Zack Martin IS visiting today

RS12

Reaction score
Keep reading he is not likely to make it past Miami at 19.

tm1119

Reaction score
Ehh I don't see the hype as the 16th pick. He'd probably be a guard for us and I just don't see him being any kind of game changing blocker to consider him a top 20 pick. I think he will be a good nfl player, but guards who simply do their jobs well can be had much later than 16th overall.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Ehh I don't see the hype as the 16th pick. He'd probably be a guard for us and I just don't see him being any kind of game changing blocker to consider him a top 20 pick. I think he will be a good nfl player, but guards who simply do their jobs well can be had much later than 16th overall.

He would be a guard before taking over right tackle for Free. I do not see Free getting more than another year.

tm1119

Reaction score
He would be a guard before taking over right tackle for Free. I do not see Free getting more than another year.

It's debatable how effective he would be a RT.....even if he does play RT, is he the type of o lineman that is going to be blowing guys off of the ball and capable of being dominant? I don't see it and therefore wouldn't take him at 16.

I know some people will have a heart attack over this, but 3 1st round o linemen in 4 years is too of an much investment in 1 area of the team.

tideh20heel

Reaction score
16 would be ok with me. Love the versatility. Bpa! Please Jerry don't reach Rome wasn't built in a day and this team won't be either. Of the people we have even a slight shot at I would go: 1. Donald 2. Barr 3. Jfb 4. Lewan 5. Martin

Dhragon

Deadly Claws of Death
Reaction score
It's debatable how effective he would be a RT.....even if he does play RT, is he the type of o lineman that is going to be blowing guys off of the ball and capable of being dominant? I don't see it and therefore wouldn't take him at 16.

I know some people will have a heart attack over this, but 3 1st round o linemen in 4 years is too of an much investment in 1 area of the team.

I disagree - not on so important a position. I think he'd be an instant upgrade over Leary or Bernadeaux. One of them can then play backup, like their talent level should place them at.

I think Frederick's play has made our two current starting guards play seem better than it really was. I'd like to see what a real good/great guard would do instead.

RS12

Reaction score
Last year they swung for a double and hit a homerun. Barr and JFB have huge bust potential. Donald is a small DL going up against athletic monsters over a 16 game season. Not to hard to picture Martin as highly effective 10 year starter in the league.

Oh_Canada

Reaction score

I don't like the idea of a third olineman in four years, but if one as versatile and talented as Martin is available I wouldn't be opposed. Think he would be a well above average guard and a good RT and we don't know how Leary's knees will hold up this year. Team has no depth inside.

InDakWeTrust

DezBRomo9
Reaction score
I'm just not a fan of investing such a high pick into a OG. He might be a RT but probably not for us. My question is, is he a better RT than Morgan Moses or Antonio Richardson or even Jujuan James?

reddyuta

Reaction score
Last year they swung for a double and hit a homerun. Barr and JFB have huge bust potential. Donald is a small DL going up against athletic monsters over a 16 game season. Not to hard to picture Martin as highly effective 10 year starter in the league.

I think they will draft him if they think he can play RT after Free leaves,if they see Him as just a guard then I don't think Pick 16 is worth it.

DFWJC

Reaction score
I think I like the sound of Trai Turner somewhere in the 3rd of 4th better than Zack Martin at 16.

I guess it would depend, as always, on who is on the board at 16 and, if interested, what are the trade options.

Sydla

Reaction score
I'm just not a fan of investing such a high pick into a OG. He might be a RT but probably not for us. My question is, is he a better RT than Morgan Moses or Antonio Richardson or even Jujuan James?

Yes, yes and yes.

But given needs on defense, I'd go there first before taking Martin.