Zack Snyder's Justice League *possible spoilers*

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I tried to watch it. I gave up after an hour. Terrible.

I had the same issue. I gave up after that first hour. But then I went back and finished it. I will say that the glacial pace picks up somewhat, enough for me to finish it anyway.

The Lord of the Rings knockoff fight with Darkseid was enough to keep me engaged. Prior to that was a slog.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Did not really care for the first one...don't know if I would care for even more of it.

Besides the Nolan/Bale batman movies...DC has really disappointed me with their movies.
Wasn't much better but it was longer. Nolan's interpretation of Gotham is what it should be.

DC is like Star Wars. Yes, George, you made it for kids but they grew up and you stopped making it for those kids. Let the new kids get their own Star Wars.

Snyder did try to darken this but through the lens, not the writing. Affleck brooding isn't dark. Batman v Cain is dark.

DasTex

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I enjoyed it - watched in 2 nights. I probably would have enjoyed it more if I knew there was more to come with this version, but from what has been said, there isn't. So it kinda felt pointless to an extent.

One thing that hasn't change - I really don't like the Cyborg character or actor in this movie and he gets even more spotlight in this version.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Nolan's interpretation of Gotham is what it should be
Nolan's Gothem interpretation for The Dark Knight and The Dark Knight Rises is spot on in my opinion. Both movies show a city like any other real-life major metropolitan area.

However, Nolan began his trilogy with Batman Begins. Gotham was presented in a more comic book fashion at times.

I have always been curious why Nolan started his trilogy like that. Thankfully, he ingrained more more realism for Gotham in his last two films.

Batman v Cain is dark.
Cain? Did you mean Bane?

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I enjoyed it - watched in 2 nights. I probably would have enjoyed it more if I knew there was more to come with this version, but from what has been said, there isn't. So it kinda felt pointless to an extent.

One thing that hasn't change - I really don't like the Cyborg character or actor in this movie and he gets even more spotlight in this version.
Warner Bros blueprint for the DCEU has been both poorly constructed and followed. Any decision concerning NOT taking the storyline to its natural conclusion was just plain stupid.

I have read others who did not care for Ray Fisher or the character. Going into Justice League 2017, I was apprehensive how they would portray the character on screen. I was not as impressed with Cyborg in that film version as I have been with a more fleshed out director's cut version. Fisher did really well in my estimation, considering the amount of CGI was integrated into making him look and act like a half-man/half-machine entity.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Nolan's Gothem interpretation for The Dark Knight and The Dark Knight Rises is spot on in my opinion. Both movies show a city like any other real-life major metropolitan area.

However, Nolan began his trilogy with Batman Begins. Gotham was presented in a more comic book fashion at times.

I have always been curious why Nolan started his trilogy like that. Thankfully, he ingrained more more realism for Gotham in his last two films.

Cain? Did you mean Bane?
Yes, Bane.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Tom Hardy is The Man!
He's the follow up to Daniel Day-Lewis. They no longer exist when in a role. DeNiro started out that way. I have never seen Tom Hardy in anything he wasn't top shelf. Might not have liked the film but he wasn't the reason.

That's the problem with actors like Cruise, DeNiro and Eastwood, they're still themselves playing a role. Tom Hanks can lose himself but when an actor is an icon, it's tough.

I thought the most interesting role Stallone has had was in Cop Land. He lost himself in that role and was really good. One of the most underrated films I've ever seen, that's a once a quarter watch for me. Same with Kurt Russell in Dark Blue.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Did not really care for the first one...don't know if I would care for even more of it.

Besides the Nolan/Bale batman movies...DC has really disappointed me with their movies.

Likely due to Zack Snyder being a poor knockoff of Nolan's Batman film trilogy.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

At least in the Dark Knight, I think that there was plenty of 'unreal' stuff going on in The Dark Knight Rises.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Warner Bros blueprint for the DCEU has been both poorly constructed and followed. Any decision concerning NOT taking the storyline to its natural conclusion was just plain stupid.

I think it came down to wanting to get Christopher Nolan and settling for Zack Snyder. A huge dropoff there. That, and as you said, not having anywhere near the clarity of vision that Marvel has.

I have read others who did not care for Ray Fisher or the character. Going into Justice League 2017, I was apprehensive how they would portray the character on screen. I was not as impressed with Cyborg in that film version as I have been with a more fleshed out director's cut version. Fisher did really well in my estimation, considering the amount of CGI was integrated into making him look and act like a half-man/half-machine entity.

I thought that Snyder waaaayyyy overpowered the Cyborg character.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
At least in the Dark Knight, I think that there was plenty of 'unreal' stuff going on in The Dark Knight Rises.
I mostly agree if you are referring to stuff like the Gotham Stadium field exploding while the guy runs back the touchdown. My observation was more about the city's scenery, backdrops and all-around cinematography depicted in all three Nolan films.

In my opinion, Snyder achieved the same realistic look-and-feel for Metropolis and Smallville in Man Of Steel. The only thing that stood out scenic-wise in Metropolis was the huge globe atop the Daily Planet tower. I think Snyder did not allow it to dominate a significant number of scenes of the city or its skyline though. The globe is a part of DC canon, which I respect, but it does not mandate being a centerpiece within Superman related movies in my mind.