin a powerful man but I think in this age he's more technical in his play. You need a yard on 4th and 1 who are you running behind???
This ain't no competition at all. Larry Allen by a mile. Martin is a great guard, but LA was on another planet.

Martin is probably the best guard of this time, LA is the best ever.