Zack Martin has a legit shot to earn a huge all-time Cowboys honor in 2024

gtb1943

Reaction score
In his defense the list of failed QB's picked in the draft is incredibly long, even picking at the very top. We all know that Brady was drafted in the 6th round, Purdy was barely drafted, Romo was undrafted, and Dak was a 4th. Then you have guys like Jamarcus Russell, Bradford, and Wentz who go near the top who never amount to anything. It's all just a crap shoot but the odds are stacked even more against you with QB so I'm not going to blame Jerry for taking a shot with guys like Hutchinson and Henson where there is basically no downside if they don't work out. That's kind of my same view point with Lance where all we gave up was a low 4th round pick.
Considering Dak is the only one he had any input on that worked, and he was THIRD CHOICE IN THAT DRAFT BEHIND TWO THAT WERE NOTHING
Anyone thinking he is any good at all judging QBs is out to lunch

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
In his ten seasons as a dominant RG of the Dallas Cowboys, Zack Martin has been named a first team ALL PRO seven times and two times as a second team ALL PRO, which ties him with the great Bob Lily as a nine time ALL PRO. If Martin has another typical year in 2024, he can be the FIRST Cowboy to be named an ALL PRO 10 times!

Currently, here are the all time records for ALL PRO honors for Cowboys players:
  • Bob Lily 9 time ALL PRO (7 times first team, 2 times second team)
  • Zack Martin 9 time ALL PRO (7 times first team, 2 times second team)
  • Randy White 8 time ALL PRO (7 times first team, 1 second team)
  • Larry Allen 7 time ALL PRO (6 times first team, 1 second team)
Zack Martin has a legit shot to be the Cowboys all time ALL PRO if he has a typically great season in 2024. We have witnessed (and are still witnessing) one of the all-time greats in Zack Martin. OL get less of the spotlight, which is a shame because a guy like Martin does not come around often.

The tragic passing of the great Larry Allen was a reminder of how fortunate as Cowboys fans we have been to see firsthand greatness each Sunday. We should all enjoy watching the great Zack Martin while we can.
Another 1st Team All Pro, and Zack leads that stat for not just all Cowboys ever, but all guards, ever.

plasticman

Reaction score
And yeah,

this is a long winded talk to text Monday morning coffee rant,

and you're probably not going to read it, and I don't care because now I got it off my chest and then you skim through it you could feel how you feel.

but I feel how I feel and no I don't love Jerry Jones and I don't have loyalty to this ownership or anything about this team.. I follow the Star:star::starspin:,

I will always root for the star, and I always will defend the star because it's a passion of mine is the Dallas Cowboys 1981 the present.. I've lived it all especially the first game I ever saw was the Dallas Cowboys and Danny white losing to the 49ers which has come full circle with the catch in the final play of that NFCCG, sound familiar all those final plays against Aaron Rodgers and Green Bay Packers and all the losses to the Packers and the Pittsburgh Steelers in teh 70s and we just are falling short..

I get it so if that's all you want to read too bad, you're not swaying my opinion. I'll always be a fan and I don't really give a **** about the ownership we can't do anything about it... I do this for the love of the game I follow the Cowboys as a year to year one off proposition it will always be that way I follow it week to week, and I just hope for the best and there's nothing wrong with me staying in the present and not constantly going back and talking about a stupid drought it happens to all teams. At least the Dallas Cowboys are relevant enough to win divisions to win a lot of games in the regular season and they go to the playoffs pretty often and they get prime time games they are still relative whether we have higher expectations or not that is why I follow the Cowboys to talk about the games and it starts over every March.

Yes.,

I said what I said you tried to use a narrative because you don't like the ownership to point out a flaw in our ownership over a statement he made versus why don't you talk about all the other GM's bad decisions they made not just with words but actions like picking Johnny manzel in the first round of the draft Jerry didn't so you want to use his little quotes to make fun of the guy it's absolutely ridiculous so if you want to make some real statements go ahead in this case isolated not the garbage you're going to list about 28 years of mediocrity and blah blah blah all the mistakes he made and we're in a drought and we need a real GM while those real GM kicked a bunch of really bad quarterbacks they didn't just quote them they actually kicked them they actually made a lot of draft mistakes they actually picked up free agent for a lot of money and they didn't work out all these special GM's you talk about are not finishing top six in the league they're not consistently winning games they haven't been in the playoffs I have eight years there's a lot of really average GM's out there that you may think are better than Jerry because Jerry is an owner GM and not actual real football guy in your opinion...

