Zack Martin might be the reason we have no running game

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score
You always want to get rid of a player a year too early, rather than too late. Unfortunately for the Cowboys and how they restructure contracts, we get rid of them late and take a cap hit years after they leave. Double whammy.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
You're just assuming someone at the top of his craft "knew" his skills would erode. You are literally making stuff up and saying you know what someone is doing who has a history of having the highest character and work ethic. There is NOTHING in the way of proof that you can muster to validate your opinion of what Zack Martin was doing and thinking. It's just angry fans trying to find blame in every little corner for the frustrated way this team makes all of us feel. I get that, and empathize with it. These guys are competitors at the highest level. I highly doubt any of them know or can admit when they start to decline, nor would most of them try to fleece their owner because of that. They are just like the rest of us in our careers, trying to make the most they can using their resume and skillset.
I'm not saying they "would" erode. I'm saying they were already and he 100% was aware of what was going on with his own body. They all talk about knowing these things and considering that they perform in a job where every rep whether it practice or game gives them instant feedback.

gtb1943

Reaction score
I'm not saying they "would" erode. I'm saying they were already and he 100% was aware of what was going on with his own body. They all talk about knowing these things and considering that they perform in a job where every rep whether it practice or game gives them instant feedback.
What a joke

McKDaddy

Reaction score
show your DOCUMENTS dude
You've never seen (or read) athletes talking about their careers? Knowing when they were no longer at their peak all the way to knowing when they knew it was time to walk away?

You really think they don't notice the signs of wear, tear & age on their bodies in daily life much less competitive setting? Do you not notice changes in your body\abilities?

Take a step back & look at the big picture.

gtb1943

Reaction score
You've never seen (or read) athletes talking about their careers? Knowing when they were no longer at their peak all the way to knowing when they knew it was time to walk away?

You really think they don't notice the signs of wear, tear & age on their bodies in daily life much less competitive setting? Do you not notice changes in your body\abilities?

Take a step back & look at the big picture.
cite your sources on martin dude
sounds more like personal dislike for the player

McKDaddy

Reaction score
cite your sources on martin dude
sounds more like personal dislike for the player
What "source" supporting what "aspect" of my comments do you want dude?

Nope. Was one of my favorite players but his level of play is the subject.

Did I agree with him holding out when he was on back end of his career? No.

I'm not ill with him for fading as all players do. It did irritate me when fans kept acting like it wasn't happening.

gtb1943

Reaction score
What "source" supporting what "aspect" of my comments do you want dude?

Nope. Was one of my favorite players but his level of play is the subject.

Did I agree with him holding out when he was on back end of his career? No.

I'm not ill with him for fading as all players do. It did irritate me when fans kept acting like it wasn't happening.
thought so

SBWinner

Reaction score
One year ago one of the highest paid guards in football holds out so that he can be the highest paid guard in football. One year later people are saying this will be his last year in Dallas. If you want to know why we can never seem to get over the hump look no further than situations like this. Salary cap money is not treated with the respect it deserves. Veteran players on the decline are treated with too much respect.

You want to know why we have no run game? Dude might very well be the biggest reason why. Tubby better get it in gear and start pancaking people.

The sickest part of it all is that this is his last year under contract but he already counts for 11 million against next years cap and 17 million against the year after that.

That is a modern day future Cowboy hall of famer for ya. A burden for years to come.
I was pissed when he held the team hostage and was on the downside. I get it was a makeup contract to thank him for his contribution. But **** like this is what KILLS the salary cap. Enough!!!

khiladi

Reaction score
We don’t have a very smart QB, who knows what to audible into. I bet the pre-determined play sheet is not very long.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
I knew you would have nothing
Seems like you are up in your feels. I asked you what you wanted.

Do you really think his memoirs have come out yet where he admits knowing he was done?

Gotta use common sense man. Time forgets no one.

gtb1943

Reaction score
Seems like you are up in your feels. I asked you what you wanted.

Do you really think his memoirs have come out yet where he admits knowing he was done?

Gotta use common sense man. Time forgets no one.
you said you had evidence that he was slipping. not just your clearly biased opinion
As I recall, you have been saying that for several years

dragon_mikal

Fire Garrett
Reaction score
Here we go. What do people do on here throw a dart at a team photo and talk down about whatever player it happens to hit? Of all the issues this team has Zach Martin is the player that gets chosen? Jesus.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
you said you had evidence that he was slipping. not just your clearly biased opinion
As I recall, you have been saying that for several years
All you gotta do is watch footage. Pick a game say from 2021 forward & compare to game in his early career. Clear wins & domination gave way to a lot of stalemates. More recently, clear losses have become more frequent.

If he was still dominating, he wouldn't be publicly talking retirement.

coult44

Reaction score
One year ago one of the highest paid guards in football holds out so that he can be the highest paid guard in football. One year later people are saying this will be his last year in Dallas. If you want to know why we can never seem to get over the hump look no further than situations like this. Salary cap money is not treated with the respect it deserves. Veteran players on the decline are treated with too much respect.

You want to know why we have no run game? Dude might very well be the biggest reason why. Tubby better get it in gear and start pancaking people.

The sickest part of it all is that this is his last year under contract but he already counts for 11 million against next years cap and 17 million against the year after that.

That is a modern day future Cowboy hall of famer for ya. A burden for years to come.
You realize according to the numbers, our RBs should have gained almost twice the amount they ran for right? The expected yards per carry completely proved the holes were there, and that the RBs let the OL and the team down by not gaining those yards they should have got.

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

cant disagree