Zack Martin has a legit shot to earn a huge all-time Cowboys honor in 2024

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
In his ten seasons as a dominant RG of the Dallas Cowboys, Zack Martin has been named a first team ALL PRO seven times and two times as a second team ALL PRO, which ties him with the great Bob Lily as a nine time ALL PRO. If Martin has another typical year in 2024, he can be the FIRST Cowboy to be named an ALL PRO 10 times!

Currently, here are the all time records for ALL PRO honors for Cowboys players:
  • Bob Lily 9 time ALL PRO (7 times first team, 2 times second team)
  • Zack Martin 9 time ALL PRO (7 times first team, 2 times second team)
  • Randy White 8 time ALL PRO (7 times first team, 1 second team)
  • Larry Allen 7 time ALL PRO (6 times first team, 1 second team)
Zack Martin has a legit shot to be the Cowboys all time ALL PRO if he has a typically great season in 2024. We have witnessed (and are still witnessing) one of the all-time greats in Zack Martin. OL get less of the spotlight, which is a shame because a guy like Martin does not come around often.

The tragic passing of the great Larry Allen was a reminder of how fortunate as Cowboys fans we have been to see firsthand greatness each Sunday. We should all enjoy watching the great Zack Martin while we can.

plasticman

Reaction score
And to think that Jerry Jones wanted to use that draft pick to select Johnny Manziel.

Think about that. He had to be convinced, via aggressive debate, by several people in the organization including Stephen Jones, to take Zack Martin instead.

Imagine. Martin could have been an Eagle or Packer. The Browns drafted Manziel and then took a guard in the 2nd round. The Browns might have taken Martin.

One different decision could have turned history upside down.

Chasing6

Reaction score
In his ten seasons as a dominant RG of the Dallas Cowboys, Zack Martin has been named a first team ALL PRO seven times and two times as a second team ALL PRO, which ties him with the great Bob Lily as a nine time ALL PRO. If Martin has another typical year in 2024, he can be the FIRST Cowboy to be named an ALL PRO 10 times!

Currently, here are the all time records for ALL PRO honors for Cowboys players:
Zack Martin has a legit shot to be the Cowboys all time ALL PRO if he has a typically great season in 2024. We have witnessed (and are still witnessing) one of the all-time greats in Zack Martin. OL get less of the spotlight, which is a shame because a guy like Martin does not come around often.

The tragic passing of the great Larry Allen was a reminder of how fortunate as Cowboys fans we have been to see firsthand greatness each Sunday. We should all enjoy watching the great Zack Martin while we can.
But he hasn't won a SB.

ATXSRT

Reaction score
And to think that Jerry Jones wanted to use that draft pick to select Johnny Manziel.

Think about that. He had to be convinced, via aggressive debate, by several people in the organization including Stephen Jones, to take Zack Martin instead.

Imagine. Martin could have been an Eagle or Packer. The Browns drafted Manziel and then took a guard in the 2nd round. The Browns might have taken Martin.

Imagine we not have drafted dak and romo goes down 2016 which leads us to a subpar record allowing us to be in prime position to draft Mahomes 2017. Just imagine.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

So we would have missed out on the last 10 years of Glory we have seen from Martin and his teammates?
Right.......................... :banghead:

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score

Will McCiay has been asked about that situation and batted it down as exaggerated. Jerry didn't fight that hard for Manziel. he just suggested him as a name but the conversation in the room quickly changed and unanimously agreed the pick should be Martin. Stephen's part was just agreeing with the room rather than his daddy. He did nothing aggressive. :muttley:

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Zach Martin is a near certainty to earn that distinction. Maybe that's what prevents him from retiring.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score

At the same time I have to ask myself when has Jerry been talked out of anything? I think that whole Manziel story while some truth I think it’s been embellished some.

CowboysRule

Reaction score
At the same time I have to ask myself when has Jerry been talked out of anything? I think that whole Manziel story while some truth I think it’s been embellished some.
According to Parcells Jones is very agreeable as long as you come prepared with logical arguments as far as why you want to do something.

blueblood70

Reaction score

Excuse my ignorance but what did he get last year?

I don't think he played very well last year he played very average to me for HIM... So given he didn't have a great year after holding Jerry hostage for more money what makes you think he's going to get that this year but again maybe he got something last year...

I didn't know about, but you know what you say you're getting tired of hearing it all the talk, silence is golden ,​
well, how about individual accolades?! I mean I'm over it, what does it matter with these guys get if they're not doing it in big games like in the playoffs?​

blueblood70

Reaction score

I don't believe that was the response for what this actually was supposed to inspire, I mean you have to take a shot at the owner, who by the way literally took advice who knew that he literally has a group of people he's confident enough in to listen to their advice and go with them more so today than even 10 years ago...

so yeah it was great that they made the right choice as they do most of the time because they do heavy group effort when it comes to making decisions for the team there's not a guy sitting up on a giant judge's pulpit with a big gavel making the independent decisions...

Which in fact, they've taken several offensive linemen, many of which fans had a problem with it first like Travis Frederick and more recently Tyler Smith and now there's people saying that Guyton is a project they should never have taken,

you know fans don't know much and they talk a lot of trash about the ownership but the one thing they seem to get right is first rounders most of the time and especially first rounders that are offensive lineman...

McKDaddy

Reaction score
Zach Martin is a near certainty to earn that distinction. Maybe that's what prevents him from retiring.
Last year was the worst year of his career & he's hinting at retirement. He better have one heck of a bounce back year.

If the voters hadn't gifted him the last couple, we wouldn't be having this discussion.

blueblood70

Reaction score
You guys realize it's been many times they don't always gonna talk about it because it's no one's business what they do behind closed doors unless they feel like letting it out Jerry does not make decisions by himself more and more even since 10 years ago he's relied on his very large staff by the way lot of layers to the front office management that he relies on their advice that he takes it sometimes too often look at the flip side of the coin he has allowed some defensive coordinators to take some bad players in wrong spots overreached for guys like possibly mazzy Smith and others what was the other guy hill I don't even remember the guy's first name off hand but he allows his coaches and his staff to advise and he listens more often than you think I mean I don't know why people think this dude just sits up there and makes decisions by himself and he doesn't especially the last decade but the last five years you can tell this is will mcclay and a bunch of others making GM decisions and Jerry's just a talking head now he doesn't do much at all I bet the man comes in to let himself be seen and heard he likes to say things in public but he is not the GM in what we would call everyday active decision making that is a group effort up there and it's been proven time and time again that sometimes maybe Jerry should be his old self if he didn't listen to his son and others maybe he would be more like Howie Roseman be more like a gambler I think he's being talked out of doing things like that... To be honest I really believe that's happening I believe his group especially his son are talking him out of making those high risk decisions like he used to... Even though some were mistakes this place wants movement right like going after Joey Galloway and Roy Williams with what people say was too much compensation but he was desperate and he did it they even did it with amari Cooper recently but over the years Jerry used to do this more often and he doesn't now and you can blame the people talking him out of it not Jerry..