Zach Martin vs Larry Allen, who you got!

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
This vs battle is going to heat up in here!! Both great players for this team for years. Larry Allen a very powerful man, Martin a powerful man but I think in this age he's more technical in his play. You need a yard on 4th and 1 who are you running behind???
Zach *already* has more 1st Team All Pro years than Larry.
Zach is tied for the lead in All Pro years, all time, for Gs, with 7.

He probably gets another to top the leaderboard. Or more. And recall that he was the only one in the modern era to make All Pro as a rookie.

GOAT G.

Larry has the extra claim to fame of making All Pro at *3* positions on the oline, including LT. I haven't checked if anyone else has done that, but I think that puts Larry in the running for olineman GOAT.

Here are some guys he has to compete with.

LT GOAT - Munoz with 9 All Pro years.

C GOAT - Jim Otto with 10 All Pro years.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/hof/hofm_G.htm

jwitten82

Reaction score
Larry could probably roll into camp right now & outplay Zack. No, it's not close.

Zack hasn't been anything like his early career self these last few years.
Lol one of the dumbest things ive read on here. No Larry could not outplay Martin right now, Martin was first team all pro again last year. And for all the people saying it's not close, Martin has 7 first team all pros, 2 second team all pros, memeber of the 2010s all decade team. Look I would choose Allen myself, but if given Martin then I would not complain one bit

Chasing6

Reaction score
This vs battle is going to heat up in here!! Both great players for this team for years. Larry Allen a very powerful man, Martin a powerful man but I think in this age he's more technical in his play. You need a yard on 4th and 1 who are you running behind???
Larry Allen all day every day.

DT's would fake injuries or a sickness before the game to avoid playing against Larry Allen.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Martin’s a HOFer, but I’d take Allen without blinking. Dude was an All Pro at multiple positions and an absolute dawg that gave us a presence on the o-line. We don’t currently have that.

Mr Cowboy

Reaction score
LA is the greatest OL ever in the NFL. Zack is a top 5 OG ever in the NFL. That is a big difference.

ErikWilliamsHeadSlap

Reaction score
Benched 700 and ran a 4.7 forty. Let that sink in. Warren Sapp would switch positions so he didn't have to line-up against him. Only player he ever did that with. Larry all day.

ErikWilliamsHeadSlap

Reaction score
Didn't he knock 3 players out of the game on one play in college?A nd I think I remember an opposing player took a cheap shot on one of Larry's teamates and Larry hit him so hard on the next play that hthe guy never played a down of football again. Or something like that.

MyFairLady

Reaction score
Zack Martin is a net negative players. His contract is so absurd that his existence hurts the teams chances to win. If his salary cap consumption ever even starts to creep down into a worth while level he holds out to cripple the team even more. He does nothing to hold his team mates accountable. He offers no leadership. He collects his money and heads back home.

Larry Allen is a god tier warrior. Martin is unworthy.

Tussinman

Reaction score
You’re underrating the 7x All Pro Zach Martin.
Canton wise he's 9x first team. Canton accepts SN and PWFA selections. The 2 seasons he made AP 2nd team all-pro he made 1st team for both SN and PWFA.

I was told part of the reason why Canton accepts the other 2 is AP is heavily favored towards players that's teams make the playoffs. The 2 years Tyron and Zack made 2nd team AP where seasons in which the cowboys didn't make the playoffs (2015 and 2017). They both made SN and PWFA 1st team those years because those publications tend to lean more towards who's the best player regardless of franchise and record.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Larry Allen. 8 days a week. the best guard all time.

RS12

Reaction score
Zack Martin is a net negative players. His contract is so absurd that his existence hurts the teams chances to win. If his salary cap consumption ever even starts to creep down into a worth while level he holds out to cripple the team even more. He does nothing to hold his team mates accountable. He offers no leadership. He collects his money and heads back home.

Larry Allen is a god tier warrior. Martin is unworthy.
If you arent kidding then this might be the worst post I have seen in a very long time, and that is hard to do around here. I guess Zack will be the first unworthy player to be a 1st ballot HOFer.

Last edited:

McKDaddy

Reaction score
Lol one of the dumbest things ive read on here. No Larry could not outplay Martin right now, Martin was first team all pro again last year. And for all the people saying it's not close, Martin has 7 first team all pros, 2 second team all pros, memeber of the 2010s all decade team. Look I would choose Allen myself, but if given Martin then I would not complain one bit
Dumbest things - I think the same thing when Martin keeps getting All Pro nods for very average play these last few years. If some folks would stop looking at the name on the jersey and rather is the guy moving people against their will, it would be clear. We haven't successfully converted many short yardages running in the past 3-4 years. If you truly had an all time, all pro to run behind, it wouldn't be so dismal. Instead everyone wants to turn a blind eye and act like he's still the player he was.