Zeke’s worth?

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
We’ve seen Post after Post talking about how taking a RB wasn’t worth the 4th overall pick in the draft.

Here we are sitting at 0-3 without him, and not just losses but blowouts. I think it’s safe to say he is the most important player on this team. He was well worth the 4th overall pick. It’s a shame what the NFL did to this kid.

AzorAhai

Reaction score
Taking a RB wasn’t worth it. He’s a great player though, just not worth the 4th pick. I think me and Risen were the only two saying go up for a QB, though I wanted a different one than him. QB is too important and we’re seeing now exactly why Dak was a 4th round pick. He kissed a lot of frogs in college.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
Taking a RB wasn’t worth it. He’s a great player though, just not worth the 4th pick. I think me and Risen were the only two saying go up for a QB, though I wanted a different one than him. QB is too important and we’re seeing now exactly why Dak was a 4th round pick. He kissed a lot of frogs in college.
I wanted a QB. Failing that I wanted the RB.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Zeke is more valuable than CB Ramsey.

They were 4th and had no chance to get to #2 for a QB.

AzorAhai

Reaction score
Zeke is more valuable than CB Ramsey.

They were 4th and had no chance to get to #2 for a QB.
They had every chance. They were high in he draft and could have easily made the move. They simply chose not to and let the Eagles and Rams do it instead.

kevm3

Reaction score
and what 2nd year rookie qb would be flourishing under these circumstances? Dak went from a qb having a historical season last year to looking like one of the worst in the league. That's coaching. Look at how goff transformed with McVey

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
Plenty wanted a QB. Nearly everybody said stay put at 4 for one though. I wanted to take advantage of being so high in the draft since Romo was already old and injury prone.
I didn't call for them moving up but I wasn't opposed to it. I just knew they weren't going to do it.

85Cowboy85

Reaction score
I don't think we would have won any one of these games even if Zeke played. Morris and Smith actually have run the ball reasonably well.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
I don't think we would have won any one of these games even if Zeke played. Morris and Smith actually have run the ball reasonably well.

The proof is so far without Zeke they are 0-3 and not just losing but being blown out.

You’d be very wrong in that assessment.

AzorAhai

Reaction score
No, you don't understand the draft if you think it is easy to move up for axQB.
Ok X, explain it to me. Don’t forget to explain how two teams went up further than Dallas would have while you’re at it. The simple fact is saying they couldn’t is a lie and a cop out because they decided they wouldn’t.

Staubacher

Reaction score
Sean Lee biggest loss.

Run game has been ok, Dak has been garbage.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
The proof is so far without Zeke they are 0-3 and not just losing but being blown out.

You’d be very wrong in that assessment.

We had a game like these last 3 with Zeke.

I don't think we would have done much better at all. there's a lot more wrong here than the missing of one player - no team looks this bad missing one player unless it's a proven franchise QB.

Our biggest problem right now, point blank, is QB. If a QB can't pick up the slack, you simply can't win ballgames.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
He was far and a way the league MVP last year (and this year too if he wasn't suspended).

Without Zeke or Romo this is the same 2015 team that went 1-11. Maybe worse. At least that team was competetive most games.

I was wrong about Dak...he can't hold Alex Smith's jock.

The Quest for Six

Reaction score
We’ve seen Post after Post talking about how taking a RB wasn’t worth the 4th overall pick in the draft.

Here we are sitting at 0-3 without him, and not just losses but blowouts. I think it’s safe to say he is the most important player on this team. He was well worth the 4th overall pick. It’s a shame what the NFL did to this kid.

What did Zeke do in the Denver game??....and running back isn't worth a 4th overall pick in a draft..

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
Zeke hid a lot more warts than we imagined. Dak is not playing well and is having us question if this is an aberration or his passing ability wo Zeke. There's some reason to doubt that despite the High School coaching he is receiving which has to mess with his confidence as well; looking for outlets almost immediately in the simplest offense in the league. We have the rest of the season to evaluate him despite Garrett and this lame duck coaching staff. Draft someone early and let them compete in the off season.

Last edited:

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
We had a game like these last 3 with Zeke.

I don't think we would have done much better at all. there's a lot more wrong here than the missing of one player - no team looks this bad missing one player unless it's a proven franchise QB.

Our biggest problem right now, point blank, is QB. If a QB can't pick up the slack, you simply can't win ballgames.

You had 1 game and your QB basically admitted to not being ready in that game.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Ok X, explain it to me. Don’t forget to explain how two teams went up further than Dallas would have while you’re at it. The simple fact is saying they couldn’t is a lie and a cop out because they decided they wouldn’t.
Sure, they could offer the next 10 first round picks plus Fred and Martin. You can always drastically overpay, but to believe that they could have moved up for same price as the Rams and Eagles is false. It would have become a bidding war.

Plus Dak is not the problem. The receivers and scheme is way more of a problem than the QB.