Zack Snyder's Justice League *possible spoilers*

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I got through about the first hour and I had to take a break. I’ll have to watch it in small doses. Everything takes twice as long as it needs to. Every minor incident and character needs five minutes devoted to it. Unnecessarily. And the trademark Snyder ‘everything has to be dark’ is all over the place. The biggest reason why his DCEU will never be half the success of Marvel.

But on the plus side, there is more depth and Steppenwolf is a formidable villain and not the joke he was in the previous incarnation.

I’ll have more to say when I watch the rest.

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score
Watched it last night. Looooong movie! IMO longer than it needed to be. But damn was it so much better than what was previously released! It felt like a completely different movie. Huge improvement to Stephen Wolf's physical appearance and armor.

79277371.jpg

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Watched it last night. Looooong movie! IMO longer than it needed to be. But damn was it so much better than what was previously released! It felt like a completely different movie. Huge improvement to Stephen Wolf's physical appearance and armor.

79277371.jpg

I’d definitely consider that character one of the biggest positives between the two films as far as what I’ve watched.

joseephuss

Reaction score
Is this just a re-release or something?

When this movie was being made, the director Zach Snyder had to step away to deal with family matters. Warner Brothers brought in Joss Whedon to finish directing the movie(reshoots, editing...). I also believe Warner Brothers wanted changes made to the movie as well. The WB last year decided to let Snyder put together his vision for the movie. He did some CGI to give it the appearance he wanted. He changed the musical score. They filmed a few new scenes, but from what I understand those new shots make up less than 15 minutes of the footage. It was mostly cutting room stuff that was added back in.

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score
When this movie was being made, the director Zach Snyder had to step away to deal with family matters. Warner Brothers brought in Joss Whedon to finish directing the movie(reshoots, editing...). I also believe Warner Brothers wanted changes made to the movie as well. The WB last year decided to let Snyder put together his vision for the movie. He did some CGI to give it the appearance he wanted. He changed the musical score. They filmed a few new scenes, but from what I understand those new shots make up less than 15 minutes of the footage. It was mostly cutting room stuff that was added back in.

Ahh, ok thanks. I haven't been impressed with any of the DC movies lately, so I may check it out. I think I saw the original one when it came out.

The Ominous

Dead Man Stalkin
Reaction score
Yeah...I don't care about how the hell this movie was filmed, or the backstories and drama.

After watching it twice fully through....this is one of the greatest superhero movies of all time. I don't give BAT what anyone says. This movie is a masterpiece.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I got through this in one sitting, although some stretching was necessary. It's been so long since I saw the first one, I didn't know what was added but I didn't remember those goofy theme songs introducing some characters. That was totally unnecessary and a good reason not to buy the soundtrack.

There is an interview with Snyder airing Monday but he's already admitted to breaking some rules with some new shooting that they'd requested he not do. They're concerned he's messing with their plans for the DCEU.