But you forget one thing we all watch sports we may not follow all the other teams as closely, but I can tell you this there are more GMS in this league that are below Jerry because of just what we talked about they cannot win Super Bowls either, they are not getting the Super bowls on a regular basis... They are making mistakes and not just talking they're literally making those mistakes so everybody wanting a real GM here and a football guy just know they're about 28 of those GM's that are finishing below the Cowboys.. yes I get it, it's just the regular season but apparently having a regular GM is not a blueprint for success that would just make the fan base happy it's somehow you don't think over since 1989 that Jerry's learned anything from real football people the fact that he played high level college football you know with Jimmy Johnson Jimmy Johnson would have never been here had they not been teammates you don't want a football team a national championship football team but Jerry knows nothing about football???​
Is that what you guys continually try to shoot down our throat that somehow the mistakes Jerry made after Jimmy left he's somehow still making it or is it just the cycle of the NFL like other teams like the chiefs 52 years between their Super Bowls there are several teams without any Super Bowl championships at all and there's some waiting on #2 meaning they've had one since 1960 and apparently that's the blueprint for success in your mind because you don't like the way the guy runs the team..​
OH and by the way,

I am not a fan of Jerry Jones,

I'm a fan of the Dallas Cowboys but I also watch the rest of the NFL have the same problems in the same periods of time and just because Oh my God we're in a drought... we must point it out 24-7-365..

I think the last 10 years and more so in the last five years, it's apparent Jerry Jones is not the GM here, he's a GM in title only ,because he likes the attention he's a talking head he's like the queen of England with not much daily involvement as a GM anymore, really truly has given that to a group of people starting with Will McClay..

We all know it , so maybe you ought to start calling for will mcclays head because it doesn't matter who the GM is, if the owner is still Jerry and if he has the final word then what's the problem with your rants that you want the man to go hire a real GM who won't have the final say which is BTW how most NFL teams are run, like a corporation. Sure some let their GM have a little bit more slack in the rope they give them some more freedom but if that's what you're expecting here that's not gonna happen so until Jerry and this Jones family sell this team the constant rants are not gonna change anything..

you know the but HEY, real GMs that are finishing far below the Cowboys over the last five years but you can go back ten years, the Cowboys have consistently been one of the better regular season teams in the NFL and yes I get it I want more as well but your arguments don't work for me because most of the high quality GM's in this league that you would point out that people drool over that make all these special moves that get your boxers wet, They're not beating the Dallas Cowboys on a regular basis or they're just making the same mistakes but they're getting a game or two further every year but they're not winning Super Bowls the San Francisco 49ers have not won a Super Bowl since 1994 and the Dallas Cowboys have been absolutely dominating the division for most of the time occasionally the Eagles pop up and we have competition we beat Howie Roseman's Eagles twice in the last three years for the divisions,

which must be a giant coincidence it must be an accident that somehow with a terrible GM a terrible owner overrated stat padding quarterback a fat lazy doesn't know a thing about football head coach and a bunch of lazy Country Club players that get away with anything they want somehow we managed to win 36 games two division titles three straight playoff appearances but we've been to the playoffs 5 out of the last eight years and there's a whole bunch of teams that would trade places with us.. And I get it our expectations we want more we expect more the Dallas Cowboys the two dynasties we've had we want to recreate that which ohh by the way Jerry was part of the bigger one, you know the one with three titles versus the one with two titles...

TBH,

I don't care if Jerry is the owner of the GM I don't care who runs the team because there's nothing we could do about it we have no control over this and the contracts and the money and blah blah blah I prefer to sit and talk about the players and how they're playing once the season starts looking forward and anticipating the season seeing how it goes because it's the ultimate reality TV we don't know the outcome even though everyone says here it's going to end the same but one year it's not that's how the cycles of the NFL come around that's why all these droughts around sports eventually end you know like the Texas Rangers 1970 and they finally got one in 2023 and I don't think their fans are going to keep complaining about the drought.. That includes the other three teams who only have 3 total titles and the stars choked again Oh my God they got there though right ohh it was really close right now The Mavericks are struggling Oh my God but they got there ohh they were really close no this is about titles Jerry has three the Cowboys have five we're waiting on number six and a bunch of teams would love that not to be waiting on their first or their second..

