Zach Thomas rumor

ilovejerry

Reaction score
My uncle ( who lIves in FLA ) just told me that Joe rose radio reported that the Cowboys offered ZT a contract is that true?
sorry if a repost

TheSkaven

Last Man Standing
Reaction score
GETTING CALLS

Rosenhaus said he got several calls from teams interested in Thomas within hours of the player's release. The agent would not disclose what teams had called but did admit he's got a list of teams Thomas would be interested in playing for. Among those are Dallas, New England, Indianapolis and San Diego.

Read the full article here: http://www.miamiherald.com/588/story/419888.html

superpunk

Reaction score
AmishCowboy;1956843 said:
would he really fit as an ILB in the 3-4?.

He and Donnie Edwards are the same weight - Thomas is 3 inches shorter and thus more stout.

He's a heck of a LB - still. He'll fit anywhere he wants to. As long as you're not asking him to take on blockers consistently, he can play LB anywhere.

ilovejerry

Reaction score
I would take this guy in a heartbeat, hopefully he brings Jason Taylor with him just for leadership purpose. Get ZT sign him now. A no brainer !!!!!

ilovejerry

Reaction score
superpunk;1956858 said:
He and Donnie Edwards are the same weight - Thomas is 3 inches shorter and thus more stout.

He's a heck of a LB - still. He'll fit anywhere he wants to. As long as you're not asking him to take on blockers consistently, he can play LB anywhere.

would you want him? NO BRAINER............

Mr Cowboy

Reaction score
We don't want him here, he is just going to take Carp's snaps and stunt his growth...................ummmm, nevermind.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
ilovejerry;1956826 said:
My uncle ( who lIves in FLA ) just told me that Joe rose radio reported that the Cowboys offered ZT a contract is that true?
sorry if a repost
I don't think we can yet. Free Agency doesn't start until the end of the month.

I could be wrong since he was released, but I'm pretty skeptical of that. Hell of a leader and I wouldn't hate it.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
Hostile;1956889 said:

I could be wrong since he was released, but I'm pretty skeptical of that. Hell of a leader and I wouldn't hate it.

Wahle has already signed with Seattle :confused:

Zimmy Lives

Reaction score
Hostile;1956889 said:

Didn't Wahle already sign with someone? Is a vet FA able to sign a contract anytime? Anyone help!

Woods

Reaction score
Hostile;1956889 said:

I think if the player is a veteran with something like 4 or more years of experience and they have been cut, they don't have to wait until FA starts.

I think it's either 4 years or 5 years of experience . . . .

ilovejerry

Reaction score
Hostile;1956889 said:

But his agent is Drew Roesnhause, So anything can happen. who knows . I just would love to see this guy here, Wow im getting giddy woo hoo

Zimmy Lives

Reaction score
Woods;1956902 said:
I think if the player is a veteran with something like 4 or more years of experience and they have been cut, they don't have to wait until FA starts.

I think it's either 4 years or 5 years of experience . . . .

Thanks for the clarification!

superpunk

Reaction score
Here's an article of appreciation about Zach Thomas. This is a guy you want influencing your young LBs - it's a far cry from their current "leader", who can't wait for the wounds to heal from a playoff defeat before angling for his release from the team.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/football/pro/dolphins/sfl-flspskolnick15sbfeb15,0,1386969.column

This is all you want from your athletes.

You want them to care as much as you do. You want them to wear their real jerseys with the same pride and passion as you wear their replicas.

You want them to play hurt. You want them to hurt most after losses......

Even with Shaggy's help, Scooby couldn't solve crime with the same swiftness that Thomas could crack formations and plays. He was instinctual, yes, but that instinct was the product of design. He was obsessively studious, rewinding tape in dark rooms long after less accomplished teammates had left to study the nightlife.

He was organized, keeping notebooks. And he was just plain intelligent, his nimble mind evident in his approach to everything from all-out blitzes to all-in poker plays.

He was savvy in the way he approached all aspects of his job, benefiting from his understanding that it was a job, his paranoia that someone else could come take it, and his awareness that it extended far beyond the field. He sought every conceivable legal edge, from the hyperbaric chamber to visualization to massage therapy to special diets.

He never seemed comfortable with the notion of leading.

His example did, however.

Reaction score
I live in Miami and I have seen Zach Thomas as a player and as a great human being in the community. To me this would be the same as the Patriots stealing Wes Welker from the Fins. Remember who is buying the groceries here in Miami. We should definitely try to go after Jason Taylor. We need some "nastiness" in our DEFENSE!