Zack Snyder's Justice League *possible spoilers*

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I got through this in one sitting, although some stretching was necessary. It's been so long since I saw the first one, I didn't know what was added but I didn't remember those goofy theme songs introducing some characters. That was totally unnecessary and a good reason not to buy the soundtrack.

There is an interview with Snyder airing Monday but he's already admitted to breaking some rules with some new shooting that they'd requested he not do. They're concerned he's messing with their plans for the DCEU.

‘Plans for the DCEU’ is a misnomer anyway. Warner Bros has never had a solid plan, that’s been clear.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
One thing I did like about this is it takes DC into a darker realm akin to Marvel. I've contrasted the two with DC in PG 13 and Marvel is borderline R in the past and this blurred the line a little more.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
One thing I did like about this is it takes DC into a darker realm akin to Marvel. I've contrasted the two with DC in PG 13 and Marvel is borderline R in the past and this blurred the line a little more.
The Dark Knight movies definitely started it in a darker direction. (No pun intended) I'm glad they never had a chance to ruin Ledger's Joker.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeah...I don't care about how the hell this movie was filmed, or the backstories and drama.

After watching it twice fully through....this is one of the greatest superhero movies of all time. I don't give BAT what anyone says. This movie is a masterpiece.
Not sure about masterpiece but I will say this:

The 2017 version is a <expletive> joke compared to The Snyder Cut.

Some of the audience have different opinions. I will respect them and not argue.

Zack Snyder takes it on the chin a good bit. I like his version of dark material. I loved his Man of Steel but was disappointed with his Batman v. Superman.

His director's cut of Justice League? Outstanding. MoS and BvS are its foundation. Synder's JL drew on MoS's roots and cleansed its plot relationships with BvS.

I had lost practically all faith in JL as a bridge to an entertaining Darkseid/Apocalypse conclusion. Snyder restored my faith in the DCEU. Halle-freaking-lujah.

:clap:

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Not sure about masterpiece but I will say this:

The 2017 version is a <expletive> joke compared to The Snyder Cut.

Some of the audience have different opinions. I will respect them and not argue.

Zack Snyder takes it on the chin a good bit. I like his version of dark material. I loved his Man of Steel but was disappointed with his Batman v. Superman.

His director's cut of Justice League? Outstanding. MoS and BvS are its foundation. Synder's JL drew on MoS's roots and cleansed its plot relationships with BvS.

I had lost practically all faith in JL as a bridge to an entertaining Darkseid/Apocalypse conclusion. Snyder restored my faith in the DCEU. Halle-freaking-lujah.

:clap:

I agree that it is most certainly a huge improvement over Whedon’s mess of a Justice League film. I’m amazed that it came from the same guy that directed the first two Avengers films. His personal and professional lives have become a total mess.

But enough with the lens coverings Snyder! It’s not DARK ALL THE TIME and people don’t want to watch a world where it always is! These are colorful characters, and that’s part of their appeal.

And man does this guy need a good editor! Every mine character or event gets 5 minutes spent on them! No wonder the thing was four hours!

It was certainly better than what we got before and the reverence and respect for the characters was clear. But Snyder tried to do too much for any one film and bit off more than he could chew.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I agree that it is most certainly a huge improvement over Whedon’s mess of a Justice League film. I’m amazed that it came from the same guy that directed the first two Avengers films. His personal and professional lives have become a total mess.

But enough with the lens coverings Snyder! It’s not DARK ALL THE TIME and people don’t want to watch a world where it always is! These are colorful characters, and that’s part of their appeal.

And man does this guy need a good editor! Every mine character or event gets 5 minutes spent on them! No wonder the thing was four hours!

It was certainly better than what we got before and the reverence and respect for the characters was clear. But Snyder tried to do too much for any one film and bit off more than he could chew.
This may be way off base but I am the paranoid type...

The 2017 version of JL was un-Weldon like...

Maybe...

Perhaps Weldon (to some degree) sabotaged Snyder’s material in order to lessen it in comparison to his own Avengers work..?

Yeah. Like Murtaugh would say, “That’s real bleeping thin.” lol

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Oops. I forgot I wanted to mention one thing.

The Snyder Cut puts the question of who is faster, The Flash or Quicksilver, permanently to rest.

Unless Quicksilver has done something similar as Flashpoint and ran faster than light, hehe!

nobody

Reaction score

The Snyder Cut puts the question of who is faster, The Flash or Quicksilver, permanently to rest.

Unless Quicksilver has done something similar as Flashpoint and ran faster than light, hehe!

It was never in question. The Flash has always been faster than Quicksilver. Even Marvel acknowledged that.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

giphy.gif

Juggernaut

Reaction score
I finally watched this movie, it's definitely better. Unfortunately it was in 4:3 and long, too much slowmo.

:D