Zeke’s PFF Grade Explained

aria

Reaction score
PFF is more accurate than any other grading system out there but some people only like to reference it if it supports their argument. If it goes against their argument than it’s trash, kinda like Colon Cowturd.

Some of us have been saying this about running backs all along but there’s always a built in excuse for why Zeke is the best, why we can never lose him...yadda yadda yadda. He’s valuable but not indispensable, like a high end washing machine, lol.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I read through, lots of assumptions and grading that didn't make sense. when they had Gurley and Zeke as low performers abut nick chubb 2nd....that should tell you everything. talk to coaches, DCs and get the scoop. not PFF, which as some one said, bunch of interns who never played football, making subjective grading without knowing the scheme, the play, the design, the players responsibilities, etc. whole lot of guess work.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Basically their rating system is terrible. Zeke can win a rushing tittle 2 out of 3 years and still not break their top 100 players list. Seems pretty stupid.

Because you're not reading...

They specifically state the reason he's winning rushing titles is due to the fact he's getting more carries than other RBs in the league. His season was far from spectacular, his fumbles are a problem, and he doesn't score enough despite the amount he touches the ball.

HanD

Reaction score
I read through, lots of assumptions and grading that didn't make sense. when they had Gurley and Zeke as low performers abut nick chubb 2nd....that should tell you everything. talk to coaches, DCs and get the scoop. not PFF, which as some one said, bunch of interns who never played football, making subjective grading without knowing the scheme, the play, the design, the players responsibilities, etc. whole lot of guess work.

Derrick Henry was 3rd in being elusive....

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
The fact Zeke is able to handle the workload he does is just insane and special, but being able to carry the ball a bunch does no better than splitting that workload with two backs who can be more efficient with those touches.

This front office has failed by not getting him a running mate and wareing Zeke down.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Because you're not reading...

They specifically state the reason he's winning rushing titles is due to the fact he's getting more carries than other RBs in the league. His season was far from spectacular, his fumbles are a problem, and he doesn't score enough despite the amount he touches the ball.

I read it and still disagree. We run the ball alot and defenses know it. Our offense goes through zeke and every defense gears up to try and stop him. The only game our offense became a passing offense was vs the giants when he didn't play. Can go on an on but the point is I don't like their system and think it's full of nonesense.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
I read it and still disagree. We run the ball alot and defenses know it. Our offense goes through zeke and every defense gears up to try and stop him. The only game our offense became a passing offense was vs the giants when he didn't play. Can go on an on but the point is I don't like their system and think it's full of nonesense.

Same for Barkley - no one is fearing Eli these days, yet Barkley scored and would have topped Zeke in yards if he had similar carries and did top Zeke in TDs despite having far less touches than Zeke on the year.

These excuses for Zeke are lame - he's a really good/great player, but he's simply not a special back unless he has the durability of Smith. That's to be seen. The fact he's already lost a step isn't a good sign.

HungryLion

Reaction score

Agreed. That’s why I am typically skeptical of all these next gen stats and numbers that rely on a human being to interpret what they’re seeing on the field.

It’s why I prefer traditional stats.

Any ranking that puts Zeke as the 30th ranked RB is flat out stupid.

They should be putting time into adjusting their evaluation process, rathe than writing dumb articles to defend their bad conclusion.