Zach Martin vs Larry Allen, who you got!

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
Zero disrespect to Zach Martin but Larry Allen was a real life cheat code. Zach Martin is likely a HOF player and there is still a bigger gap from Allen to Martin than Martin to Connor Williams. Peak years of Larry Allen you could have told the defense you were running the ball behind allen and it still goes for a 5 yard gain.

The better discussion is Larry Allen or cooper Beebe.
That's not fair to Larry. Even Superman cannot compare to Coop.

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
This vs battle is going to heat up in here!! Both great players for this team for years. Larry Allen a very powerful man, Martin a powerful man but I think in this age he's more technical in his play. You need a yard on 4th and 1 who are you running behind???

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Give me Larry, but its not because he’s head and shoulders better (he’s not), but because he might be my favorite Cowboy ever.

But you put Martin on the 90s teams and nothing changes. We still have the same success.

On the flip side nothing would change if you put Larry on the current teams. We still don’t win anything.

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
This vs battle is going to heat up in here!! Both great players for this team for years. Larry Allen a very powerful man, Martin a powerful man but I think in this age he's more technical in his play. You need a yard on 4th and 1 who are you running behind???
Is this a joke? It's about as bad as comparing Dak with Staubach or Aikman. Maybe even worse.

MyFairLady

Reaction score
Martin is not qualified to Larry's jock strap. One is an absolute legend. A god among men who will never be forgotten. The other makes a lot of money for a guy who can't even open up a decent hole in the run game.

StarOfGlory

Reaction score
Larry Allen is the best guard to ever play in the NFL. The only defensive tackle I can recall sort of holding his own against him on some plays was Jerome Brown.

ZekeTrain

Reaction score
Larry Allen and it is not even close. He is not only one of the best lineman in history, he is one of the best football players in history.

Howboutdemcowboys31

Reaction score
Larry

My friend always knew I was running left in madden. I’d even let him stack the entire left side. Still averaged like 5 carry behind that man

gtb1943

Reaction score
Give me Larry, but its not because he’s head and shoulders better (he’s not), but because he might be my favorite Cowboy ever.

But you put Martin on the 90s teams and nothing changes. We still have the same success.

On the flip side nothing would change if you put Larry on the current teams. We still don’t win anything.
dude, this is about an one individual player vs another
so you are wrong TWICE
LA was above Zach as Zach is above a regular Guard.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
There’s no debate. Larry Allen and it’s not even close. Dude was a walking bull dozer.

Bagman

Reaction score
Larry Allen. All day, every day. If both players were measured by their absolute prime, it's not close. Even on his best days, I've seen Martin get pushed back off his mark. Allen got pushed at Tackle one time by Reggie White his rookie year and NEVER happened again for his career. Again, Larry Allen.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Is this a joke? It's about as bad as comparing Dak with Staubach or Aikman. Maybe even worse.
I am waiting on the Quincy or Troy thread. :muttley:

Better yet, Quincy or Dak. :lmao:

But to answer the OP question. Larry Allen.

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
I'd take Martin over any guard of the past decade, but I'd take LA over any guard ever.