Twitter: Zeke: 1,000 yards is meaningful to me

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Yeah they don't award the batting title to the guy who got the most hits per at bat.. nor does the NBA award a scoring title to the guy who shot the highest percentage.. It's the most.. period.. Given how few Carries Zeke has gotten this season 1000 yards would be a significant achievement..
Not really. But you can pretend it is.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Hopefully, you are not really that dense in your dislike for Elliott.
I am happy to be dense. Maybe I wouldn’t “dislike’ Zeke if someone can make it make sense. I have read excuses for the dude since 2017. So let me ask one simple question and see if I can get a good response. Why is a 4 yard average for Zeke considered good but a 4 yard run from Randle considered a joke?

DuncanIso

Reaction score
237 rushes isn’t enough.

he needs at least 300 a season.

this is all on the coaches.

btw, only 1 fumble.

he also has a decent shot at 10,000 yds.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I am happy to be dense. Maybe I wouldn’t “dislike’ Zeke if someone can make it make sense. I have read excuses for the dude since 2017. So let me ask one simple question and see if I can get a good response. Why is a 4 yard average for Zeke considered good but a 4 yard run from Randle considered a joke?
Cause Randle was carry cologne and not a football??

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
237 rushes isn’t enough.

he needs at least 300 a season.

this is all on the coaches.

btw, only 1 fumble.

he also has a decent shot at 10,000 yds.

My gosh I hope some of you are trolling.

Who looks at Zeke run and thinks that guys needs more carries?

He looked like the worst RB on the field last night.

Slow, plodding, and sluggish.

lukin2006

Reaction score
He is 6th in rushing. He played the 2nd half of the season banged up. He averaged 4.2 ypc which Is the number I prefer to look at. He looked good. He looks ready for the playoffs…go cowboys

stiletto

Reaction score
The most worthless 1000 yards I've ever seen. Every carry by Zeke was pretty much like watching a woman in labor. It was brutal.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
People who
He is 6th in rushing. He played the 2nd half of the season banged up. He averaged 4.2 ypc which Is the number I prefer to look at. He looked good. He looks ready for the playoffs…go cowboys

He actually got hurt in week 4.. so he basically played 13 games on that bum leg. People who hate Zeke are going to hate him no matter what. But nothing will change the fact that he was 2nd in the NFL in rushing and averaging over 5 yards per carry before he got hurt. I applaud him for suiting up under the circumstances. He could have taken the way out and sat to heal up.. Lot of other backs did.. Several of them (Kamara, McCaffrey, Cook) will be watching the playoffs on TV.. Just sayin..

blueblood70

Reaction score
The standards need to be elevated in the NFL 1,000 yd seasons should be a thing of the past, if it's not 1,500 yds then it should be looked at as a failed season.
that's about all rbs then , ALL failures unless you are top 1-2 lol

1500?? LOL one over that now and not many over that most seasons so your logic is flawed only 6 backs right now over 1k with today left. so no , we dont need new measuring sticks unless rbs are shattering that mark like more then 60%..the amount of carries matters

zeke and henry had almost identical 4.2 YOC stats.. thats what matters those backs can't control the splits between 2-3 backs now in today's NFL. that means Zeke was as productive as Henry add in 10 tds and the weay he blocks, hes game planned for, keyed on most plays, hes still important and productive by todays standards,

given he was injured a lot of the back half when he started the front at 5.1 YPC, hes fine.

by his own standards, no, but those were lofty to begin with.

Thomas82

Reaction score
I think he's still capable of 1,400 or 1,500 yards in a season if he can stay injury-free.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
I think he's still capable of 1,400 or 1,500 yards in a season if he can stay injury-free.

At this point with the wear and tear on his body he might not ever make it through another season without some sort of injury. It's a matter of colossal irony that having Pollard in the fold will likely extend his career.. and everybody will be mad about it except Zeke and Pollard.