Zack Martin could be the pick

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
And I'd be a happy camper. The OL is not close to being a force for the Cowboys. They have a good nucleus with Smith and Fredericks, but they need starting guards and a right tackle. I think they can pick up a guard in the middle rounds. Donald will probably be gone by 16, and depending on how the rest of the first 15 picks play out, the best player available may be Martin. Again, I'm all for that.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
If he's there, he could easily be the pick. He fits a need and he's a fine football player IMO. I would be more then OK with that but I still think Donald is there at 16.

DFWJC

Reaction score
If Barr and Donald are both gone. I could see this or a trade down

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I would not be upset with the pick if some of the guys I like are gone and we can not trade down.
I would rather have him over HaHa, Pryor, Shazier, CJ, Ealy or the CBs that are there.

JohnnyHopkins

This is a house of learned doctors
Reaction score
The good news is that there are quite a few players that Dallas could select at 16 which would improve spots on this roster. That is also the bad news.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
The good news is that there are quite a few players that Dallas could select at 16 which would improve spots on this roster. That is also the bad news.

The top DE's will probably be gone by #16 and picking an Ealy, etc. would be a huge reach. The #16 spot is really a bad place to be. You have to be very smart (not Jerry's strongest point) so that you don't go crazy and try to trade up for a Donald, or trade down and not get hosed like last year, at least as far as value.

fishspill

Reaction score
The top DE's will probably be gone by #16 and picking an Ealy, etc. would be a huge reach. The #16 spot is really a bad place to be. You have to be very smart (not Jerry's strongest point) so that you don't go crazy and try to trade up for a Donald, or trade down and not get hosed like last year, at least as far as value.

Even without knowing who will be there or the value they'll get I'm 90% sure Dallas will trade down.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Hate to say it but CB or WR could be the best players available at our picks. We could use either to be honest. Would certainly provide cap flexibility for us, which is also very important. I'm not all that worried. At 16, we are going to get a very good football player IMO.

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
They were saying on sports radio this am it was the safe pick and most likely scenario...

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
I think the midgets take him at 12. Their Oline is in shambles. I hope this happens so we only have to worry about the bears picking donald

manster4ever

Reaction score
And I'd be a happy camper. The OL is not close to being a force for the Cowboys. They have a good nucleus with Smith and Fredericks, but they need starting guards and a right tackle. I think they can pick up a guard in the middle rounds. Donald will probably be gone by 16, and depending on how the rest of the first 15 picks play out, the best player available may be Martin. Again, I'm all for that.

He's grown on me more and more and more as the draft draws closer. He's a SAFE and SOLID pick guys: just ask Mike Mayock who loves him. We all know he can play all 5 Oline positions....should be even better than Frederick.

Disclaimer: I didn't like the idea of taking him weeks ago, but have come around. Very solid get if there. (Just DON'T take Lewan who is a complete head case and has very low character)

manster4ever

Reaction score
I think the midgets take him at 12. Their Oline is in shambles. I hope this happens so we only have to worry about the bears picking donald

It would be our horrific luck that the Gspots get Martin (protoTYPICAL olineman that they go for) and our brass takes Lewan....if so, it would be a colossal blunder.

DBOY3141

Reaction score

This seems to be the most likely landing spot. Also, if Rams don't take an OL at #2, they are also really interested at #13.

texbumthelife

Reaction score
I don't know what it is, but I am weary of Notre Dame offensive linemen. I also don't think he is a fit as a natural guard so I don't think he starts.

Sydla

Reaction score
I don't know what it is, but I am weary of Notre Dame offensive linemen. I also don't think he is a fit as a natural guard so I don't think he starts.

ND hasn't produced an OL of his quality since Jeff Faine. So it's not like there have been a ton of high round ND OL taken in recent drafts that bombed out to suddenly be weary of taking him.

He'd start from day one as either the RT or OG.

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
It would be our horrific luck that the Gspots get Martin (protoTYPICAL olineman that they go for) and our brass takes Lewan....if so, it would be a colossal blunder.

Pardon my ignorance, but is martin that good? I feel a guard at 12 is too high unless teams feel he will be elite.