So some of us for the love of the team are more patient than others at some point you just have to get over it and leave the past in the past and treat the NFL and the Dallas Cowboys has a year to year proposition and it's a week to week league you don't know what's happening from week to week you can't really make wholesale predictions on how the season's going to end because straight the schedule means nothing it's just a word now because anything that happened last year doesn't mean it's going to happen again this year so I'm OK with sometimes being upset or mad or frustrated but then when the new season starts it's time to look forward and not back..​
Hey albeit to me to tell you how to feel and I'm not going to you're entitled to your opinion but I'm gonna tell you right now living in the past and worrying and being this involved in the history and it makes you this upset and this mad I don't understand why you're still a fan you have a choice if nothing's changed in the last 33 years how do you think anything's gonna change for the next 33 years so why are you driving yourself crazy that's why I prefer to look at this as a year to year proposition and I'm still proud of our five titles and our three and I can be because that's my final word 1989 to present the Dallas Cowboys are only one of three teams with three titles or more in that same time period that shows you how difficult it is and yes I get it I want another NFC championship game appearance and for sure I want another Super Bowl appearance and or win but we can't all have it our way..​
I respect your passion and you are wrong if you think I don't.

We respectfully disagree on the subject of Jerry Jones and we have come to the mutual agreement that we won't change our minds.

I'll be moving along but don't think I didn't take the time to read your responses. As a fellow Cowboys fan, you certainly deserve that courtesy.

CowboysRule

Reaction score
Considering Dak is the only one he had any input on that worked, and he was THIRD CHOICE IN THAT DRAFT BEHIND TWO THAT WERE NOTHING
Anyone thinking he is any good at all judging QBs is out to lunch
My whole point was there aren't many out there who are that good at judging QB's. Most of it is just luck. A lot of people regard Shanahan as some kind of offensive God but he was all on board giving up a ton to get Lance and only switched to Purdy when he had to. Luck.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
The way people disrespected Martin in the other thread comparing him to bums was absurd.

Some here don't understand Martin is a legitimate generational guard. If he gets one more first team all pro he will be tied with 5th all time for first team all-pros. He'll be in company with Reggie White, Aaron Donald, and Jim Brown.

Brax

Reaction score
He was a first team All Pro in 2023. One reason he may not seem so spectacular is you rarely hear his name called. In about 1,000 snaps last year he had one penalty for a false start…on a team with a ton of penalties. He also gave up zero sacks, so we never heard his name called for that.

Zack Martin is as reliable as they come. He isn’t as physically dominant as Larry Allen was but he’s more consistently excellent than any Cowboys lineman I can remember.

Last season was his worst? First team All Pro in 2023. One penalty in nearly 1,000 snaps. Zero sacks given up. And that was his worst season? Maybe it’s because his name is never called. He was graded as our best lineman last year and that was with some nagging injuries he fought through.
Kinda funny, folks saying he is washed and needs to bounce back , guys the best player on the team has been for years yet to some CZers he’s been reduced to a jag. First ballot HOF credentials and one of the greatest players in cowboys history.

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
In his ten seasons as a dominant RG of the Dallas Cowboys, Zack Martin has been named a first team ALL PRO seven times and two times as a second team ALL PRO, which ties him with the great Bob Lily as a nine time ALL PRO. If Martin has another typical year in 2024, he can be the FIRST Cowboy to be named an ALL PRO 10 times!

Currently, here are the all time records for ALL PRO honors for Cowboys players:
Zack Martin has a legit shot to be the Cowboys all time ALL PRO if he has a typically great season in 2024. We have witnessed (and are still witnessing) one of the all-time greats in Zack Martin. OL get less of the spotlight, which is a shame because a guy like Martin does not come around often.

The tragic passing of the great Larry Allen was a reminder of how fortunate as Cowboys fans we have been to see firsthand greatness each Sunday. We should all enjoy watching the great Zack Martin while we can.
Are they gonna cut him so he doesn't pass Bob Lily? This team likes to make weird decisions like that, I remember when they wouldn't resign LP the long snapper not because he was old and couldn't do it anymore but because he was gonna surpass Jason Witten for most games played by a Dallas Cowboy.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Zack Martin was the 3rd best player on the OLine last season...